12: Power Trip

Shawn got to the warehouse, irritated as all everything. When he arrived, Khadija was sitting in his office sucking a blow pop in her thick lips.

She was a pretty woman with her deep chocolate skin and full brown lips covering two rows of perfect white teeth. She had titties for days and ass for weeks. She wore her long hair down and straightened.

She smiled at Shawn as he came in. "Why the fuck you got a grin on your face?" he asked, about ready to slap her. He didn't see nothing to smile about.

Khadija was the woman that he technically lost his virginity to. That is, the first time he had consensual sex. She hadn't been much in the department of experience either, and he liked that about her. She was the first and only girl he'd kissed below the waist before Abrielle.

"I'm just happy to see you, daddy," she purred, getting up, sauntering over to him, wrapping her arms around him. "How long has it been? Three, maybe four months?"

Shawn and Khadija had had something of a relationship. Nothing by way of commitment. But as long as he was in town, she was his only partner. She probably would have been the one he asked to give him an heir if he hadn't fallen in love with his wife. The women would have been sharing the house and each fulfilling her specific purpose. Evan would have been allowed to have Abrielle. But it didn't work out that way.

"What's got you so distracted?" she wondered, pouting, stroking his chest.

"Khadija, I'm not worried about you right now. You called and told me that my shit is being fucked with. Sorry if fucking you is not at the top of my priority list."

Khadija sat back in his desk chair and released a neglected sigh.

"Someone tried to break into the loft. Whoever it was, Drew scared them off. But he said they was speaking Spanish."

Shawn closed his eyes and counted down from ten, clenching and unclenching his fist.

"Someone try to break into somewhere that I lay my head, and instead of being shot, they're scared off like a harmless fucking pigeon? Khadija, if you holding something back from me, you better get to talking."

"Lokie-"

Shawn pulled his gun and she heard it cock. Her eyes widened in shock and fear as he held it up. Aimed right between her eyes.

"I'll waste you and not think twice about it. Talk, bitch."

She swallowed hard and got to singing like a canary.

"Well, that one chick, Creme, she had stole like a key of blow. And she was high as a kite when Tate found her, but he couldn't find what all she ain't used."

"And," he said gruffly for her to continue, turning the chamber. He wasn't fucking around right now. It had taken him two hours to reach the city from his home, and he hadn't come in a game playing mood.

"He shot her."

Shawn got irritated. "Is she dead?"

Khadija's heart beat hard as she shook her head no.

"Good. Because that bitch will be if I don't get my money. Go on."

Khadija was shaking now, trying to remember everything she had to tell him. She had just been so happy to see him that she let that get ahead of what she knew was important to him.

"Someone called speaking Spanish. I don't know what they said, but I wrote it out the best I could."

She gave Shawn the paper and he put it in his pocket. He would have Bri read it.