Chapter Fourteen

The dancers all ran to Mackenzie and grabbed the costumes not even caring if it's not theirs. It made me giggle as they went swapping the costumes until they had the knee with their names in. They all had two costumes and began to change into the first one.

"Yours and Alexis' is outside hung up." Mackenzie said before walking over to the girls and helping. I turned to Alexis and and was sat in the corner quietly looking upset.

"Hey Lexi are you okay?" I asked.

"Do I have a costume?" she asked quietly, I had a feeling this was what it was about especially because I told her she can dance in the competition this weekend with me.

"You do. Come with me." I said and pulled her up and out the door.

I saw two costumes hung up. One bigger one and a smaller one, it was easy to tell whos was who's. She gasped.

"These are ours?" she squealed and I nodded.

They were both purple but mine was a two piece and Alexis had a one piece because she was young and I didn't feel comfortable having her in a two piece showing skin to possible peodophiles.

I helped her onto her and she stood there turning in it memorized by the skirt spinning while I got into mine.

It was beautiful, I never had a costume like this before, I was always in a united because I'm know as a acrobat contortionist.

"Can we show the others?" She asked bumping up and down.

"Sure let's go." I giggled and Chloe walked up beind us.

"Wow, you look beautiful." Chloe said in amazement and we laughed before walking into studio 3.

Everyone turned to look at us when the door opened and Alexis went running in excited to show everyone and began twirling in the middle of the room.

"You look adorable Alexis." Amber cooed and Alexis giggled.

"Brooke," Mackenzie said in wonder. "You look beautiful." She said. I blushed at the compliment. Usually with Abby we never had costumes that matched with the quality with Maddie's costumes. This was different for all of us.

"Thanks Kenz. I feel beautiful." I said looking down at the costume I was wearing.

"So who wants to do a dress rehearsal? All the dances are complete."

We all agreed with it and began with the group. They looked beautiful in their costumes and I was amazed at how well they work together with only being together for 2 days.

The next dance we went through the was trio and I was hoping they remember the added bits. I knew I didn't have to worry because they were all professional but I wanted them to show they are dancers to be afraid of.

They were amazing, I loved their dance and how they worked so well with the little one and making her shine throughout the whole dance putting her infront of the other two. It made my heart swell, that's exactly what I did with Alexis making her take the spotlight and have a time to shine.

Next we did the first duo that had only been choreographed an hour at the most and I wasnt really worried they couldn't remember it because they enjoyed learning it, it meant a lot to them to be doing a jazz and the looks on their faces shows that. Hopefully the judges can see this when they compete it.

The only dance to be rehearsed is our duo and I looked at Alexis and she looked really excited to be showing everyone. I smiled as she took the floor and I stood in the wings.

She began slowly with simple moves until the first beat kicked in and she went in full blown dancer and I joined her. I was watching her as I danced slowly. My favourite part was the ending because I was on the floor and she does an Ariel before falling next to me cuddling into me.

Everyone clapped and cheered as we stood up and curtsied to the audience and then I grabbed her hand and walked off to the right so she was infront of me.

We had this competition in the bag, only if the girls don't freak out at the venue and infront of Abby and her team.