Part 1

Alison Dilaurentis was over to her best friend Emily Fields' house trying on clothes and just generally hanging out listening to music. Their other friends joined them but Alison always noticed Emily's lingering glances. While she was trying on a new shirt she caught Emily's gaze inside of the mirror rendering her oblivious to what the other's were saying. This isn't the first time that Emily's stares had broke Alison's defensive wall she put up to keep herself from becoming vulnerable.

It's those damn eyes Alison sighed to herself. She was trying to think of something cruel to say to Emily so she would stop staring and making her feel tingly inside but Aria swooped in and saved the day.

Aria: How about you try this yellow shirt Em. I think it will look great on you.

Emily tried it on and Alison had to agree, it looked perfect for Emily. Alison realized that she was now the one staring at Emily. She needed to leave. Get out of Emily's bedroom as fast as she could.

Alison: Sorry girls. I have a prior engagement. See you all at school tomorrow.

Girls: Okay Ali.

Emily walked Alison to the front door feeling sad that she was leaving.

Emily: Bye Ali.

Alison: Bye Em. Don't have too much fun without me.

Emily sighs: I promise I won't. See you at school tomorrow.

Alison knew it was awkward. The two of them standing in Emily's doorway saying goodbye over and over.

Alison: yep see ya tomorrow.

She finally turned and forced herself to ignore the eyes following her down the Fields' walkway and not turning around no matter how badly she wanted to. Emily also ignored everything inside of her that wanted to walk Alison home and make sure she was safe. Instead Emily closed her front door on Alison's retreating back. She went back upstairs. Hanna was looking sad as Aria and Spencer tried on clothes.

Emily handed her a cute baby doll shirt she bought just for Hanna so she wouldn't feel left out. Hanna smiled at Emily gratefully. She went into the bathroom to change and Emily wished that Hanna was more confident and could change in front of them without being self-conscious. Emily was a shy girl though not overweight and realized she too was self-conscious about changing clothes in front of others.

After everyone was done changing and showing off their new clothes they all left Emily's house. Emily had been waiting for them to leave so she could shower and get into bed. She withdrew the pillow that Alison had laid down upon and cuddled up with Ali's scent until she fell asleep. Emily actually thought she was doing a good job of hiding her secret crush.

In the Dilaurentis household Alison was freaking out. She was wondering what was going on with her and Emily. She didn't know why she was encouraging it. She told herself sternly that she had to shut this thing with Emily down before it got out of hand. Things had already gotten awkward between them. After fretting Alison finally fell into a fitful sleep.