Chapter 14: Fun

Tania waved as her friends pulled into the parking lot. She grabbed one of the crazy carpets and slid down the hill before running over to help them unload their stuff. Shouts and laughter announced the arrival of Alex with Eclipse clinging to his back.

            It wasn’t long at all before all eleven of them were assembled at the top of the hill beside a large pile of different sleds. They all looked at one another before Tania pushed Alex onto a sled and gave him a shove, sending him flying down the hill. Laughing, Theron imitated her move with Bredon. Soon they were all jumping onto sleds and racing down the hill, laughing, shouting and all in all having a good time.

            Pulling herself out of the snow bank she’d just run into, Tania looked up in time to see the pack pull up. Grinning, she ran over to their van as they got out. “Hey. You guys ready to go?”

            Jason nodded, smiling and then all of a sudden he frowned. “You smell of vamp, were-lion and dryad.”

            Tania laughed. “Alexander and his friends came down to visit. They’re up there,” She told him, pointing at the top of the hill where Theron had just pulled Ilana onto one of the wooden toboggans with him.

            “So is this the pack you were telling us about?” Alexander asked from behind the boys, making them all jump and whip about.

            “Yes and that was mean. You shouldn’t be going around sneaking up on people like that,” She said, hands on hips.

            Alex shrugged unconcernedly. Jason recovered first and reached out his hand to shake the vampire’s. “I’m Jason Harrington, the alpha. Black hair is Chase Wyndell, brown hair is Ryan Nelson, then the red-head is Ben Hughes and lastly is Vince Carrington. We’re the Black Tip Pack.”

            The brown-haired vampire nodded to each of the boys as they were identified before shaking Jason’s hand. “Alex Donovan. The other vamp is Bredon Sedgewick, were-lion is Theron Rickman, dryad is Ilana Lyndall and the male psychic with us is Kayne Higgins.”

            At each name, Jason’s and the rest of the pack’s eyes got wider. “You’re…You’re the Alex Donovan.”

            Grinning with his fangs showing, Alex nodded. “Yes. Now let’s get those sleds up to the top of the hill. It’s got to be cold just standing there.”

            “I…oh yes. C’mon guys,” Jason finally managed to spit out and eventually they all made it to the top of the hill.

            Tania quickly made introductions between everyone. After she was finished an awkward silence developed as all three groups watched the other two. Finally Tania snapped. Again she shoved Alex onto a sled but this time he pulled her down on top of him so they were both speeding down the hill. A loud squeal came from Ilana who’d pushed Megan on to a sled and was pushed by Theron in return. Soon they were all whizzing down the hill again. Eventually everyone collapsed up on the top of the hill, wet, hot and tired.

            “I’m sorry Tania but I’ve got to go home,” Megan told her. “I’m taking the other girls back as well. Are you going to get a ride back with Alex?”

            The black-haired girl nodded and got up, following them down to the car. “I’ll talk to you guys later.”

            “Absolutely. Have fun,” Vanessa told her before getting into Megan’s car.