Chapter 16

This wasn’t as horrifying as I had anticipated, but that didn’t mean I wasn’t shaking. I had pulled my legs to my chest, wrapping my arms around them tightly. Trenton’s body was pressed against mine, his arm around my waist.

                I couldn’t take my eyes away from the screen, despite the chills running down my spine.

                “Don’t.” I whispered softly to myself as the boy on the screen stood in front of the door. I knew what was behind it. But the boy on the screen didn’t. It was a bad move. He surely would be killed if he opened it, and that was not something I particularly wanted to see.

                Trenton chuckled next to me, pulling me closer to him.

                A soft moan came from the right, causing me to scream.

                I whipped my head over to see Erica and Fits tongue tied with each other’s tongues. Trenton’s body was shaking against me in laughter.

                I shot him a look, “Stop!”

                Trenton smirked, “That was funny, and you have to admit it.”

                I only shook my head, my attention turning back to the movie. Trenton readjusted his arm so that it was higher up on my waist.

                I moved my head to rest on his shoulder, ever so slightly.

                He leaned his cheek on top of my own.

                The boy on the screen opened the door.

                I screamed, along with several other people in the theater.

                Trenton laughed.

                Erica and Fits didn’t notice.

                “I’m not looking for any monsters under the bed tonight.” He whispered in my ear, a teasing tone to his voice.

                I nudged him with my elbow, “Shut up.”

                “I’m just putting this out there now.”

                “Shh.” I put a finger over his lips, trying to pay attention to the movie. Trenton chuckled, licking the palm of my finger. I made a face, wiping it on his cheek. “You’re so gross.”

                A few people screamed around me. My eyes flickered back to the screen before us, slightly upset that I missed something good.

                Trenton’s hand rubbed up and down my side slowly, distracting me. I pushed it away, however, Trenton had other intentions.

                His grip around my waist tightened, pulling me closer to him by default.

                “Trenton!” I hissed at him. “Stop! I want to watch the movie.”

                “I don’t,” He whispered in my ear, “I’ve got another idea…”

                 It didn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out what his other idea would be, “No, seriously. I can’t do that to Sam.”

                He groaned, “But you’ve already done it before.”

                “I just bailed on our date so you could drag me to see this movie!” I said, “I’m not going to cheat on her too!”