8. A Shopping Trip

Of course, shopping with Caroline always involves A LOT of buying, changing rooms, and clinking cashiers.

I wasn't really the shopping kind of girl myself, but I went along to make her happy, and to catch up with my friend. After about 3 hours of scouting the stores at the huge shopping centre -(out of Mystic Falls of course, our shops were the minimum), we sat down to have some lunch. I just had a coffee and a croissant, while she dug into a giant slice of cheesecake.

After we had finished eating, came the Caroline gossip. This time, it was surprisingly about Tyler. She thought she was falling for him and she wanted to run it past me first before making a move. I was suprised at this, because sure, he was my best friend, but I wasn't his Mum or anything.

Then came the question I was half dreading, half looking forward too.

"So how's your love life going Gracey?" 

She grinned.

This was it. I was confessing my love for an original. A man who people loved to hate.

As I opened my mouth, to gush out the whole story from the beginning, someone grabbed me from behind in a hug and spun me around. I smiled as I realised straight away who it was. None other than Mr Mikaelson.

He flipped me around to face him and kissed me on the cheek. Speak of the devil. Well actually, not speak of the devil. I never even said a word. But I guess the situation explained itself, as Caroline came squealing up to me.

"Y-you and Kol?! What?! Excuse me, but um when were you expecting to fill me in?!"

I smirked. "Actually, just then. This guy just has perfect timing." I looked up at him and grinned.

He grabbed me from behind and started talking in his amazing accent.

"Pleased to meet you. I'm sure you noticed the way my brother yanked Grace out of the room when we first met? Well, yeah. That was because of me."

I gawped up at him. "You knew about that?"

He smirked at me. "I am a vampire, darling. I do have an amazing sense of hearing."

Caroline was looking back and forward between us, not sure what to think of the strange couple of the year. That's probably what she classed us as. All this time worrying about her opinion, I hadn't noticed Kol's less agro brother standing up behind him, obviously accompanying him to the mall today.

"Hello Elijah." I waved.

He nodded. "Hello Grace."

He was the type of guy to accept that people were happy, think about the consequences afterwards. I liked him in that way, although I hadn't seen him as much lately. Suddenly, someone came up behind him, and attempted to smash a silver dipped stake straight through the original's heart.

This guy was a meek-looking human, he had blonde hair, and he looked about my age. He had obviously been compelled. This was very strange.

Elijah grabbed the guy and head locked him, before dragging him out of the sight of the public. Kol's eyes were wide when he looked back at me.

"Noone ever stakes us. They know we're originals." He ran his hand through his hair, still one arm around me.

Caroline looked shocked aswell.

"Maybe we should go now." She murmured.

Before I knew it, we had grabbed out shopping bags and I had my head leaned against Kol as he drifted his flash car on the highway back home. Elijah was filling me in on his little encounter with the human staker.

"My mother. My mother sent that boy to kill me. And she didn't get a very good job of compelling him, he told me everything. There was a ritual. The champagne we drank at the ball linked all our family as one. If one dies, we all die." he explained.

Kol growled. I couldn't bare the thought of him dead, I almost growled too.

Elijah carried on. "She is hosting a ritual tonight. Finn is scarificing himself, in order for us all to die together. He is the most pathetic brother I have ever heard of."

This was when Kol lost his temper.

"FINN?! WHAT?! WHY WOULD HE DO THIS TOO US! GOD, WHEN I GET MY HANDS ON HIM!"

The car was swerving, and I grabbed the wheel to keep us straight. I then stroked his hands to calm him down. I whispered in his ear.

"Calm. Everything is going to be alright. You have your whole family on your side. Remember that."

He looked at me with gratefulness. I didn't know calming him down would be that easy. For the rest of the ride home he took deep laboured breaths, obviously thinking about the ritual all the way.

####

As soon as we got there and hopped out of the car, Stefan grabbed me. I looked around in bewilderment, as Kol kissed me on the lips and whispered.

"Trust me. This is for the best."

And he sped off.

What. He left me here, jailed up with Stefan for my 'protection'?!

I was perfectly capable of keeping myself safe. I was so mad. He expected me to just wait by while him and my friends were in danger, and wait for the results. Their chances didn't look to good right about now, and I hated thinking that, the kiss Kol just gave me might be the last one we ever shared.

 Sadly, I knew that I couldn't resist against the Salavatore's strong arms. I just let him carry me into my home and my bed, and heard him sit down in the chair opposite me as I drifted off.

I had nightmares that night of Kol dying. Of Klaus and Elijah dying.  

And the worst thing is, I couldn't do one thing to stop it.

---------------------------------------------

Upon request I will carry on with both stories :) thanks for the help, you know who you are :)

I hope you liked this chapter, I'm trying to keep the storyline kind of.

VOTE AND COMMENT FOR MORE <3

love you all xxxxxx

FOLLOW ME AND ILL LOOK AT ALL YOUR STORIES xxxxx