Chapter 18

Trenton ended up taking a shower to relieve himself of his problems. I felt like I should take one too, but figured it would be less awkward if I waited until I was in my own bathroom. A small part of me feared that Trenton would purposely walk in on me.

                I could hear the sound of the water rushing in the bathroom down the hall as I stretched out on Trenton’s bed. The silence of the house was suffocating as I waited for Trenton to finish. The scene replayed itself in my head repeatedly.

                I found myself wishing I could relieve every moment of it.

                The water turned off, squeaking slightly. I turned my head to the door of the bedroom, waiting for Trenton to walk in.

                A few short minutes later, he made his appearance.

                Trenton ran a hand through his wet hair, strutting into his bedroom in nothing save for blue and black boxers. He closed his door with his foot, flicking the light on.

                “Why were you laying around in the dark?” Trenton walked over to the bed, moving next to me. I rolled over to give him more space.

                “I don’t really know.”

                “You’re weird.”

                “Shut up.” I laughed, playfully hitting his chest.

                Trenton chuckled, grabbing my wrist before I could pull it away. He held it there, pressing my palm against his warm chest. I could feel the moisture still leftover from his shower on my hand.

                I left my hand there, sitting up-right. Trenton continued to lay on the bed, one hand behind his head. The other held my wrist tightly. His hair had already begun to dry, the damp edges frayed against his pillow. My eyes slowly moved down his body, taking in all his glory.

                He squeezed my wrist playfully, catching my eyes again.

                I blushed slightly, biting my lip.

                “Like what you see?” He smirked. “It’s alright, Tay, it’s all yours.”

                “Can I ask you something?” My fingers casually brushed his chest slightly, curling in and out. Trenton’s grip didn’t loosen in the slightest.

                “Sure.”

                “What are we?”

                He frowned, looking around, confused, “People?”

                I rolled my eyes, “Duh. You know what I mean though. How would you classify us as? I mean… after what just happened.”

                I could feel my face redden with each word.

                “Oh.” He breathed out. “What do you want to be?”

                “I asked you first.”

                “I asked you second.”

                “You’re so immature, Trenton.” I rolled my eyes,

                Trenton moved his hand from behind his head to the front of my shirt, pulling me forward. I smiled slightly as he pulled me on top of him, hovering.