49: Getting Serious

Shawn took Larielle out and gave her a gun just like he had done with Abrielle. "Is this the first gun you've ever held, Larielle?"

"Yes," she told him, nodding.

"You don't wear glasses, do you?"

Fucking with Bri, he thought it best to ask Lari so if she missed her targets, he would understand and try not to be frustrated. "No, perfect vision," she told him.

"Okay. Now, every time you pull the trigger, I want you to pull it like you mean it," he told her. She nodded. "There's your first target," he told her, motioning to the target dummy ten feet out.

She held the gun, aiming it and pulled the trigger like she meant it. Unlike Bri, she didn't jump, and she hit the center of the heart perfectly. She continued until she hit the bull's eye of every circle.

"The clip is empty," she told Shawn as he stood there watching her in astonishment.

"Yea, Lari, I'm quite sure it is," he told her going to look at the target. "You know you hit all the bull's eyes?"

"I meant to," she informed him. "I'm going to kill that bitch," she told him. He was almost surprised. "I thought she was coming to bury the hatchet. But that's okay. Because I'll bury it. Right in her back. My daughter was innocent."

Shawn didn't say anything. He didn't know if Larielle was capable of that. It could have just been the anger talking. But Trina would get hers either way. And if Larielle wanted to be the one to do it, then he was going to sit back and watch her do it. She deserved that.

Unlike Abrielle when Shawn was training her, Larielle had motivation to learn what he was going to teach her.

"Alright, I'm going to move and let you do the next one."

He took the destroyed dummy and let her go ahead and do the next, and again, she hit every single target. When she started on the thirty foot dummy, she missed only three of the bull's eyes, but still hit the targets.

Shawn was quite impressed. But he figured that Larielle was serious that she was going to kill Trina.

When he had started having her workout, she didn't complain the way Abrielle did. She was in better shape. He just pushed her a little harder than she had pushed herself. She ran her five miles and took a few breaths and a drink of water when she was done. She did her sit ups, pull ups, push ups, chin ups, lifting without a single complaint. When Shawn saw her sweat, it was the sweat of determination.

"We're going to start with other weapons tomorrow," Shawn told Larielle. She nodded.

"Is it really possible to kill someone with your bare hands?" she wondered.

"You have to hit them in certain places. But yes."

"Show me."

"What?"

"Show me. She came to my house and set me up. I was raped and then I was made to miscarry. I want to kill her with my bare hands."

"Larielle, do you know how it feels to be a murderer?"

"I'll find out," she told him, her eyes cold. She was serious. "I could be twenty-four weeks today if that bitch hadn't come to my house. I could be feeling my daughter move. I could be setting up her nursery and making her clothes. But I'm not because I'm on this secluded ass island after having my baby beat out of me."

Shawn was quiet. Larielle had her point. She could have been enjoying all the joys and frustrations of being twenty-four weeks pregnant. Instead, she was still mourning the loss of her baby girl. He would teach her whatever she needed to know.