Chapter 35- Ghosts

Chapter 35- Ghosts

(Warning: Graphic violence/gore. Read with caution)

Deeks' POV

So what she wanted to talk to Christina alone? They obviously had a connection from the minute they met. They had Jack, someone that brought them together. Why is this bothering me so much, though? 

I placed my badge and gun on the kitchen table. It was a lonely drive back home. I even played a techno song to try and make it seem like Kensi was there with me. Well, maybe half a song. I still really don't like that kind of music. I don't know why I'm missing her. I saw her a half an hour ago and we were together all day. Maybe I'm missing our usual witty banter and teasing. Today when she knocked on Kelvin's door and called me a dog was the closest to normal we've gotten since she got back from Nicaragua. Whatever happened down there changed her. 

Calloused hands closed around my neck suddenly, squeezing tightly. I didn't even have the time to scream. My breathing was quickly running thin, and I needed to do something. I thrashed and threw blind punches, trying to at least see the face of my attacker. Panic rose throughout my entire body. My fist finally made contact with what felt like a nose, and the grip loosened just enough for me to slip out. I turned around, facing the unmasked man. He didn't look familiar, but my time for combing through memories ran short when a sharp pain radiated throughout my abdomen. My hand flew down to the source, and I saw blood flowing out of the new bullet wound. My knees buckled, and black dots danced in front of my eyes. I could see my gun just a few feet away on the table. My hands stretched for it, but a heavy boot interrupted my attempts. I cried out in pain as the bone made a distinct cracking noise, and bent in a way that arms shouldn't bend. The man came very close to my face. With my other hand, I punched him as hard as I could, making him stumble backwards.

"You shouldn't have done that." He growled, and the all too familiar sound of a knife clicking open made my ears perk up.

Not again.

When Riley attacked me awhile back, she was careless and enraged. She hit something inside of me on the first cut that made me pass out real quick. I didn't feel any of her other stabs or slices.

This guy was no amateur. He knew how to enflict the most pain while still keeping me out of the darkness. I subconciously counted seventeen different times the cool blade ripped through my flesh and out again, with every cut it threatened to take my life with it. As the pain grew to the point of unbearable, I became useless: unable to fight back. I just lay there on my carpet, lifeless. The only sounds that came out of my mouth were "please" or muffled groans and whimpers. 

"You can't be a real NCIS agent. Just look at you, you're not even trying. This is why you belonged back at LAPD, Marty. NCIS doesn't need lazy bums like you anyways." He sneared as the blade dug into my thigh.

Somehow his words made me snap. A burst of adrenaline and energy surged through me as I grabbed him by the neck, throwing him off of me. 

"That's more like it!" He snickered, putting the knife down on the couch and lunging towards me.

My fist met his stomach, but his also hit me square in the face. I tumbled back to the floor, the massive bloodloss taking it's toll. 

"Now, Marty." He said, smacking me again and again. "I just need you to know that the King sends his love from hell. He personally told me to end the person that took his majesty from the earth, of course with a little tip for his loyal subject. After you are through, I think I'll go on a little vacation in my new vacation house, or maybe spend some time on my new yacht."

"Glad to know I'm worth so much." I managed to spit out. 

"Oh don't get cocky, Marty. I thought I was too good to handle someone as low as you, but a break every once and awhile can be nice too, so I kindly accepted my task. Now if I was going after your little girlfriend... That would be more on my level. Where is she by the way? I would just hate to have witnesses..."