14. Babysitting

Klaus's POV:

I dragged Grace upstairs by her arm, and she wasn't even struggling. She knew I was stronger than her.

When we got to the living room I placed her on the couch then poured us some drinks. I was really turning into the bad Salvatore. I drink way too much. But I just turned around and grinned at her, holding the glass out.

She shook her head sternly, as if it had been poisoned. This just made me smirk, and I downed both glasses happily. More for me.

"You do know, that Harry would reveal everything to me if I asked him, right?" 

She demanded. I flopped down on the other couch then pretended to put my best thinking face on. I loved making her mad.

I smiled back at her. "Sorry love. This boy poisoned you. Maybe he won't be exactly keen to give out his reasons."

She just scowled back at me. She should lighten up. I can imagine that she is getting frown lines.

"But I have known him all my life! Surely I can help with something!"

She was struggling to come up with reasons why her boyfriend shouldn't keep being the bad guy. Apparently that was my job.

I just shook my head and looked into my glass. "Nope. At the moment we are trying to scare him into talking, and he looks pretty close to giving in."

She gave me the death stare. Or what she imagined to be. I believe she was trying to imitate one of my glares, but she could never catch up to me. My history just makes it all scarier.

"'Maybe you're trying to protect me, but I don't appreciate it."

I rolled my eyes at her. Grace Harrington was turning into Elena, more every minute. That whole 'I don't appreciate you trying to save my life' thing. It was insanely frustrating. I just rolled my eyes.

"Grace you really need to realise that we are VAMPIRES. We do what we need to survive and help the ones we love. If you don't like it, leave."

I chuckled on the inside. Humans in this town don't appreciate the perks of vampirism at all. All of sudden, she jumped up and tossed a glare my way again.

"Fine." She cried out, before stomping to the door. I didn't actually think she would go. I wanted her to stay. Even in a mood ... I liked her company. She still made me feel human. But I had to put on my tough act. I smirked.

"Goodbye Grace." I winked, as she huffed and left the room.

As soon as she had gone, I heard Kol rip off the boy's bind, and yelps could be heard from downstairs.

Elijah rushed to my side, out of nowhere. I looked over at him with a smile.

"What now brother?"

He grimaced. "Why did you tell her to leave, now she could get hurt, I can't go back there to watch her. I'm busy."

Uh. She wouldn't get murdered over night, no vampires would be let inside her house.

"I guess I could go. But shes walking home alone. Since she declined my offer of a drink, she deserves it." I grinned.

Elijah just nodded and strolled away. Uh. Babysitting. Such fun. I filled myself up with alcohol then left to the house.

####

Grace's POV:

I woke up early that morning, about 1 o'clock. But I was still tired, so I just rolled over into the comfort of my pillow, and drifted back to sleep. I started to dream.