Trying to run from the past

Draven push through the sea of bodies. Trying his best to get out. He didn't know where he was going he just knew that he had to get far away from them. From the two guys who tore his heart away and stomped on it.

And now Draven can't feel anything, anymore his whole body turned numb. They took away his freedom, they took away his love.

Draven didn't realize that he was standing in front of the parking lot still seeing people enter and exit. He felt a cold breeze of air hit him in the face.

Draven just stood their he felt the whole world freeze. Everything moving in slow motion.

Then his whole body started to tense as he hears someone call his name from behind. Draven didn't bother to look back and just starts to run. He ran pass the rows of cars.

Then he spotted stevie's grey sliver truck. Now he really wish that he went here on his own. Draven heard heavy footsteps on the pavement behind him, and without thinking Draven jumped into the back of stevie's truck. He pushed his knees up to his chest and buried his face into his knees. He just wish he would disappear. Disappear from this horrible sick cruel world.

Draven just wish he would die. His parents wouldn't care, they wouldn't care about a whore like him. He felt tears seep through his jeans. He has been crying a lot lately. Draven never cries he always had green clear eyes. He was always relax and nonchalant.

But here he sat shaking in fear. He wasn't relax at all. It was hard to admit but he was scared. He was Draven he wasn't suppose to be scared of anything.

Draven jumped as he felt a hand on his shoulder. He screamed in fear and closed his eyes shut. He knew who it was. He could imagine it in his head. He could see them staring down at him with twisted grins on their faces. Then he heard a quiet calm voice.

"Are you alright?" Draven open his eyes to see soft hazel brown eyes staring back at him. Blake was so close to him. He never realize how big and buff he was.

Draven lifted his eyes away from Blake and looked down at his worn out vans.

"I'm fine" that was all Draven was mange to say. He knew it was a lie because he wasn't fine at all.

"Don't lie to me" Draven knew that Blake saw through his lie.

"Just leave me alone" Draven said in a low voice almost a whisper. Draven could feel Blake's body tense up beside him.

"No I want you to get better, I want you to live life again" 

Draven snorted and looked up at Blake with anger in his eyes.

"You just expect me to live life again. It's not that easy" Draven snapped back. Blake shook his head.

"No one said it would be easy" Blake took a deep breath and spoke again.

"I'm going to tell you a story, It's a story about my childhood." Blake paused and turned to look at Draven to see if he was even listening. He continue as he saw Draven looking back at him intensely.

"My life was like no other, fill with love and happiness. Until one day my mom died in a car crash. My whole world shattered at that very moment. My dad was never the same. He always blamed me for her death. He used to always beat me in till I bleed and raped me until I was broken. I knew he just wanted me to feel his pain. He hated how I looked. He said it reminded him of our mom. I was close to killing myself one day until I found my own paradise. A place where I can be free." Blake stop talking and looked to his right.

Where the bright lights were shinning from the festival. He knew Draven's eyes were on him. Blake never shared that story to anyone. He didn't know why he had to say it to Draven.

Blake felt a warm hand on his shoulder.

"How old were you?" Blake finally tore his glaze from the festival and looked down at the broken boy.

"12" Blake said softly.

"If it's too much to ask but what was your paradise?" Blake lifted his glaze from Draven and looked up into the night sky.

"My paradise was the graveyard. Yea I know what your thinking how could someone feel happy at a graveyard. But sometimes I would go their and speak to my Mother's grave. I would speak to her like she was there, as if she were standing in front of me. I knew that all of the graves around me had people who suffered and I felt like I wasn't alone. Like I wasn't the only one suffering but then I realized that they weren't hurting anymore. That they were free. I wanted to be free, I wanted to leave this painful world but I knew I couldn't." Blake stopped speaking and looked at Draven.

"I had to live, I had to live for her."

Draven felt tears seep down his cheek. He never knew that Blake suffered. But he felt relief. He was glad that he wasn't alone. That he wasn't alone in this world. He had someone right beside him. Who knows how he is feeling. Who knows his pain.

They both sat their in silence. Both of them listening to the distance sounds of the festival. Draven didn't know why he did it but he just felt like Blake needed the comfort not him. Draven scooted closer to Blake and hugged him.

"I'm sorry." was all Draven mange to say.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note: I'm sorry that this took so long. My life just got busy. I wanted to add a background story for Blake.