28. Saving The Day

Damon's POV:

I was completely dumbfounded by my brother's uselessness. He came back from searching for Elena, and sat down on the couch. And even grabbed a drink of bourbon.

I threw my hands up and shouted at him. "Stefan? Hello? Where's Elena and Grace?"

Klaus sat across the room, half-amused, half-angry.

And no one wanted Klaus angry. Not only could he smash us, but he could smash this house.

Stefan stared across at me, in a daze. "The witches set me up."

I rolled my eyes and Klaus simply stood up with a smirk. "Well who would've seen that coming."

The original had a point. We were dumb to trust them. I frowned.

"So I knocked out Tyler for nothing."

Stefan slowly nodded, and I grinned. The Lockwood boy annoyed me, a lot. He always though he was right, when most of the time he was out of his freaking mind. My brother's face turned to a scowl.

"How can you be so happy? We failed. Elena is being drained of her blood at this very moment."

Klaus laughed. "Well, unlike your family, me and my brother actually had a plan. Kol went to get Grace, he's probably saving both of them at this very moment."

His accent rang out as he strolled towards the door. Stefan's face relaxed and he turned towards the Mikaelson.

"Where are you going?"

I smirked again. "He's going home to marvel in his success and settle down so when Grace gets home she can run into his arms, and thank him for saving her even though he had no part in it."

Klaus stopped and turned to glare at me. "I assure you, I had the idea in the first place."

He then left the house, slamming the door behind him.

And now here I was an hour later, still sitting drinking bourbon, but now at The Grill, with Allaric. I still felt helpless, and Stefan was still brooding at home writing in his vamp diary.

Kol had supposedly gone and saved them, but I didn't receive any news from him or his brother, and this worried me.

Gulping down my twelfth glass of alcohol, Allaric turned to me with a grimace.

"Maybe we should take matters into our own hands."

I looked at him in disbelief. "What? I don't think the original family would be pleased with that."

He grinned. "I'm not vampire, I don't have to be invited inside anywhere. And since when did you care what that family thought?"

It sunk in what Rick had just said, and I grimaced. What was happening to me, I was becoming a wimp. I pushed back my glass further onto the bar and jumped up.

"You know what. You're right."

He looked at me in bewilderment, before smirking proudly. I grabbed my jacket from the back of my chair and started strutting towards the door.

"Come on vamp hunter. Let's go."

####

Grace's POV:

As Bonnie started conjuring her stupid spell of original-linking, Kol just smirked at me arrogantly.

"She'll never go ahead with it. The guilt of killing Caroline will stop her."

Bonnie's eyes flickered and her hands drew up higher in the air. "I can hear you."

I snickered at Kol's bewildered face, then leaned back further in my chair, trying to see Elena in the other room. If I leaned back far enough I could just see her pale figure, whimpering from the armchair.

I sighed and leaned forward again as Kol grabbed my hand. I turned to him with a smile, and he smiled back at me lovingly. My heart fluttered as I looked into his deep brown eyes. If there were no restraints holding us back I would've pashed him right there and then.

"Grace." He started uneasily. "If this is the last moment we spend together, I just want you to know something. You are the most beautiful girl I have ever met. Your laugh makes me laugh, and when you are happy I can't help but smile. You are the love of my life and I have never felt this way about anyone. I'm sorry for any wrongs I have done by you."

I smiled back at him cheerily. "Aw Kol. You've never done anything wrong. I've never felt this way about anyone either."

I gave his hand a reassuring squeeze and had just opened my mouth to give him an equally as romantic speech, when the door to the room smashed open, and all the wooden shards rained down on us.

Me and Kol squinted through the dust to make out four figures, and Bonnie stopped her chanting and slowly opened her eyes.

"It is done. The link is complete."

####

Klaus's POV:

I pulled up to the abandoned street where the hostage house was and smiled an evil grin. This was going to be fun. A slammed the car door and started strolling up the footpath, and I could see another man's figure ahead of me, walking in the same direction.

