45: Bonded

Evan was doing his internship with Hector. The two weren't just the closest, and Evan wasn't all excited to meet his father. He didn't want anything to do with Hector as his son. But he was still interested in working with him.

Evan was civil. He couldn't be bothered with his father being his father after eighteen years. All he really cared about was that Larielle had gotten him the opportunity to do what he wanted.

During lunch, Evan went to check on a twelve week pregnant Larielle. She was at home with her mother, and CoCo had lunch on the table by the time Evan showed up. She was leaving the house to go and see Francis.

Larielle had accepted the pregnancy for what it was and had even started thinking of names and that she wanted a girl.

Evan didn't care either way as long as the baby was born healthy. He was just happy Larielle had taken up a positive attitude about the whole thing.

"Hey, baby," he greeted, leaning down to kiss her. She was sitting at the kitchen table eating. The past week, she was always hungry. She wanted to devour everything in sight.

"I thought about making you a plate. And then I did," she told him, grinning, seemingly impressed by herself for this feat. Evan just felt like there was something else in this story. Something like she had eaten his food.

"Why do I feel a but somewhere in here?"

"Buuuuut... I ate it."

"Yep. Figured."

She smiled and got up. "I'll make you another plate."

"Thank you," he said and moved to kiss her again.

She got up and started on making Evan a plate. And he watched her. She was beginning to show just a little bit, but he wasn't complaining. He liked seeing her with that round belly.

She came to the table and gave him the plate, sitting in his lap, kissing his lips. "I cooked for you," she told him proudly.

"You cooked?"

"Yep."

"Not CoCo?"

"Not CoCo. RiRi." She smiled.

He chuckled and put his arms around her, kissing her. She held onto him while his warm hand rested on her ass. But then she pulled away.

"You should eat. I made you lunch."

"I know, baby. And it smell so good," he assured her. She smiled, stroking his face before getting up to let him eat.

She watched him as if he'd never had her cooking. She just wanted to make sure he liked it. But he wasn't complaining. And that was a good sign to her.

"Is it good?" she asked skeptically. It was a new recipe neither she nor CoCo had ever tried.

"It's great, baby," he assured her, kissing her and brushing her hair back with his hand.

As if in reassurance, Evan had two more bowls of the hamburger rice dish. He didn't bother asking what was in it.

"You wanna go to the park?" he asked. "A few of my friends wanna play a game today. Be my cheerleader?"

She smiled, her arms around him. He tapped her leg and she got up, putting the food away. She followed Evan out to his car, and they made their way to the office first.

"Hector wonna see you," Evan explained.

"Oh. Okay."

They went up to Hector's office, and she smiled when she peeked inside. "Hey, Uncle Hector. wassup?" she wondered, stepping inside.