11. Poison

I woke up with a pounding headache and sore all over. I was at home, Damon and Kol had obviously brung me home to my mum, as she was now sitting beside my bed, reading a book.

I reached out too her.

"Muuum? How long have I been sleeping? What happened?"

She closed her book and rushed over with a loving smile.

"You've been sleeping for about 18 hours, Damon and Kol brang you back here at 4, saying you passed out at the carnival. It's 10 now, and you've missed school, it's too late, but I just want you to be okay." She rubbed my hand.

I sat up. "So, you know Kol? Do they know what happened to me? But I want to go to school!"

She looked at me in disbelief. "No way! You passed out for no apparent reason, for 18 hours Grace. They don't know, but I think the heat just got to you. Kol? Oh yes he's a very nice boy, Damon's friend right?"

I laughed on the inside at that last comment. "Riiiight.. Damon's friend. Ugh fine. I guess I'll just lounge around and watch gossip girl all day."

She smiled and nodded. "Good idea sweetheart. Now I know you're awake and healthy, I can go to work, call me if you need anything."

"Sure will." I flicked on my TV set.

"Bye Mum."

She walked down the stairs, and a few minutes later I heard her car leave the driveway.

I settled into my blankets, snuggling up, watching Chuck and Blair fight again. What is with these two, god.

I heard a scuffle from my window.

"I thought she'd never leave love."

I smiled as Kol hopped through the window, coming over to lay on the bed next to me.

"Did you hear her comment about you and Damon being friends?" I smirked.

"Yes." He rolled his eyes. "But at least I'm a 'nice boy'. Are you alright? Damon sort of took some of your blood, while you passed out, so he could find out what was wrong with you..."

I raised my eyebrows. "Lucky I was unconscious, I hate needles, I probably would've kicked him in the face."

Kol grinned. "Well that would've been a nice sight. But anyway, he got the result.. it seems as though someone poisoned your drink .. with the intention to kill. Luckily, I gave you some of my blood to heal your insides, before any lasting damage happened."

I gasped. "But- but who would do that? And why, what if I die now and I'll be a vampire? Oh Kol this is all so horrible aaah."

I snuggled into his chest in despair. I couldn't stop thinking about his last words to me yesterday.

So much meaning in a few short sentences. But I got the feeling this wasn't the time to bring it up, what, with my life in danger and all.

He sighed and looked at me, brushing my hair. "It'll be fineee, don't worry love."

He looked back up at the TV. The Mikaelson frowned and cocked his head to one side.

"What the hell is this? Who's this gay guy in the suit?"

I sprang up. "Chuck is not gay! It's gossipgirl, my favourite show, and you better start showing some appreciation for it!"

He laughed and looked down at me once again.

"I don't think I want to." He leaned in and gave me a long tender kiss. I blushed, imagining what my hair looked like right now. Maybe I should excuse myself.