15. Shock

Grace's POV:

For the rest of the night, I laid in Kol's arms, him wrapped around me, keeping me safe. But I didn't feel safe. I felt scared. I felt terrified. I was terrified of Katherine.

She was well-known to be Damon and Stefan's ex-lover, not caring about anyone except herself. She would do anything to get what she wanted. And it seems what she wanted. Was to get to me.

With Kol's lips pressed against my head all night, all wrapped up and warm, it was nice. I now forgive him for all that he had done to Harry, I see that it had needed to be done.

Klaus had come back after about an hour, and sat across the room again. It was like he was worried about Katherine too. And he was the one chasing her for hundreds of years.

He gave me a small smile as he settled down in the chair. I hadn't been able to sleep for hours, in worry. The silence was deafening, and the room seemed eerily empty.

But when I had both of the brothers watching over me, keeping me safe, I finally gave up on staying awake. I drifted off.

####

The next morning, sadly, was a Wednesday. Smackbang in the middle of the school week. Yay. Kol woke me up, gently nudging my shoulder to remind me not to be late.

I was still dozy and tired, so he just kissed me on the cheek, and fled the house, Klaus zipping behind him. I'm guessing they were going to find Katherine.

I got up and slipped into my uniform, then strolled down the stairs to see my mother cooking breakfast again. It seems she was trying to show off to her man friend, who was sitting at the table when I walked in, and shot me a smile.

I smiled back at him, but couldn't be bothered staying for breakfast, so I grabbed a juice box and strolled towards the door.

"Bye Mum, Bye Dan!"

"Have a good day Grace!" My mother chirped back joyfully. It was great to see her happy again.

I chucked my bag into the front seat of my car, then set off to school, window down and music pumping.

Sometimes music was the only thing that kept me going.

####

I hung with Damon at school. Of course he wasn't attending classes, because he had compelled the teachers to get him enrolled, so I guess they wouldn't notice.

We talked about the Katherine problem while we munched down on the expensive caf food. Of course he could get anything he wanted.

"So. Heard anything? Surely she's come back to say hi?" I questioned the Salvatore.

He shook his head. "Sadly no. But hey, I think she went and saw Stefan again. It's always Stefan."

I felt kind of sad for him. It did seem like everyone chose Stefan. At the moment I liked Damon better. But I wasn't going to risk making him even more arrogant by telling him this.

"You get all the girls Damon, you're a lady puller." I nudged him and winked.

He turned to look around outside. It seemed half the girls in the quad were staring at him in wonder. And he knew it.

He then flexed him muscles and turned back to me. "That's where you're lucky." Now he winked , and I smirked.

"Anyway, back to Katherine. What did she say? I wonder what she wants..." I trailed off, half scared she would appear in front of me and demand her reasons at this very moment.