Chapter 41- Business

 Deeks' POV

I was having a nice dream about spending the day in Paris with a hot super model and then Kensi sees her and me talking and flips her out of the chair and kicks her across the world with her super ninja powers. Of course right when things were about to get steamy, someone decides to poke me in the shoulder and wake me up.

As my eyes adjusted to the light, I could see three men, two standing by the door, and one sitting next to by bed. They were all packing, and I wondered how they got into the hospital without anyone noticing their big ass guns.

"Good morning, Detective Deeks." the skinny man sitting next to me said.

"Who are you? Why did you poke a sleeping man, who does that?" I exclaimed. To be honest, I was nervous, and when I get nervous I tend to talk a bit too much.

"The name is Oscar Nicks, and we have something in common."

"Something in common?"

"I should say, someone, shouldn't I? I understand you're Natalie's ex-boyfriend." 

"What about it? We had a thing for awhile. She ended it, and I thought we had something, but apparently not." I gave him a slightly sad face and a shrug to sell it. I can't mess this up, or Kensi could get killed.

"Well the thing is, you're a cop, and she's a, uh, not exactly a model citizen."

"Can we stop talking about my love life? Why are you in my hospital room, do I need to call security?" I reached down for the buzzer, but a gun jabbed at my hand before I could grasp it. I froze, and stared at Nicks. "What the hell do you want?" 

"You don't need to call security, but you do need to call Natalie. Right now."

He pushed a cell phone into my hand. Hesitantly, I dialed her number. She picked up after two rings.

KENS: Hey. Just finished with Nicks. 

ME: Um, Natalie you have a visitor here. 

KENS: What are you talking about? Deeks, who's there?

ME: Just get over here, okay. 

I quickly hung up, went into the call history, and deleted her number before Nicks could grab the phone back.

"Oh so you're smart, huh? We'll see how smart you are when Natalie gets here." Nicks glared at me.

"So why do you need me? I'm just the ex-boyfriend, nothing else. I'm not even in LAPD anymore." I blurted out.

Nicks didn't reply. He just fiddled around with the phone, and kept glancing nervously at the door.

*^*

I was drifting off to sleep due to my pain medication waves when I heard some yelling at the door. I straightened up a little bit and saw Kensi struggling to push through the wall of bodyguards. 

"Let me in there." I warned, her patience growing thin.

"Listen to the lady, boys." Nicks called out. They immediatly shifted to the sides, and Kensi strode in.

"What the hell are you doing here?" She said, placing her hands on her slender hips.

"I just wanted some reassurance that you won't go against me in this partnership."

"Reassurance? So you're holding my ex captive because you are scared I'm gonna run off with your little black book?"

"Technically I can't leave this bed, so I've been captive." I muttered. Kensi rolled her eyes at me.