6. Afterschool Hangout

The week flashed by in a blur. It was a haze of papers, exams, broken pens, squeaky school desks, and well, Tyler.

I had agreed to tutor him for mid-year exams because he was struggling in all the english-based subjects, luckily my favourites. Also I had no choice because he was my best friend, and let me borrow his car whenever I asked nicely.

I hadn't been doing too well at exams myself. I had been distracted. Distracted thinking about a boy with deep brown eyes and a small quiff of a curl in his caramel hair. I kept that perfect moment on constant replay: those soft lips that were curved into a smile as they met mine, and his huge hands that intertwined with mine, and made me feel so comfortable. His constant humour in any situation and the smoulder he pulls out when he doesn't have someone's attention. His perfect smile.

But I was also distracted with his bad sides.

The way he is so sarcastic, about almost everything. The way he just rocks up like he owns the place, and his extremely high opinion of himself. The way he can just sit back as he assumes ladies (like me) will fall into his arms. And the look he gives the Salvatores, like they're a waste of space for caring about humanity. But most of all, the thing that I hated, was that I was falling for him.

I was falling for an original bloodsucking vampire.

####

Kol's POV:

I had been wandering around Mystic Falls for the past week, getting acquainted with the small town. The mayor seemed to love me, as he loved Elijah.

Walking back to my families' home I came to the realisation that I hadn't seen Grace in awhile. I found it almost funny how much I liked her. When Klaus mentioned he had a human friend, I thought it would be some pathetic little 'bloodbag.'  That's just what my brother does.

But Grace was beautiful. And from what I've seen she was strong,  smart and all round amazing. I shook my head as I walked. What the hell was happening to me, I can't fall for a human. The last decent relationship I had was years and years before my brother daggered me. And I thought I didn't know how to love.

But after realising that I was taking after Klaus, I decided to go ahead with my feelings for Grace. Thinking about her made me want to see her again so I changed directions and started running towards her house. The window entrance would have to do.

Grace's POV:

After school on Wednesday I had been lying around for half an hour playing on my iPhone when I heard the doorbell ring. I rush down the stairs calling out to my sister on the way. "I got the door, don't worry it's just Tyler!"

That was probably the wrong thing to say. She had a small crush on Ty, I don't know if he realised this. We slammed into the door at the same time, wrenching it open.

There stood Tyler, eyebrows raised, as we stood in the doorway huffing for breath.

"Hey Ty." I coughed.

He grinned, "Sup Grace"

He then swiftly ran to the lounge and belly-flopped onto the couch.

"I'm guessing we aren't doing any work today?" I laughed.

"Of course not. My brain will explode if you shove any more information into it."

He then grabbed the TV remote whilst muttering "Don't mind if I do." And flipped it to Cartoon Network, which had Adventure Time on.

Oh, this show. I wouldn't be hearing much of him while this was on. I grabbed a packet of chips and chucked them at his head which he caught one handed without taking his eyes of the screen. Damn wolf senses.