4: Pathetic Emotions

Wendy groaned, adjusting her position on the chair. She and Mabel had been selling Stan's stupid water bottles all day. Although, to admit it, they were selling really well. Like, really well. Like sold out in the first half hour and Soos had to get more well. The teenager looked at the small girl picking at her shirt's fabric beside her. Mabel normally did her job well, but today she seemed a little...preoccupied.

"Mabel, are you okay? I mean, you've barely talked in the past few hours," Wendy explained, rubbing the girl's shoulder.

Mabel nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just a little worried about Dipper, y'know, with him being, uh, sick and all," Mabel hated lying, but she knew that she couldn't tell anyone about Dipper's little...problem. Also, she'd been feeling sort of...weird. Her back was hurting, and she'd been having a weird headache right in the middle of her head. The weird growing pains from the other day were still there too.

"Just a cold, right? I think he'll be fine."

Mabel smiled awkwardly. "Yeah, just a--just a cold," she stammered, twirling a piece of her hair on her finger.

Bill opened his eye, moaning. A stinging pain was radiating throughout his whole form. And it wasn't a pleasant pain. He hurt. Bad. The demon groaned, shutting his eye, knowing his ultimate fate and not wanting to face the obvious truth. Bill moodily snapped open his eye, staring up at the sky. It was the colour of fire, something he would like to set a certain kid to at that point. So the demon lay there, ramrod straight on the ground of the forest, not wanting to accept the situation he was in. The demon gagged as a strange sensation filled...something. He groaned. Senses. He had goddamn senses that he could not turn off whenever he pleased. And that disgusting smell was the grass of the small clearing in the forest where he was lying down, unable to face his inevitable truth.

After a long while of just lying there, Bill brought his right arm into his eyesight. Instead of his rather...flat arm he was accustomed to, Bill was greeted by a 3D object...or limb, covered by a satiny black fabric, which was glittering in the fading sunlight. He wiggled his slender five fingers, one extra digit then he was used to, oddly, then quickly snatched off the black glove which concealed the truth. "Flesh," Bill sneered, malice dripping off of his voice, the normal ambient echo removed, leaving the demon with a relatively normal-sounding voice. Disgusting, tan human flesh filled with disgusting muscles and disgusting bone and disgusting blood and disgusting organs had become his whole body. "Just disgusting," Bill sneered, dropping his disgusting hand at his disgusting human torso which held his disgusting human stomach. Oho, he was going to murder Pine Tree.

Reluctantly, Bill sat up, quite a task for him to do, as his stupid, disgusting human muscular system even weaker than Pine Tree's. He felt his head droop down, unable to be supported by his disgusting body. Bill wailed, lying back down and clenching his...human fists. Oh, his life was definitely ruined. All thanks to the stupid river and the stupid kid and the stupid pen he was a mortal with a limited lifespan and bygods...needs and worst of all: emotions. Bill had never experienced these...emotions before, and he really, desperately wanted to make them go away. He felt his...stomach churning and his body was shaking and that feeling of dread was making him feel lightyears worse then he already did. He gulped. Was this...fear? Because he sure as hell didn't like that feeling.

Moaning, Bill thrust his right arm over his eyes to block out the sun. He was going to die here, wasn't he? Some creature would find him and chew his useless, weak, pathetic human body into smithereens. Oh, but death would be so much better then his current fate, wouldn't it? Being a human, in Bill's experience, even though it had been at least ten minutes since he came to, was absolutely terrible. However, if death were to be his fate, he wouldn't get to see Pine Tree or Fordsy's reaction to the whole river fiasco. Death would have to wait.