I started to speed up, determined to beat him to the destination, and he heard my footsteps and sped up as well.

I growled, and started jogging, my dock martins padding against the broken glass that littered the ground. The man turned around and I spotted that very familiar face. The light brown hair, the brooding frown, and the dark brown puppy dog eyes.

Stefan Salvatore. I grinned at him. We were great friends back in the day, and I still felt like his brother. Unfortunately he didn't feel the same way. As he saw me approach he simply turned around and kept on walking. I yelled out to the Salvatore.

"Hello mate. Here to save Elena? I'm just here to collect Grace. What a coincidence."

We had just reached the house, and he waited for me to catch up to him as we strolled down the driveway.

"You know we won't be invited in, right?"

I chuckled as we stepped up onto the porch. "My brother seemed to get in fine."

I leaned forward and knocked on the door loudly. In a split second, a dark-haired lady had answered the door. She frowned at the two of us, and I smiled back.

"Oh hello. I've heard my brother and Grace have been staying here for a short while? We're here to collect them."

The witch just glared and started to close the door, before I attempted to step into the house, resulting in being blocked by that invisible force. I huffed.

"She claimed the house."

Stefan nodded with an amused smirk. The witch firmly shut the door, and I sighed. Then, something shoved me and the Salvatore aside, and I thumped backwards onto the porch.

Groaning, I peered up into the face of Damon Salvatore. He smirked and offered me a hand up, which I ignored and jumped up with my own strength.

Stefan grinned at his brother, and we all turned to see Allaric in the door of the house. He smiled.

"You are all invited in."

I pushed forward and into the house with a huff, and saw the witch disappear into the other room. So that's where Grace was.

Damon laughed. "Hello gentleman, let's kick some ass."

He seemed to have a flame thrower in his hand and I couldn't help but smirk as the two brothers busted down the solid wooden door.

####

Kol's POV:

Grace's eyes were wide and I just smirked and stifled a laugh as the fog cleared and the four men appeared. Stefan, Allaric, Damon, Klaus.

The witch desperately used her witchy voodoo on them, which made Damon and Stefan crumple, but Klaus just stroll over and snapped her neck. I laughed at my brother, and he just turned to me and Grace and grinned. Bonnie sat back against the couch, whimpering in defeat. My brother glared at her.

"We'll deal with you soon."

The Salvatore brothers fired up. "Where's Elena." Damon shot at us.

Grace jerked her head over towards the other room, and the brothers zipped away. Allaric and Klaus stayed to untie the two of us. I thanked Allaric before pulling myself up and studying the mess made around the room.

Klaus came over to stand next to me and Grace with concern in his eyes. "Are you okay?"

She turned and gave him a hug. It was nice he actually cared for once. She then pulled back and smiled at the hybrid.

"I'm all good Klaus. Now, lets get out of here."

I grabbed her hand on the way walking to the door and she gave me a reassuring squeeze. Elena was now being carried along by Stefan, and Damon followed with his flame thrower over his shoulder.

He made a face at me. "What are we waiting for. Let's get out of this hellhole."

---------------------------------------------

Okay that was a pretty simple chapter, but the originals are still linked together :o gasp.

Yeah I don't know where this story is heading either so here are some ideas to vote on:

(a) They manage to get Bonnie to un-link them, and she dies from all the power

(b) Someone has Grace's family held hostage

(c) Elijah comes forward and admits his feelings for Grace, forming a fight between 3 Mikaelsons

(d) The Mikaelsons throw a christmas time ball

(e) Grace decides she needs a break from the Mikaelsons, tells Kol it's over and walks away.. for the moment

LOL they're pretty gay ideas, but anyway I hope you liked this lameass chapter, and ily all xx

VOTE for more chapters COMMENT your feedback FOLLOW me on this and tumblr:

1. delena-klaroline101
2. roll3r-skatinq

-OH AND EVERYONE READ 'SUPRISES- TVD FANFIC' BY TEALEAVES, IT IS REALLY GOOD