18. Finishing Transition

Grace's POV:

The last thing I remembered was getting carried away from Katherine. Being stabbed with the nail file. The terrible pain. The agony.

I was feeling myself gaining consciousness again, but before I opened my eyes and woke up, I listened into the conversation going on around me.

Someone was cradling me in their arms, kissing me on my forehead, as I lay there on the bed. Another 3 people walked into the room.

"She's not awake yet?" Klaus's voice.

The person beside me shook their head, and tightened their grip around my waist.

"Poor Grace." That was Elena. I got a fright when I heard she was in the room. She sounds so much like Katherine.

"Katherine always has a victim, it's just unfortunate it was her." That was Damon. He sighed, and I heard him pacing around the room.

Elena carried on. "If I was in her position, I would be devastated. Being turned into a vampire, having no choice."

He words froze me. A vampire? No choice?

I adruptly sat up, coughing, gasping for breath.

The first thing I saw was Kol, smiling at me, with worried eyes, holding me in his arms. He kissed me on the forehead. "Hello darling."

My eyes widened. I took in the whole room. Klaus smiling, Elena and Damon looking at me in concern. I could smell the Gilbert's blood, pulsing in her veins. The hunger was too much for me. I couldn't hurt her.

Having no other option, I turned around, buried my head into Kol's chest, and cried my eyes out. He stroked my hair as his shirt became increasingly wet.

"It's okay love. Everything's going to be okay."

####

Klaus's POV:

When Grace woke up, she looked more beautiful than ever. Somehow, the transition had triggered my love for her, making me feel more deeply.

But I mentally slapped myself. I shouldn't feel this way. She was my brother's. He was hers. And I loved Caroline.

She looked over at me, her eyes landing on the reassuring smile that filled my face. She then turned to Elena, and I could see what was happening. The thirst for blood was already setting in, and the Gilbert's blood smelled stronger than others.

I was almost certain she would pounce any second, when she simply turned back to Kol, and started bawling. He brushed her hair, looking at me in concern. Maybe the visitors should go.

I led Elena and the Salvatore out of the room, explaining to Damon that Grace was already longing for blood. The fact that Eleana looks like Katherine, just made her even more bloodthirsty.

The girl looked terrified by this, but just nodded, and followed Damon out of the house, and to their car.

I came back inside, back to my brother's bedroom, to see her still crying. He had a helpless expression on his face, I could see he hated her being sad, as did I. Zipping downstairs again, I went to our bloodbag stash, reaching in and grabbing a fresh one.

This would make her less guilty. I ran upstairs again, coming up close to her, and whispered in her ear.

"It's Klaus, love. Elena has gone now."

She turned around, tears streaking down her face, and nodded thankfully. I reached my hand up, revealing the bloodbag.

"To live, to complete the transition. You need to drink this." I whispered.