Chapter 6: Reminiscing

Cynthia's POV:

Feeling my phone ring, I picked it up and saw the same number that Spencer called me from a while ago. I picked it up and put it to my ear. “Hello.”

“Cynthia, I really want to talk to you and in person. Could we do that?” He questioned.

I thought about it for a second and felt the need to say yes. “You know where my parents live.”

“I'll be there in five.” He retorted, hanging up.

I heard water splashing and voices outside my window. I looked out and saw Dani against the pool wall with a boy's hands on both sides. I saw him lean in and kiss her on the cheek. When she opened her eyes, she had a disappointed look on her face. I decided to walk outside and give her a hard time. “Dani, what are you doing and who is that?”

She pushed the boy away at the sound of my voice. “Cynthia, this is Kevin; Kevin, this is my sister Cynthia. We were working on a project and decided to take a dip in the pool.”

I crossed my arms before replying, not buying the lie. “Hi, Kevin.” He waved at me and I turned my attention to Dani. “Does Mom know he is here?”

“She went out with Dad and I didn't want to bug her.”

“Be smart.” I retorted, walking away. As I walked in the house, the doorbell went off. I opened the door and Spencer was standing there with a dozen of Daisies, knowing I hated roses. “Thank you.”

“It's no thang but a chicken wang,” He retorted, joking. He still had that humor I loved. Looking down, he noticed my slightly swollen belly. “So you are really pregnant with your new boyfriends’ baby?”

“I'm pregnant with my baby, if that's what you mean. Wait here,” I walked to the kitchen to find a vase. I filled it with water and put my Daisies in the vase. “Follow me.”

“It still hasn't changed.” He stated, looking around my room as I sat the Daisies on my desk.

“I know, even though I haven't lived here for a year.” I decided to get to the point. “So what did you want to talk to me about?”

“I miss you.” He retorted, making me slightly upset.

“You miss me? Tell me something, what happened that last time we seen each other?” I questioned, as my mind thought about it.

I have something important to tell you.” I whispered to Spencer during passing period.

Can it wait until lunch?” He retorted. “I have something to tell you too.”

No, if I don't tell you now than I'll never tell you.” My eyes started to burn with tears as I thought about what I was going to tell him.

Alright, follow me.” I followed him to the back of the school and we walked up a flight of stairs, which led to the roof. He turned to me, motioning me to speak.

You know how I thought I was pregnant, well I am pregnant.” I blurted out.

His eyes looked like they were going to pop out of his sockets. “I thought we were safe?”

Yeah, the first time, not the second, or third, or fourth...” I retorted, hoping he got the point.

I thought you were on birth control.” He accused.

Yeah, but I think I may have skipped a day.” I replied. “What are we going to do?”

What are you going to do?”