25. Kidnappings and Escape Plans

Grace's POV:

I woke up, to the vibrations of a car lulling me to rest. I was extremely tired, and by the looks of out the windows, it was pretty late at night.

Turning over to Dad, I tapped his shoulder, making him turn to me with a grim smile.

"D-ad where are we going?" I stuttered out sleepily.

"Home darling."

He turned back to the steering wheel, and I flipped around to face out the window again, extremely confused. Why were we going home now? Was this just a coincidence about Kol being captured? I wasn't going to push him on the subject though, in case he changed his mind.

The lights from his Ferrari were beaming way ahead across the vacant highway, and I snuggled into my jersey, struggling to get comfortable.

Looking out the front window again, a figure appeared in front of the car. A woman. A witch. I screamed out to Dad, but it was too late.

He sharply swerved the vechile, narrowly avoiding the woman, and rolling us over off the road, and into a ditch. I blacked out.

Kol's POV:

The pain from the ropes were the least of my worries compared to the torture they had been feeding me. The mind games were the worst. I couldn't control anything, and my vampire muscle couldn't account for any mental torture.

The night and day had been extremely boring, and painful. The witches who I learnt to be named Stella, Frieda and Ariana, showed no mercy. Ariana watched sadly as she tortured me, but followed the instructions from Stella, who I assumed to be the oldest and most powerful in the pack.

As I lay there trying to sleep, I thought of everyone back in Mystic Falls, and what they meant to me.

My siblings. Rebekah, my only sister, who I loved so much, but could be a real pain in the neck sometimes. Elijah, who was always so noble, and always so right, that I got irritated easily with. Klaus. The brother who was the most powerful, yet the most angry. He blew his top over all the little things, and I knew how close I was to being daggered by him again.

And Grace. The love of my life. The girl who I had put through so much. Vampirism, loss of humanity, being tortured by the doppleganger of Elena.

Somehow, our infinity together will make up for all the bad things I have done to dissapoint or mislead her. And if they don't, we have more than forever.

I looked up to see just Ariana sitting in a chair opposite me, glaring at the floor. She looked deep in thought, but I decided to start a conversation.

"So where are your sisters? Or, friends?"

She coughed awkwardly, then looked up out of her trance. "They had, things to do."

I clenched my fists. If they were hurting her Grace, I would drain all their blood while hacking them up into millions of pieces. "What things."

She wouldn't meet my eye. "Just errands."

I sighed and leaned back into my chair, thinking up a plan. Nothing came to mind, and I was sure that soon enough someone would figure out where I was. But then I had a thought.

Leaning back, I rolled my head around, as if irritated, and blinked wildly. The witch looked over in puzzlement, and I smiled sweetly, and put on my cutest accent.

"Ariana love, care to scratch the spot on my cheek for me? It's driving me craaaazy."

At first she just stood there, blank faced. Surely there was nothing wrong with helping with a small scratch, the witches wouldn't know she was helping.