21. Vacation vs Klaus

After school Monday, I was lazing around watching TV with my sister, when I had a great idea.

Simone saw my sudden look of realisation and rolled her eyes, taking this chance to steal the remote off of me.

I texted Kol, telling him to come over, and headed up to my room. It was an extremely stormy day, not a ray of sun in sight, so when he slipped through my window, I shivered like crazy. Gusts of wind rushed in, sending tons of leaves to flutter around my room like mini tornados. Great.

He smirked and came down to sit beside me, kissing me on the cheek

"Hey Grace."

I rolled my eyes at him. "Hey Kol."

He stretched back on the bed, yawning. "So is there any particular reason you want me here, or do you just enjoy my fabulous company."

The idea sprung into my head again, and I hopped onto his lap, ready to pitch my thoughts.

"We should go on a holiday."

It took him a second to process, then the Mikaelson sputtered out a laugh. "Grace, love, it's the middle of the school term, you're a newly adjusted vampire, and your mother won't let you go."

I gripped his hand. "But that's just it. Maybe being away from here will help me adjust to vampirism better, you know. Damon has told me heaps of stories of what helped him. Oh, and we can compel my mother."

Kol gave me a strange, surprised look, then sat up, face directly in front of mine.

"A few days ago you were horrified that you could control her with a few words. And now you're keen to try again, and with a big thing?"

I nodded enthusiastically. If I was a vampire, I might as well make the most of it. It definitely had it's positives.

"So what do you say?" I fluttered my eyelashes, trying to seduce him into saying yes.

He gave me that strange look again, then scrunched his eyebrows together, deep in thought. The deep brown eyes rose to meet mine.

"Where to?"

I cheered victory and hugged him. "New York!"

He scoffed again at this, but nodded in agreement anyway. This was going to be so much fun. I'd never been anywhere out of the state. Even barely out of Mystic Falls.

####

Kol's POV:

Grace's pitch sure was a surprise. I guess I wanted to get away, after being daggered for a hundred years. New York gave me crazy memories, and I didn't want those memories to repeat with Grace alongside.

I kissed her on the forehead, before rushing home, assuring her I was 'packing for the trip.'

I walked through the door of the Mikaelson mansion, to see Klaus sitting on the stairway, legs crossed, as if expecting me.

"Back so soon, brother?"

I nodded, and walked past him, up to my room. "Yes. Grace has decided to go to New York, me in tow."

I felt a gust of air beside me and he zipped up. "What."

Uh oh. Klaus didn't look very happy, and I knew this meant bad news. I slipped back down the stairs, and walked into the living room, searching for my jacket.

"On a holiday. It's what she needs Klaus. She seems unhappy."

His facials made me doubt my own ideas. Dammit. Why did he choose the worst times to be reasonable.