Chapter 33: Signalling Danger

AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END OF THIS CHAPTER:)

**Harry's POV**

Finally, after a freaking long and painful walk along a winding footpath, we managed to get off the footpath and onto the main road.

Quickly, in anticipation of getting off the uncomfortable ground, we stepped off of the rocks and onto a smooth concrete road. We were still next to the beautiful River, but we were a lot more mainstream this time, right next to the main road around London, and there were several tourists and regular Londoners, walking around us.

To make the whole tiring situation worse, the whole time we were walking, I constantly had to walk behind Zayn and Belle, who were making little loving gestures towards each other, like I had to watch Belle entwine her small, petite fingers into Zayn's, and the way he instantly brought her that little bit closer to him, close enough for them to be hugging each other the whole walk.

And they could be that close now, Zayn had given me this awfully heavy guitar to hold, because he couldn't hold it, he had to 'direct us' to the main road. He was just finding an excuse to get closer to Belle. And to not have to carry this thing, because bloody hell it was heavy. I don't even know where they got it from.

I know for a fact that I like Belle. Maybe I'm even starting to love her. But I am 100% sure that she won't like me, not when Zayn's around. But she's happy. I see her happiness now. I was never able to see it before. When I had kept her in my home, she would smile at me, but her eyes would be broken, she was so easy to read. I never believed her convincing, lying smile.

But with Zayn, as bloody cliche as it sounded, I knew she was happy. Her eyes twinkled with happiness whenever she looked at Zayn, and all he did was look her in the eyes. But that's it isn't it, with true love, all you have to do is look at them, and immedialy, they're overwhelmed.

They don't need all this over-advertised soppy, expensive flowers and love notes. Company is the most important, especially if it's hard to be together. She never had to lie around him, because she genuinely was happy.

And as much as I enjoyed seeing Belle assuredly happy, it still doesn't hide the fact that I love her. I know now that I'm not going to do anything I'll regret, but I fear that later on, I'll regret trying to get her to love me too. But I know that if I try anything, my face may never be the same, Zayn will certainly mess me up as much as he possibly could, if it meant defending 'his' Belle.

We walked through the main London street, the sky was already a deep screen of misty blue, and the bright, twinkling silver stars were faintly visible through the thin shady transparent clouds that had covered the sky in a silky grey blanket.

The street was lit only by several old fashioned, yet intricate designed, black street lamps, lined along the side of the road, lighting and guiding are way through the extremely busy city. (A/N: PIC ON SIDE OMG)

The dim lamp light hit Belle's facial jawline perfectly, instantly reminding me of the night where I had first seen Belle, on top of the roof of that hidden alleyway where we first met. That beautiful memory probably means everything to Zayn, but I'm pretty sure that it actually means that little bit more to me.