Chapter 22- Infected

*Deeks' POV*

I stared at the broken vile. How long have we been in this room? 2 minutes? Could we already be infected? All these questions haunted my mind as Kensi frantically pulled out her phone and dialed into Ops.

"Hello? Eric? Get Hetty and Gibbs on the phone." She clicked it onto speaker.

"Hello? Ms. Blye what's the matter?"

"Hetty, we got into the room and found a vile. It was broken and sitting in front of the air conditioner, which is on full blast."

"Oh bugger. Are all four of you together?"

"Yes."

"Okay. I'll have a CDC unit out there as soon as possible to help. Hang in there." She sighed.

"Thanks, Hetty. I'm really sorry."

"Oh it's not your fault. You could have never known that there was a broken vile of anthrax in there. Goodbye, try to relax."

Kensi hung up the phone and ran her fingers through her hair.

"Hey, they're gonna get help and we're gonna be okay! I'll turn off the A/C so it doesn't keep blowing around." I said, trying to be optimistic. Holding my breath, I walked over to the window unit and pressed the off button.

We all sat down on the spare bed while waiting.

"Any last words before we all die?" DiNozzo smirked.

"We are not going to die. They will bring medicine and we will be okay." Ziva glared at him.

"It was a joke." 

An awkward silence fell over us. I looked down at my phone and saw texts coming in from Callen.

How do you feel? Is anyone coughing or look sick? -G

Not yet. Where is that CDC unit? -K

Ten minutes out. Hang in there -G

"CDC is ten minutes out." I told everyone, breaking the silence.

Not knowing what to do or say in this situation, we all basically sat in a circle of silence until there was a knock on the door.

"CDC!" Yelled somone from the other side.

I opened the door and three people in large orange protective suits filed in. One went to go examine the white powder, and two came over to see us.

"How do you feel?'' They asked. All of us gave a similar answer-- "Okay, a little tired, but not much past that."

The suited man checking out the A/C turned to the other two and nodded his head slowly. I saw the man inside the suit's face tense darastically. 

"We need to get you four to a hospital immedially."

Without arguments, we were escorted outside to get sprayed down.

That's when the symptoms began to show.

It all started when Kensi began to cough into her sleeve. It was soft and controlled at first, but minutes later her whoops became more violent. I'm pretty sure I saw a little bit of blood too.

Tony was the next to go. He almost collapsed from the force of his coughing. 

Ziva didn't show many symptoms of sickness except for a cough here and there.