Chapter 4 A New Love Grown

Lost at Love By: LadyDawn

 Picture at Right is Rosanne >>>>>

 Sunday noon and Amanda's cell phone rings, she reaches for it from under her covers smacking her hand into the alarm clock. OUCH she exclaims. Darn it. Then look down to find the ringing on the floor, picks up her phone to answer it with a. “This better be good!” Then hears “Did I wake you?” From a male voice. “Oh mmm sorry I..I thought you were...... never mind, how are you....doing?” Amanda stuttered out. “You sound tired I can call you back later if you like?” Ted said. “No that is fine I am up sorry about that. I can be ready in about 30 minutes and then call you back so we can meet out by the truck stop sound good?” She says back to him. “Sure sounds great see you then” Ted said. “OK see you soon.” Then hangs the cell phone up.

I dashed into my shower for a quick refresh from last night; then into a pretty green sun dress, matching sandals, makeup and earrings. One last touch where is my emerald necklaces? There it is this will match my eyes perfectly. Now a quick snack and I am ready to go. Let's see I have my cell phone, purse, headset, car keys, money, ok I am all set time to let Ted know I am on my way.

“Hi Ted, your waiting outside your truck, wow that truck just amazes me every time I see it. It is so much larger that most of the others here.” I say to Ted. “It is only because of what I haul, I move furniture across the country so I can have a bigger cab, I don't usually haul as much weight as those guys do.” Ted Said. “Oh I see. So if you were to haul more weight you couldn't use this truck?” I ask him. “Well yes that is the gist of it, this cab weighs a lot more that those do so.” “OK I got ya.” “Now let's go see a few new developments shall we?” Ted says like a child on Christmas morning. “OK” I say.

{He is kind of cute now that I see him in the daylight close up} {dresses nice not too fancy jeans, button down shirts shiny boots Mmm nice} “What are you thinking about Ms Amanda?”

{Blushing} “Oh nuttin' much. We should be getting there in about fifteen minutes it is south west of here.” I say to Ted. “OK do you mind if I turn on the radio?” “No go right ahead.” {You are already turning me on; damn did I just think that phew, what is wrong with me today?} Ted turns on the radio and leaves it on Amanda's favorite station and starts humming along with the music. {Good he likes my music also Southern Rock Mmm}

Turning into the new homes development just west of Savannah, Amanda drives around the new community to show Ted all the new models. “These are great, they have plenty of room between them and two car garages which is perfect for my daughter and me.” he said. “Shall we go to the main model and see if they will show you around?” I asked. “Sounds good to me” Ted said to me.

Walking up to a two story model home; white with gray trim, beautiful brown door with beveled glass. Red brick work all around the lower three feet of the house and plants of all sorts to dress it up. We rang the bell as we walked in, were greeted by a lovely lady in her late 50's “Hi may I help you show you around?” She said. “Yes” Ted said “I am interested in a home with three bedrooms and two baths, a two car garage, eat in kitchen, and a screened in patio. Can you show me what you have available?” “Yes I have several just like that let me show you the plans we have in this room, then we can go look at them in person if you like.” She said. “Sound great” he smiled at her. Then we walked into the next room to view the plans on the walls. “We have 6 models total these three all have what you are asking for.” She said. “Amanda? What do you think of these plans?” Ted Asked. “Umm Ted I think this is your decision you should make not mine.” I told him. “I would like your ideas also on them, also maybe if I buy one here I can convince you to come visit me once in a while too!” {Blushing again} “Oh My! Would you excuse me for a minute please? Where is the rest room?” I ask the sales lady. “Around the corner to your right Ma’am” She tells me. “Thank You!.” I say back to her.