9: No Nonsense

Shawn made sure that he woke Abrielle up extra early. Before the sun early. And he made her put on sweats and sneakers.

"I should have done this in Colombia," he admitted, leading her into the closet, standing in front of her wardrobe in a wall.

At least, she had thought it was a wall. He looked over at her, regarding her seriously for a moment. "Watch me carefully, Abrielle," he told her.

She nodded and followed his fingers as they glided in a pattern and the wall opened up. It startled her a little bit. In her average life, panic rooms weren't a necessity. No one wanted to harm her. She was beginning to realize how dangerous it was to be in contact with this man. But she no longer wanted out.

"Did you get it?" he asked.

"I think so."

"We'll see did you pick it up."

He went inside and left her outside, closing the door. She tried the pattern unsuccessfully two times before she got in.

Shawn felt like he had failed her when he left her alone in Colombia. So if it came to him having to leave her alone here, he needed her to be better prepared. And in order for that to happen, he had to be the one to prepare her. He needed a soldier. He knew she was weak when he found her just because of all the crying. Well, that was ending today!

Shawn showed her the code to close the door back. He showed her everything in the small room and then led her to a hall. The first room was small with security cameras in every room, able to turn on in a moment's notice and survey everything from the gates on to the pool.

It was a whole underground system, stocked with enough emergency supplies to last two years. There were three bathrooms, showers and toilets in each one. There was even a little kitchenette. If anything happened, they could camp out in here and make it feel as normal as was possible under the circumstance.

He made her learn every wall that had an opening. So if anything were ever to pop off, she knew how to get to safety from wherever she was in the house. The code to every single wall was different and he made sure she learned them.

"Memorize each code for every entrance," he told her seriously. "Learn how to get into them all."

She nodded her head, following him outside. He smiled at her and pressed a lawnchair a certain way, making it lift like a cellar door. She was amazed to see the panic room entrance from the backyard.

"I had a lot of time to think about this," he admitted. "I knew I wanted a kid awhile ago. But I hadn't found someone that I would trust enough to carry an heir for me. And then you... Well, I think it's more than wanting an heir now," he told her, pulling her closer to his hard body, kissing her.

Afterwards, Shawn let her eat. She made wheat toast with peanut butter, eggs, and had an apple. He allowed her to rest for a couple hours after breakfast, and she decided to read a book. When that rest time was up, he took her outside in the boiling humidity.

She knew that he was about to put her through an obstacle course. Probably much more strict than the one in Colombia, considering what had happened. She was mentally preparing herself.

They got to doing stretches, and Abrielle looked around at all the wooded area. She just knew Shawn was about to have a field day.

"Am I about to die?" she wondered, taking a final look around.

"No, darling. But you might want to."

She groaned. He slapped her across the ass. "We going running, lul mama. Come on."