Chapter Ten

I went inside still carrying Alexis. She was clinging on to me while looking at everything happening around her, even though it was empty. Only a few should be in today meaning not much staff was needed and this lesson was free so no fees needed to be paid.

I went into the den to see if I could find any of the dancers but there was no one there. All their belongings were there and hug up professionally but no girls could be seen.

I went into studio 5 which was to be used for across with the silks hanging from the ceiling. There was also a mat flooring. The entire floor was made out of mats and I thought it was amazing, they laid the flooring for free and I am so ever grateful because it gives us an advantage against Abby and her team.

I could hear music do quietly stepping in and hid in the corner until the dancers were finished whatever they were doing.

"Brooke! You're here. Where have you been?" Paige asked noticing me causing everyone in the room to turn to me and the little girl in my arms who was now shaking in fear, I was rubbing her back.

"I've been picking up dancers for the studio. This little cutie is one of them. Her Mom let me take her to give her a taster. I have to take her back home after this is finished." I lied. I don't know why I didn't tell them the truth. It might have been because people who I didn't really know was around if it was Paige Mackenzie and Chloe it would have been different.

I let the girls carry on what they were doing and pulled Chloe out into the hallway. They seemed to have everything under control and I needed to get Alexis comfortable it's being here.

"You see to be doing good in there. I think they should continue this for an hour longer then move on to the actual dances." I stopped and she nodded. I looked at the little girl who hadn't moved since we found the dancers. "This is Alexis. She's complaining this weekend in a duo with me." I told her.

"Really?" She asked amazed, this was about the girls dancing not me but I didn't want to disappoint a little girl who has had so much disappointment in the past few days. I nodded. "Wow. Hi Alexis." She whispered.

Alexis looked up and waved slightly.
"Alexis. This is Chloe She is a dancer just like me." I told her.

"You were amazing on Dance Moms!" She squealed. "I love the contemporary ballet style you did. It was the best." She said and I smiled, she was finally coming out of her shell.

"Alexis is going to be staying with me for a while." I told her. Now I was getting to the point I wanted in the first place. " I found her on the side of the street. Her mom moved to Switzerland to live with her boyfriend and didn't want her around anymore. So she's going to stay with me." I informed her. She looked pissed but didn't say anything and walked back into studio 5 to help Mackenzie and Paige.

I took Alexis into another studio and she started to stretch on the floor while I chose some music for her to choose from. To choose which style of dance she wanted to do. This was all about her and showing she wasn't a waste of space.

Little did I know I was in for a big surprise.