Twinsies

A/N

Sorry I haven't posted in a while... But happy fourth of July!! I'll try to get on more.

I just recently got three new books. Incarceron, the fault in our stars, and the city of bones. Are they good? I hope so. Anyway... on with the chapta!!! :)

----------------------------------------------------Sky's POV

As Ty stared at the portal, I shifted my crouch into a more comfortable position. I stepped on a twig, and it made a loud SNAP against the silent forest.

Ty snapped his head around, a terrified look on his face. He turned back around just as Jason gave me the evil eye. Sheesh. I turned back to see Ty stepping into the portal, and getting swallowed up by the menacing black swirls.

When I was sure he was gone, I turned to Jason. "We have to follow him. You can never be sure what Ty will do." I said, standing up. "Yeah, but we should get supplies, first. Who knows what's in there. There could be zombies, o-or spiders, or-" "Jason." I interrupted him. "Yeah?" "Shuddup!" I yell.

Then, without looking back to see if he was following me, I walked over to the portal. I hesitated, realizing that Jason was right.

Ehh, YOLO. I went in.

Jason's POV (Ha! I surprised you, didn't I?)

Sky walked over to the portal, but hesitated to go in. Maybe he realized I was right

"Ehh, YOLO." I heard him say before going in. Damn you, Sky. I got up from my hiding place, not wanting to be left alone, and ran into the black portal. The quiet forest was leaving me jumpy.

Everything seemed to slow down. I, seemingly, floated through random events in time and in different places. Some, I could name. Like George Washington leading a tired American troop into battle, or the bombing of pearl harbor. (Sorry, it's hard to pay attention in my history class.)

Then there were some I couldn't quite remember if they happened. Like a circus, filled with lion tamers and acrobats, swinging over the heads of adoring children, or an old fashioned ballroom, filled with dancers in frilly dresses and long coats.

What was happening? Then, I saw a light, like at the end of a long tunnel. No, it didn't seem like I was dying. It felt, like, coming out of a movie theater after sitting in a dark room for so long.

I reached the light and plowed through, seeing as I was still involuntarily floating. When I reached the other side, I was back in the forest; we were back where we cane through.

"What the hell?" I said aloud. "What just happened?" asked Sky. I turned around, and he was standing there, scratching his head, clearly just as confused as I was. Ty was nowhere to be found. "Well, if we are back home, Ty's probably at your place. I don't think he's go home after what happened." I told Sky.

"Yeah, I'll go and see. Meanwhile, you should go get some sleep. It's pretty late." he replied, still frowning. I agree, it's dark out here, and I'd rather not sleep with the mobs. "Ok. I'll go home. I'm a little shaken up, because on the way here I saw various images of war" I said, sort of to myself, already walking away.

Skipping boring walking home junk...

When, I got home, I walked up the sidewalk. I felt around for my keys, And realized I left them inside. "Dammit!" I mutter, ringing the doorbell. I hope mom's home. The door opened, and I looked up to expect my mother's disapproving face wondering where I'd been. But no. It was...

Me?

I just stood there, mouth open, staring at, well, me. "Close your mouth, or you'll catch flies." said...me. I quickly shut my mouth, embarrassed. "Who are you?" I asked. "I could ask you the same question. You walked up to my house." he replied. "Wait your house? Uh, my name's Jason. We, look alike." I said. "Yeah, my name's Jason too. But what do you want? I don't have all day!" he said, irritated. (Let's just call him Jason2 ok?)

I wasn't making a very good first impression. "Uh, well, you see, my friend and I cane through a portal, chasing my other friend who can sometimes be irresponsible. I have no idea where I am, but where I come from, I live here. And right now, I just need a place to stay." I quickly explained, seeing a spider down the street out of the corner of my eye.

"And?" Jason2 asked. I was liking him less and less. "And what? I just need a place to stay while I try to find my friend." I yelled, annoyed with him. "Jeez, don't need to wake the neighbors. Fine, get in here. You can sleep on the couch." Jason2 said, stepping away from the door to let me in.

Inside was still pretty much the same as my house back home. I saw a cat slink around the corner. "Teddy!" I say, delighted to see a familiar face. "Uh, yeah, that's my cat." Jason2 explained. *Awkward silence*

I sat on the couch, in my favorite corner where i usually sat when my family would watch movies together. "Uh, what about your parents? Do they mind a stranger sleeping on their couch?" I asked him, a little worried that I'd get kicked out. "Naw, my mom's on a business trip." he replied shortly, as if keeping something from me.

"What about your dad?" I cautiously asked. Jason2 looked up at me, startled, like he didn't expect to hear that word. A second later he looked down again. "He, uh...he's not here." he mumbled. I saw tears forming in his eyes. "There was an accident. Didn't make it home from work one day.

"Oh, I'm really sorry." I apologized, regretting that I'd asked. "No, it's ok. It feels better to talk about it." Jason2 admitted, smiling a little. Then it disappeared, replaced with his annoyed frown. "Well, I'm gonna get a drink. Want anything?" he asked, walking over to the kitchen. "No, I'm fine." I replied. I noticed we were even wearing the same clothes. Creepy.

"We have a lot in common!" I cheerfully started, "Like, the house, Teddy, the clothes. We're like, twinsies!" I shouted, putting on my best girly voice. Jason2 looked up and smirked. "Don't ever say that again." he said. I laughed. I guess he isn't too bad after all.

----------------------------------------------------A/N

Ok, I'm gonna end it there. Sorry, when I'm writing this it's 12:17 am. I'm tired. Also, if you read the authors notes, say "grape" in the comments. Idk I'm hungry. Anyway, night my bunnies, or good morning, I guess. Whenever you read this.

xoxo,

Fi