Chapter 11- Undercover

*Deeks' POV*

"Here we are, Honey. Time to start our lives together." I said as we walked through the doors of our undercover home.

It was a medium sized one and a half story, with three bedrooms and two baths.

"Wow!'' Kensi marveled, looking around. Suddenly, I could see someone approaching the house in the reflection from the door window. I quickly slipped my hand around Kensi's waist. "What are you-" she started to say.

"Why hello neighbors!" An obnoxious voice from behind us shouted. We turned around to see a short, red haired woman standing at our doorstep with a large plate of chocolate chip cookies.

"Hi!" Kensi popped into character. She walked down the step to reach out and shake her hand. "I'm Josie Herd, and this is my husband Matthew."

"My name is Emily Drexel. I live just across the street!" She pointed towards a similar house from ours. Then Emily handed Kensi the plate. "These are just a 'Welcome to the Neighborhood' gift! I'm president of the Homeowners Association for this development. I have a cake in the oven, so I'm gonna have to bounce."

And with a small wave she scurried back across the street.

"You can take your hand back now." Kensi growled. I removed my hand from her tiny waist. She pushed past me back into the house.

"Godamnnit Josie, three hours into this marriage and I'm already getting denied my rights as a husband." I yelled to her.

She peeked her head out the door leading to the master bedroom.

"Will you quit yapping and help me unpack this stuff?"

I walked into the large room to see a mountain of boxes.

Five hours later, our home was unpacked. Empty boxes took up a whole room, and random furniture and decorative items were scattered everywhere. The only fully put together room was the master bedroom and bathroom. Kensi jumped onto the soft bed.

"That was exhausting." She groaned.

"They really couldn't help even a little?" I said referring to the movers/agents that dropped off the boxes yesterday.

"Apparently not. I'm hungry. Where are Emily's cookies?"

"Kitchen counter."

She jumped up and went off to find the kitchen.

*Kensi's POV*

I found the delicious looking cookies in the kitchen. They were heavenly.

I jumped up and sat on the counter with the plate next to me. A text message from Sam came on my phone.

'Heard you moved in. Gonna miss you guys living next door. Maybe we could get together for lunch sometime. -S'

"Cheating on me already I see." Deeks appeared at the kitchen door.

"Sam texted me." I rolled my eyes at him.

"Oh so this 'Sam' character thinks he can just take my wife from under my nose? I will show him." Deeks jabbed his fist in the air.

I stuffed another cookie into my mouth.

Deeks looked at me with an amused smile across his smug face. I immediately became slightly self conscious and vulnerable in my short running shorts and tank top.

He stepped closer, and reached across my body to grab a cookie. His hand brushed my bare thigh.

I gave him one of my danger glares. Obviously having fun with this, he stepped in front of me, and wrapped his hands around my waist. His lower abdomen was pressed up against my calves.