Chapter twelve: Too Much Taylor

Harry:

   From: Taylor S.

Hey, Harry :) Or, good morning, I should say haha. I can’t sleep…can we talk? Too bad I can’t hear your voice… :) <3

Sent at 12:34am

I groaned, squinting at my phone. “What the hell?” I whispered, throwing my phone onto the far end of my bed. She’d texted me at twelve-thirty in the morning…to talk?

“No…no we cannot talk,” I slurred, curling into a ball and closing my eyes. That damn Taylor Swift, entirely gorgeous but such an excessive talker. Yes, I got it – she liked my voice. But did she have to remind me at 10:00am, when I was in class? Or in the middle of the night when I’m asleep?

I sort of liked being with Taylor. It was something different. I liked having a girl’s opinion on things, but I got way too many of those from Taylor. I didn’t want to know what she thought about everything. And somehow, she’d found a way to come downstairs after every class period, just to tell me about how the last hour was for her. It was annoying.

Other than that, we’d gotten on with each other well for a few days. I didn’t try to keep my relationship with Taylor from Louis’ presence. I sort of wanted to rub it in his face, in a way that said: See, I’ve totally forgotten about this kiss! It’s not bothering me at all.

Even though it was.

I definitely had not forgotten about it.

In fact, it was slowly killing me.

I hadn’t told anyone about the kiss, and that was probably the problem. Having the secret bottled in…it was terrible. I wanted to talk to Louis about it – maybe get a clarification as to why he’d started kissing me in the first place.

And then maybe I’d ask if he could do it again.

I turned over, burying my face into the pillow and huffing. I wanted to say that I didn’t care about Louis. I really did. But that just wasn’t working. Being with Taylor wasn’t stopping me from thinking of how Louis’ eyes were much prettier than hers, or about how badly I wanted to touch Louis’ hair rather than hers.

My phone rang yet again. I still checked it; I wanted to see what she had to say, but I wasn’t going to answer.

From: Taylor S.

Harry, babe?

Sent at 12:37am

My eyes widened. No. I wasn’t her ‘babe’. I wasn’t anyone’s ‘babe’. If I were anyone’s ‘babe’, I would be Louis’ and only Louis’.

I rubbed my sleepy eyes. I reminded myself of why I was doing this in the first place. I did that over and over again. See if you’re gay or not. Just do that and we’ll take it from there. Baby steps.

My phone rang a third time.

From: Taylor S.

LOL, by the way, my friends were wondering whether or not you’re going to ask me out? ;)

Sent at 12:40am

I raised my eyebrows. My fingers automatically started typing, even though every part of my brain was screaming. No! Why’re you answering her?!

To: Taylor S.

I don’t ask out girls very well…

Sent at 12:42am

I really didn’t. I’d asked out probably four girls in my entire life, and all of them consisted of stumbling over my words and making a fool out of myself.