43: To the Grave

Larielle touched her flat stomach in her white gown. She had a lot of family, and Evan insisted she have a wedding if it was what she wanted. They would just keep security tight. He wanted her to have everything her heart desired. And if she wanted to show their family and friends their union, then he wanted it, too.

She imagined how it would feel to have her child nudging her from the inside, letting her know he or she was there. She hoped against hope for a little girl with Evan's eyes and her hair. She already had the perfect name picked out for a baby girl. Of course, she was prepared to have a boy, too. But she hoped for a girl.

She smiled a little to herself, thinking about watching Evan hold their baby. Seeing the look of pride and love in his face. She was the one who could give him that. And she wanted to have his children. Now was just as good a time as any. At least at this age, she wouldn't be old when her children became adults. She was fortunate to have children at all, but especially with Evan. He was so good to her, and they could take care of a baby just fine.

"Mami, I'm going to be a madre," she whispered, smiling as she held her flat stomach. "I'm going to have a baby with an amazing man. And we're going to be parents together. I'm blessed enough to be able to give him the most precious thing this life and our love has to offer. And... I'm so happy, Mami."

CoCo smiled, fixing the tiara in Larielle's hair. She had it braided across in the front and down and curly in the back.

Her gown was a spotless white with beads up the sides, going across her torso and up her bust. The gown was sleeveless and pushed her already perky breasts higher. She was a sexy ass bride. Underneath her floor length gown were five inch heels. Worn so that Evan wouldn't have to bend down so much.

Evan had insisted on the dress being white. Larielle was originally going to have it be cream because she wasn't pure. But Evan had told her she was the purest thing he knew. Tonight, she would be his virgin.

Most of the attendees were her family and his friends. Everyone said they were getting married because she was pregnant. She didn't care. She was pregnant, true. But they were getting married because they were in love.

"You should be happy, mija. Your daddy would've been so happy to see you with Evan. I can see how he cares for you. And you better get on your knees and thank Dios that He sent that boy your way. You will rarely find a young man that willing to be so completely with you. Especially after finding out a girl is pregnant. Most run the other way. And I've only seen him gravitate more to you."

"I think he did it on purpose," she told her mother truthfully.

"Why would you think something like that, niña?"

"Because he talked about children obsessively until I threw a pregnancy test at his head."

"I doubt he did it on purpose, Larielle. He seems like he has things he wants to do. And you both can still do them. But it's not going to be easy. I gave up working when I realized that you are a full time occupation. We're just fortunate your father had the salary for that."

Lari smiled a little bit. She felt her flat stomach, contemplating that. Raising a child was a full-time occupation. But plenty of women worked and raised a family. And maybe she could be one. And if not, the kid would be in school in about five years, and she could wait until then to launch her boutique. She would be fine.

There was a knock on the door, and Francis came in. He smiled at his niece. "You look beautiful," he told her and came to kiss her forehead.

"Thank you."

"Your father would be so proud to see you right now, Larielle. You've become such a beautiful, outstanding young lady," he told her, his voice thick with emotion. She fanned her face, because she knew she was going to start crying.