4. The Ball

I would like to dedicate this chapter to Zoe5er for commenting and voting so I know that people like my stories! Thanks for the help! xxxx

---------------------------------------------

Getting ready for the ball was tricky. In the back of mind was the thought that Kol would be there, and I wanted to impress him by looking good. But then another part of me mentally slapped myself for swooning over a man over 1000 years old. Although, he sure was handsome. Oh god. What is happening to me.

I looked through my closet, you could say I wasn't the most girly girl in the world, so whatever number I wear will be something no one has seen before. But I was seriously lacking in the dresses department.

So pushing that problem to the back of my mind I decided to go into the bathroom and style my hair first. After about 10 minutes of fiddling around I decided to straighten it and pull back the front bit and my fringe with a clip. I wasn't hugely into makeup either so I just put on the basics but more mascara than usual. I knew if I started experimenting with eyeliner it would end up in a big mess, so I left that for another day.

As I walked back into my room I saw a package sitting on my bed.

What? This was strange. Feeling silly, I warily walk up to the gift and tap it, as if to make sure it wasn't a bomb or a live animal like you see in the movies.

Nope. Not a bomb. Giving up, I grabbed it and ripped the packaging off. It was a dress.

And not just any dress, one of the most amazing dresses I had ever seen. It was black, strapless, but not too raunchy as it still came down to my knees. A small bow tied around the back, and there were intricate golden patterns woven around the hem.

There was a note attached. It read:

"It would give me great pleasure if you were to wear this to our ball tonight. See you there." In great handwriting, of course. I wouldn't be suprised if it was Caroline or Tyler.

I smiled. I was grateful though. Whoever this was had saved me from that particular dilemma. So I slipped it on and grabbed some heels - not that I enjoyed wearing them because I was already too tall, but these were only small, and I didn't want to be the only girl in flats (as usual).

I hear the honking of a horn outside as I walk towards the front door. Looking out the window I realise it's Tyler.

Oh. That's right, he was picking me up. Grabbing my purse and phone, I quickly rush outside to the car and grin at him. He looks me up and down in shock, making me frown.

"What? Is something wrong?"

I hope I didn't look that bad.

He staggered on his words. "Um , I-i ,

Y-you-"

I laugh, enjoying his discomfort.

He sighs. "I was going to say that you look like an actual girl tonight, I'm so used to seeing you in trackies and sweaters."

Oh, great. "Hey thanks Ty."

I slide into his jeep and he starts the ignition with a flick of his hand. "That's just lovely."

####

When we arrive the house is lit up like crazy and there is lots of cars parked outside. Ty parks his jeep around the side of the house and then we walk up and through the open front doors. I don't know what Tyler is feeling, but I'm pretty overwhelmed at this very moment. It's as if every important person to grace this town, was socialising in this large foyer.