Chapter 29

Trenton’s words left me in a daze the rest of the day. I hadn’t been expecting it.

                We had barely walked out of the school when he pulled me around the back where the flow of students wasn’t.

                He left without a warning.

                I slid onto the ground, shaken by the pure lust that had overpowered me. The grass was warm against my bottom. I sucked in a shaky breath, opening my eyes slowly.

                The area around me was almost completely empty.

                It was a good thing too. The show that Trenton and I had been putting on just a few seconds ago had been fairly provocative.

                I bit my lip, my eyes narrowing at a spade of grass before me. Trenton hadn’t seen me at all today, and he decided to spring this erotic display of affection towards me now? And then leave without a goodbye?

                I shook my head quickly, trying to clear my head.

                I couldn’t let Trenton distract me.

                My mother was waiting in the parking lot.

                Slowly, hesitantly, I stood up, preparing myself for the long, inevitably, awkward car ride to our home.

                ~*~

                There was a knock on my bedroom door two hours later.

                I looked up from the book I had buried my head in, spinning around to face the door. Mother didn’t wait for an answer before she walked in, clutching something in her hand. My eyes glanced down briefly at the mystery object, then back to her face.

                She took a step in so that she was fully in my room.

                “I got an interesting phone call today.” She began. “Just an hour ago, actually. From your father. Do you know what this is about?”

                It was a rhetorical question.

                I kept my lips closed.

                “He phoned me complaining about how I had taken your phone away. Apparently, you seemed to have skimmed over why I did that.”

                “I told him every—”

                She cut me off, “He yelled at me for a good five minutes before I managed to get him to listen to me. We had a discussion about severity of the punishment I had given you.”

                I swallowed dryly.

                Surely Dad hadn’t caused it to worsen, had he?

                “I understand that what I did was fairly severe. But it was for your own good.”

                I sighed internally. She was just giving me false hope, only to crush it. I had almost believed I was getting off the hook.

                She glanced around the room as she spoke, avoiding eye contact, “And I’ve decided that your father is right. He needs to be able to contact you, and for now he still is helping to pay the phone bill. You may have your cell phone back.”

                Hesitantly, she extended her hand to reveal the small black phone in the palm of her hand. I gratefully took it from her. The phone was turned off. I placed it on the desk next to the text books that cluttered the top.

                “I am still picking you up from school every day, but consider getting your phone back as a step in the right direction. If your behavior continues to improve, I’ll consider un-grounding you.” She said. I bit my tongue gently, realizing that only the night before I had snuck out of the house.

                My behavior was not improving.

                Mom hesitated a moment, standing in the doorway stiffly. “Dinner will be ready in about a half an hour.”

                “Thank you.” I said.

                She nodded, closing the door behind her.

                I turned back to my desk, picking up the black cellular device.

                It was cool in my hands, foreign. The phone was turned off, most likely from the battery running out.

                Once that thought crossed my mind, I reached over, grabbing the edge of the charger and plugging it in. The screen lit up, revealing a model of a battery juicing up. Gently, I set the phone on my desk.

                There was no way she hadn’t done something to my phone in the time that I had it taken away from me.

                I was almost positive that Trenton’s number had been blocked.

                And Erica’s.

                And most likely Sam’s as well.   

                She didn’t have to know Sam to block the number.        

                I shook my head and forced myself back to work. In the back of my mind, Trenton’s fantasy still lingered there, sending chills down my spine.

                I really hoped prom night went that well.

******

Due to Wattpad's content guidelines, I cannot publish the full chapter for all to see. It contains fairly explicit stuff (Sex). It's like how I've been doing. My little foreplay thing & then sex. If you're interested, here's the link; http://www.facebook.com/notes/zoey-johnson/the-devils-pawn-chapter-29-explicit-only-read-if-you-cant-access-it-please/145797802174608

It will also be the 'external link' on the side. If you cannot get it from either, you can access it in the notes on my Facebook. It's open for everyone. 

I apologize about the inconvience. 

If you read it, please comment there or on Wattpad so that I know if anyone read it.