Chapter twenty-five: Planned Date

Louis:

   Niall was waiting for me in front of the lunchroom the next day, looking highly impatient with his arms crossed. I was surprised he'd waited up, what with his lunch awaiting him inside. I walked up to him and gave him an even wider smile.

 We were a bit late to school today, Harry and I, because I had left my cell phone in the living room and hadn't heard it when it went off this morning. We were a whole class period late, actually, and Niall looked a little ticked off that I hadn't shown up. But I hadn't talked to him in a while; it was good to hear from him.

"Where've you been?" He exclaimed, glaring at me. But his gaze immediately softened when he raised an eyebrow, cocking his head to the side. "Tone down the smile, mate, picture day isn't until spring. What's with you?"

I slapped my hands over my cheeks and sighed. Seriously, I hadn't been able to stop smiling since last night.

Last Night. That was something I wouldn't ever forget; that I wouldn't even want to forget. It had been so perfect, really, and Harry and I had seen each other differently. And best of all, we loved each other. At least, that's what we were forming into.

"Oh, no," Niall chuckled, patting my shoulder. "Something big happened. I can tell. Tell me while we eat."

So that's what we did. Niall got his meal and I bought a bag of chips, and we sat at our private table. Niall immediately told me to spill, and I reluctantly started to tell him. I didn't know how Harry would feel if I told Niall every single thing that happened, like how I'd had to coax him into his release, so I was ready to skip around the most graphic parts.

"Well, um..." I trailed off, awkwardly scratching the back of my head. "Before you, like, make a big deal of it; promise me you won't bug Harry? Don't say anything to him about it."

Niall rolled his eyes and waved a hand, urging me on. "Yeah, yeah. I promise."

I ran a hand through my hair, smiling a bit sheepishly. I knew Niall well enough to know that he would just dash off an 'discreetly' bring up the topic, but I still told him. "Uh...Harry and I...you no, after we got home from Doncaster...we started kissing, and we got a little...caught up."

Per usual, Niall jumped to conclusions. "You shagged him?" He hissed – at least he kept his voice down. He had a crazy, disbelieving grin on his face.

I, however, was blushing like mad. "No, Niall!" I protested. "We didn't...we didn't...shag. Not entirely."

"Not entirely," Niall repeated, his brown eyebrows shooting up. "Then what did you do?"

I pressed my lips together, shrugging a shoulder. "I...it was...dry," I muttered. "We didn't...take our clothes off, but we were just sort of..."

Niall caught on, exclaiming a loud, "Oh!" He started cackling, sticking his hand in the air for a high-five. I just stared at it, too embarrassed to do anything else. "Way to go, mate!" He cheered, ignoring my rejection

I sighed, rolling my eyes. Regardless, I could feel a smile tugging at my lips. "I told him I loved him. He said he loved me, too."

At this, Niall looked surprised. He was unusually silent for a moment. "That's wonderful, Louis."

I chewed my lip and nodded, prodding my finger at my now half-empty bag of chips. I guess Niall knew, too, how happy I was that someone like Harry had come around. "Thanks, Ni. Oh, remember, you cannot tell Harry that I told you."

Niall scoffed, ignoring me. "Are you guys dating now or what? You guys have kissed endless times and half-shagged, and you're not even dating?"

I blinked, chewing my bottom lip. I slowly shook my head. "No..." And there wasn't really a reason anymore.