Chapter seven: Tunnel Vision

Louis:

   Tension. That’s all there was between Harry and I for the next couple of weeks. I didn’t know what type of tension it was, but it was the kind that made me scared to do anything with him, in fear that I might do something I shouldn’t.

I found it easier to text or call him. Then I wouldn’t have to see his face whenever he said something that I found sweet. He wouldn’t have to see my giddy, school-girl reaction when he texted me every morning with something along the lines of:

Good morning, Handsome ;)

Or late at night:

Boooo, I can’t sleep :/ I miss youuu

Even with our strange behavior and unknown tension, we still found a way to be around each other. We were on my couch, his head in my lap and my fingers messing with his curly hair. The TV was on but neither one of us were really paying attention to it. We kept up our own conversation.

“Harry,” I whined, my hands massaging his scalp. “Why haven’t you let me meet your mum and sister yet?”

Harry’s eyes flittered from the TV screen and onto my face. He smiled, dimples and all. “They’re really embarrassing, Boo,” he said slowly. He nudged my arm with his head affectionately. The nicknames were a constant thing with him. He wouldn’t call me by my real name unless he just wasn’t in a good mood. He restrained from the name Boobear because he claimed that it made me all upset.

He was sort of right. ‘Boobear’ only triggered a bunch of memories of my mum and family. So he strayed from it.

I rolled my eyes. “They can’t be that bad.” Harry shrugged and directed his attention back to the TV. My phone buzzed and I pulled it from my pocket, reading the text.

From: Niall :)
is Harry over? Well, duh he is. He always is. Better not be doing anything you shouldn’t be!
Sent at 7:34pm

I blushed, laughing softly. I didn’t feel pressured when I was texting, so I teased.

To: Niall :)
We’ll see, mate ;D It’s just so tempting. I might not be able to help myself :P
Sent at 7:35pm

From: Niall :)
Ahh, I see! You’d better not bottom! XD
Sent at 7:37pm

“Lou?” Harry prodded my abdomen with his elbow. I looked down at him from my phone, meeting his green eyes. He called my name again, meowing it out like a kitten. He wore a frown, which was strange. “Louis? Who’re you talking to?”

“Niall,” I muttered, glancing up at my phone again. I reread the text. You’d better not bottom. My phone was pulled out of my hands and tossed onto the couch. Harry looked smug, sweeping his curly hair out of his face. I narrowed my eyes. “What?”

“Talk to me,” he whimpered. “I want you to talk to me.”

I sighed impatiently, but I couldn’t help the butterflies that erupted in my belly. “Alright, fine. I’ll talk to you.”

Harry grinned, humming in thought. “I have a question. You ready?”

I leaned back against the couch, smiling at him. “Have at it.”

“Okay. Boobs or bum?”

I blinked, the smile quickly disappearing from my face. “Um…wait, what?”

Harry chuckled, but there was a nervous edge to it. “Boobs or bum?” he repeated. “Like, for a girl. What do you like better?”

Neither, I thought. I didn’t pay any attention to girls. I never noticed those things. “Uh…bum, I guess,” I said finally. It was only a partial lie. I didn’t like girls’ bums; I didn’t like girls as a whole. But guys had bottoms; that was discreet enough. “What about you?”