The knock on the door

He drove as fast as he can. He started to panic. He felt sweat drip down his forehead. He never expected this to happen. He was just having fun with the kid. Until the boy hit him and hid somewhere in the house. Until he found the boy he saw the fear in the boys eyes. He felt his anger overtaken him as he saw the phone to his ear. The boy had just called the police. He yelled the kids name with a force that shaken the boy.

"Dominik" he whispered as he tried his best to focus on the road. He tried to block out the rest of his memories. Not wanting to remember.

Then it hit him. He remembered a old high school buddy that is still in touch with him. He lives only four hours away. He smiled "perfect."

------------------------------------

Draven slowly opened his eyes to pitch black. His back was in pain and he felt his guitar laying against his stomach. He reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone.

"Ugh" he mumbled. As he slowly pulled himself up and tried to find the light switch. As the light flashed on. Draven felt his eyes burn and squinted toward the stairs. He was starving. He felt his stomach empty. As it growled for food.

Draven walked down the stairs as quiet as possible. Trying not to wake his parents. He made it to the bottom of the stairs. He pushed open the kitchen door. As he began to search for food.

"Yes!" Draven said quietly while reaching for the bag of chips that were in the top cabinet.

Draven shoved the chips in his mouth as he went to get a coke. He froze as he heard the doorbell ring. His heart started to race. Who could be at the door at three am in the morning?

Draven decided not to answer the person would leave eventually. The doorbell rang again. It looks like this person isn't getting the hint. Finally, Draven walked out of the kichen still with the bag of chips in one hand.

As he came closer to the door he felt his hands start to shake. What was he doing?

"Don't be afraid" Draven said to himself. He reached out and pulled open the door. Expecting to see a dark shadowily figure. Draven sighed in relief as he spotted the pretty blonde girl standing out on his porch.

"Hey what are you doing here Kelly" Draven asked a bit confused but wasn't complaining.

"My mom got mad at me and kicked me out of the house" before Draven could ask her anymore questions he opened the door wider letting her walk in.

As Draven shut the door behind him he walked toward Kelly and handed her a coke.

"Thanks" Kelly said while sitting down onto the couch.

"So what happened?" Draven grabbed her hand trying to comfort her.

"Well it's a bit embarrassing" Kelly said as she blushed a bright red.

"Don't worry I won't judge" it felt kind of strange. Why would Kelly come for his help. Well she did just live down the street.

"She caught me in bed with Keith and she forced Keith out with a gun" Kelly choked on her tears as she tried to continue speaking.

"Right after he left she ran back to me and forced me out as well" Kelly started to wipe away her tears.

"Sorry" she said while trying her best to stay strong. Draven quickly offered her the box of tissues that were sitting on the table.

"Thanks" Kelly said in a low whisper as she wiped her nose.

"Ok so where was I" Draven spoke before she could continue.