Chapter twenty: He'll See You

Harry:

   Louis and I had stayed at the park until it started to get dark, which had been at around six o'clock. Like little kids, Louis had chased me around the entirety of the small park while I tried desperately to get out of his path. However, he'd tackled me successfully after a few minutes, tugging me under a shade-provided tree before straddling my waist and kissing me thoroughly.

And then he'd walked me home, giving me another kiss and nipping my bottom lip rather roughly.

"That's for my neck, Harry. Goodnight, now."

The next day at school, I received plenty of glares and disapproving noises from both Taylor's friends and her ex-boyfriends. Taylor herself hadn't said a word to me, and I was okay with that, I didn't want to see her anyway, but then I realized that she was getting her friends to yell at me for her.

It was only the second period of the day, and Taylor had already gotten two girls to cuss me out and three to threaten me. I was stopped at the entrance of my classroom by a girl I'd never seen before but knew that she was another one of Taylor's hit women.

I sighed quietly, running a hand through my hair. I felt quite bad about this entire situation, and I'd apologized to every last one of these girls, but I was getting tired or saying the same things. "Hello. Um...do you mind stepping out the way some...?"

I'd said it as politely as I could, but the girl, whose name I didn't know or care to know, didn't move. She had a hand placed on her skirt clad hip, her honey-colored hair tipped over one shoulder.

"I do mind, actually," she snapped, narrowing her brown eyes. "You broke up with her. Why?"

I rolled my eyes, starting to get annoyed. She was now the sixth person I had to explain this to today. Tomorrow was the weekend, thankfully, and that meant that I'd get a break. "I was just..." I shrugged. I decided that I might as well entertain her. I wouldn't give her the answer I gave everyone else. "I didn't feel I was good enough."

"You're damn right you weren't good enough," the girl nodded her head, shifting her weight onto her other hip. "I hope you know she hates you."

"Believe me. I do," I assured her. "I get the message now; you can tell Taylor to back off. Her friends don't need to tell me off for her. So can you please leave so I can get on with my day?"

The girl huffed and sidestepped, allowing me to walk past her and into the classroom. I went to the very back of the class and sat at one of the desks, fishing out my phone and checking my messages.

1 unread message(s) from Niall

I smiled small, opening the text. I hadn't heard from Niall in a while, and he always made me feel better. He made everyone feel better.

From: Niall

Hey mate! Louis told me you dumped Taylor, confirm or deny? :)

Sent at 10:01am

I looked around the room; other kids were filing in but there was no sign of the teacher. I held my phone under my desk and responded to Niall.

To: Niall

Confirm. It's back to normal, more or less. But she hates me.

Sent at 10:11am

From: Niall

Congrats! You're a free guy! She'll get over it. She always does.

Sent at 10:12am

To: Niall