Chapter Nineteen

The next day I was up at 4.30am and began getting everything together for the competition tomorrow. We were travelling up today and competing tomorrow. I didn't mind getting up this early if it's for something I love.

I had Alexis packed up and the costumed were ready, the shoes and makeup we needed was packed. All that I had to do now was pack the sweets Christi brought yesterday for the journey. I had to get myself and Alexis dressed then get to the studio before the girls get there at 6.30am.

"Brooke!" Alexis screamed running into the room. "It's competition day!" She squealed and I laughed.

"It's not today Lexi,were travelling up but competing tomorrow." I explained.

"Oh." She said with a frown. I passed her an outfit to put on while I went to get dressed, she was able to dress herself like a pro for being so young. I guess it was from living on the streets.

I had changed into a pair of white jeans and the team top we had printed for the studio promotion.

I walked out of the bathroom while applying my make up and saw Lexi sat in my bed with Chloe and Paige.

"Paige? what are you doing here already?" I asked.

"I came to see Lexi before we travel and I mom gave me something to give to you and told me to tell you that she'll see you there tomorrow."

"Yeah well, I don't want her there. She's not supporting me she'll be embarrassed to be seen with a stray." I snarled. I know I was being harsh but she didn't defend me when my father said that. She sat there and said nothing, that hurt me more than my dad calling me a stray.

"Brooke. You have to forgive her she wants you in her life. Mom is threatening to file for a divorce because of it. She didn't take that comment likely. He sleeps on the couch and she cries herself to sleep holding something she took from your room after you left. She misses you." Paige said and I ignored her and walked down the stairs to pack the sweets up ready for the journey I could hear them all following me and picking up a handful each. I gave them a Stern look and opened the bag making them put them in there.
Chloe and Paige left to get their stuff together and load it into the car.

"Brooke?" Alexis said. I turned to her.

"Yes Lexi?"

"Do you want me to leave?"

"Leave?"

"Yeah, you're fighting with your mommy because of me. Do you want me to leave so you can stop fighting?" She asked. I felt my heart break. She feels guilty for me and my Mom arguing but how could she think I want her to leave?

"Of course I don't want you to leave. You're staying with me forever. You will never live on the streets again and I'll never leave you." I said bending at her level.

"But I don't have a mommy I don't want you going without one too."

I grabbed her head and lifted it to look at me.

"Lexi listen to me, you are not the cause of the fighting okay? My daddy is..." I sighed knowing this wasn't working. "I'll tell you what, when I see my mommy tomorrow, I'll make up with her and we'll move back in yeah?" She nodded with a smile. "Come on, we've gotta go."

So the two of us get moving into the car and I drove us to the studio were the bus was already waiting. I wasn't in the best of moods, PMS I guess but I wanted to make this an experience they will want to continue with. I want them to love competing not doing it because they are on a signed contract.

I gave Page mine and Alexis bags and she put it into the trunk of the bus while I took Alexis in side the building to go to the toilet before we leave.

"Are you excited for this Lexi?" I asked as she washed her hands.

"Yea, I can't wait. I've always wanted to be like you and now I can be. Thank you for everything you've done for me Brooke." She said and I smiled a huge smile. I made a dream come true for this little girl. I grabbed her hand without saying anything knowing that if I did I would get choked up, we walked out back to the bus and the other dancers were all arriving with their mothers. Some mothers were coming and some was trusting them in our care which proved they trusted us with their kids and that's what we wanted this studio to be about.

They all began to fill into the bus starting from the back coming forward just like professionals and I couldn't help but smile. All the mothers that were attending was on the bus and they were all quietly talking. Paige Chloe Mackenzie Alexis and I were stood at the front waiting to say something.

"Okay, this is the first competition as a team and I know that even if we don't win, we'll come out on top. We win as a team lose as a team. We want you to experience what we never got to experience when dancing with Abby. Joy. You love to dance and you're all very Talented but win or lose. We will be proud of you." I encouraged and they all cheered before the five of us took seat on the front of the bus before the driver began the journey to the competition venue on the outskirts of Pittsburgh.