47: And Guts

Trina was on the phone with her brother. "So y'all still haven't found him?" she asked, getting frustrated.

"No," Daryl told her, just as frustrated.

Trina blew out a breath, blowing her hair. "That's alright. He'll be here soon enough. I got Larielle for Pablo."

"Did you?" Daryl sounded skeptical.

"Yeah. He took her to that house. The secluded one. It was too easy. I called the house, and she answered. Then she came to the door and actually opened it. Pablo was standing off to the side and he put a chloroform rag over her mouth. I'm going to go there later today. It's not going to be long before one of those fuckers come for her. And if we get one, then we got the other," she told him.

"Alright. I'm going to try and see what I can get out of Khadija," he told her.

Trina rolled her eyes lighting a cigarette. "You know that bitch is lying to you, right?" she asked, inhaling on the cigarette.

"No she isn't. Why would she do that? She's in love with me."

"No, dumbass. She's in love with that fucker that killed my brother. She's just fucking you."

Daryl released a growl of frustration towards his sister. "He was both of our brother. And she's not in love with him. She has no fucking reason to be in love with him."

"You are so fucking counter-pro-fucking-ductive to my fucking mission," she told him.

"You don't have to swear so much."

"It's the only fucking way to speak to your retarded ass. She's not fucking in love with you, you fucking retard," she said slowly, hoping that the message would sink into his brain. "Kill the bitch. She's of no fucking use to us."

"No."

"Oh my God... Daryl... Do you love that bitch?" she asked.

Trina wasn't one to fall in love with the women she fucked. She had a steady rotation, and all of them knew she wasn't cuffing and she didn't love them. When her cousin told her that he loved Larielle, she thought he was stupid. But at least he hadn't taken her from the enemy and fell in love. When Daryl was in love with Bri, at least she was pure. But Khadija? Please. The bitch was still in love with Lokie and her brother was an idiot not to see that shit.

"What if I do, Katrina?"

"You're stupid and you're hopeless, and you are both in my way. I'm going to kill that bitch."

"No you're not," he argued. Trina laughed and hung up.

That boy was retarded if he thought she wasn't going to kill that bitch. Right before she killed Lokie.

She got up and went to the kitchen, finding herself a flask of Mexican tequila before she picked up her keys and started out the door.

When she got in the car, she called Pablo on the speaker system. The phone went to voicemail. She waited patiently for a mile thinking he must be doing something. But after three miles, she called back. What could he possibly be doing?

The phone continued going to voicemail before she got annoyed and frustrated. "Got dammit, Pablo. What the fuck?" she complained.

She continued trying to reach him. Even if he was fucking Larielle, it shouldn't have taken him this long to answer the phone.

When she arrived at the house, immediately something felt off to her. She began walking slowly, the click of her heels loud to her own ears. The side door was wide open and no animals were scurrying around anywhere near.

She put her hand on her gun as she entered the house, leaving her back close to the wall. Something wasn't right.

She walked up the two steps into the kitchen and saw nothing out of the ordinary. A few uneaten burgers here or there and the pan of lasagna Pablo's mom had made him take.

Entering the hall, she saw the first drop of blood. Not realizing the blood had come from Larielle, she began to breathe deeper. "¿Pablo? ¿Oy, primo?"

She walked deeper into the house, and she saw her cousin on the floor being eaten by coyotes.

"Ay mis Dios!" she screamed, backing up.

A coyote lunged for her, and she shot it, shooting the other two before she rushed over to Pablo's corpse. "Pablo," she sobbed.

There was blood everywhere in the room. "I'm going to fucking kill that bitch," she said aloud. "And everything she holds near."

Trina sat there with her cousin's corpse, crying, rocking back and forth. The coyotes had already eaten the bits of his penis and half his face. His heart was half eaten and a good portion of his other innards.

Trina sat there for an hour until another pack of coyotes came in and she had to shoot those as well. She closed the door, unwilling to let any more wild animals have a bite of her dead cousin.

She sat in her car, breaking down. That was her cousin. Her closest cousin. And when she got her hands on Larielle, she was going to kill that bitch herself.

She called Daryl. "Pablo is dead," she told him in a raspy voice.

"What do you mean he's dead?"

"What the fuck does anyone fucking mean by someone is dead!" Trina screamed in frustration. "When I get my hands on that Larielle... That bitch is as good as fucking dead," she told her brother.

Daryl was speechless. He didn't know what to say. He was still in shock and couldn't possibly believe that his cousin was dead.

"We need to lay low awhile," he suggested.

"Fuck laying low. They've taken our brother and our cousin now. This shit is personal, and I will not rest until I have a head above my mantlepiece."

"I'm with you, Trina. But we need-"

"No, Daryl. I don't care. You're in my way, cavorting with that lovesprung bitch. I keep telling you she's lying to you. Did you tell her where Pablo was?"

"No!" Daryl said hotly.

Trina said nothing, just crying into her steering wheel. "What are we going to tell Tía?"

"I don't know," Daryl told her truthfully.

Trina hit the steering wheel angrily, and it made a loud beeping noise. "They left the door open and fucking coyotes were eating my cousin like roadkill."

"Then we'll tell her the coyotes killed him. She at least deserves to think of her son like that when she buries him," Daryl reasoned softly.

"I can't deal with this," Trina said, hanging up the phone.

She started the engine, starting back towards town. Her cousin was being eaten like an animal in the woods. And when she got ahold of Larielle, that bitch would pay.