Chapter 23

A loud ringing awoke me from my slumber.

                Loud would be an understatement.

                I cringed into the person next to me, shielding my ears with my hands. I groaned, burying my face into his side, “Make it stop.”

                I felt him shift next to me, reaching over and turning off the sound. He groaned as he fell back down on the bed, throwing an arm over his eyes.

                I peeled my head back, groaning in discomfort. I felt like a freight truck was slamming into my skull with each beat of my heart.

                Peeling my eyes open, I squinted against the bright light filtering into the room. My eyes glanced over to the side where a small alarm clock sat.

                “Crap.” I mumbled, laying my head back against the pillows. I didn’t want to get up.

                Trenton, grumbled next to me. “Ten more minutes please.”

                I couldn’t resist.

                I feel back asleep next to him for ten more silent minutes.

                Until we were met with the shrill ringing of the alarm. Trenton rolled over top of me slightly, slamming his hand on the alarm clock next to me. He moved back off, burying his head into his pillows tightly.

                I sat up in bed, clutching my head painfully. I let out a small whimper, slowly opening my eyes to the bright world.

                My eyes flickered over to the time.

                6:30.

                “Crap.” I repeated. I pressed the sheets to my chest as I turned to the side, looking at Trenton. He was still fast asleep, his lips parted just slightly. His hair stuck up in all directions, contrasting sharply with the white pillow underneath him.

                The sheet that covered him had been pulled down sharply thanks to me. I flatted my hand against my chest, feeling my heart beat as my eyes moved down his body. Several distinct dark marks dotted his neck. As my eyes moved down further, I noticed just how low the sheet actually went. It came at an angle, from mid-chest on one side to his hip.

                I averted my eyes away once I noticed the raise in the sheets.

                “Trenton.” I whispered, nudging him gently.

                He grunted, rolling over, “Ten more minutes, my head’s fucking killing me. Give me a break, please.”

                “We have school soon.” I yawned slightly, trying to keep my headache at a minimum.

                “Fuck school.” He grumbled, “Taylor, go back to sleep. My dad will call us in sick. Just go back to sleep.”

                “We can’t miss school!”

                “Give me one good reason.”

                “I have a history test today.”

                “All the more reason to not go.”

                “I need a shower.” I grumbled, reaching over the side of the bed. I grabbed the shirt Erica had loaned me, slipping it over my head. My eyes scanned the ground in search of something to where on the bottom.