Week 9: Believe In The Shield

Backstage in the Hallway

John Cena is tying up his sneakers when he hears a familiar voice, "Ready to kick ass?"

"Steph," John hugs her, "are you sure you should be here tonight?"

She nods her head, "Yeah the doctors say I'm fine. They wouldn't have released me if I wasn't. Besides I can't leave you alone to face the Shield."

Suddenly Vickie Guerrero comes up to the two, "John, Stephanie I'm glad I found you both. Listen, I just wanted to inform you on the match you both will be involved in."

"Vickie, I don't know if you know this but Stephanie just got out of the hospital."

"Yes I know John, but technically she's medically cleared to compete tonight. Don't worry though, you two will be competing in an inter-gender match against AJ Lee and Dolph Ziggler. Good luck." Vickie walks off.

John and Stephanie look at each other and accept the match.

Dolph Ziggler & AJ Lee w/ Big E Langston vs. John Cena & Stephanie

During the match, John Cena and Dolph Ziggler are fighting outside the ring after Dolph interfered by tripping Stephanie. AJ and Stephanie are the legal competitors in the match; AJ swings Stephanie towards the ropes. Stephanie bounces off the ropes and comes at AJ with a clothesline but AJ also has the same idea which causes the two to collide.

Suddenly the Shield's music begins to play and they make their way down the stairs. Stephanie is too weak to where she doesn't realize what's happening. John quickly gets in the ring and pulls Stephanie to her feet. Big E pulls AJ out of the ring and escapes along with Dolph Ziggler. Just as Stephanie regains her composure the Shield has already surrounded the ring. Stephanie and John Cena are back-to-back watching and waiting for the Shield to attack.

Dean Ambrose grabs a microphone then gets on the apron, "Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to introduce you to the new member of the Shield…" He points his hand in John Cena's direction.

The WWE Universe is shocked to believe that John Cena is a member of the Shield. They begin to chant, "You sold out," repeating the phrase in unison over and over again.

John begins to deny the revealing. John turns to Stephanie to explain but she is smiling at him then delivers a Discus Clothesline, knocking him down. Stephanie then looks at the members of the Shield and laughs at her actions. Roman Reigns hands Stephanie a black vest like theirs. She puts it on, revealing that she was the new member of the Shield all along. Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose bring John to his feet and pass him over to Roman Reign for an aided Power Bomb. Stephanie goes out onto the apron then performs a 450 splash from the ropes. Stephanie continues to smile as she stand between Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins as she puts her fist in the circle of the Shield.

"BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD" Roman Reigns shouts out. All four members of the Shield exit the ring and jump into the crowd.