Epilogue

Epilogue

Rosalie's POV -

Two Years Later

"But Rose, I need that! I'll fail all my classes and I won't be the doctor I aspire to be like!" Jace groaned, slamming his palm against his head over and over again.

He was sixteen now. And the biggest mistake I have made was offering to take him school shopping for junior year.

"You don't need seven different staplers, Jace!" I exclaimed, picking it up and putting it back on the shelf.

"If I don't end up becoming a doctor, I blame you." He muttered, walking away from me.

"You're acting like a two year old." I laughed, rolling my eyes.

He spun on his heel and narrowed his eyes at me.

See, this was his thing. School shopping. I don't know why I was so scared about my boys growing up when Jace turned out to be top of his class anyway; his favourite hobby being school shopping.

"I'll fix my bed every day for a week if you let me get them." He suggested.

"You're supposed to be fixing your bed every day anyway," I muttered, deadpanned.

"I just get the maid to do it for me anyway."

"We don't have a maid." I frowned.

"You're my maid. Now let me get them!"

I ran a hand through my long hair, ready to tear it out.

"How about you drop out of school and become a maid with me? Will that satisfy you?" I asked, a smile playing on my lips at his horror-struck expression.

"Fine, fine! I'll just get one." He surrendered.

He wasn't supposed to get any, but oh well, have to compromise on some things.

We shopped for a little while longer, thankfully, not getting into any more arguments about his excessive shopping extravaganzas. I ended up spending an overall of three hundred dollars for one year's worth of school stuff, and I made it pretty obvious that he was going to work for that money and put it in his college tuition fund, even though I had the costs saved up anyway.

We drove home - a penthouse Nate owned - and unpacked all of his school things into a box as I began preparing food for my boys.

"Something smells good!" I heard a loud voice boom as the front door opened.

I looked up from the pot I had under my watchful gaze and saw Nate walking in, a gym bag strung over his shoulder, wearing a singlet that popped his muscled body.

"Someone looks sweaty." I laughed, picking up a ladle and stirring the food.

He walked over to me and pecked me on the lips quickly.

"So that means I can't hug you?" He asked with his trademark smirk.

"Not until you shower." I shook my head.

"Care to join me?"

"Nate, when we decided to move out of the pool house and in here with you, you promised you wouldn't make those jokes in front of us." Liam spoke casually, walking into the kitchen with Mike to see what I had been preparing.

And these boys had just turned eight. But because of Nate, they probably understood every single sexual insinuation he made.

"Just like to speak my mind, Liam." Nate smirked.

"Anyway," Mike said loudly, nudging his brother. "Jace, Liam and I are going to sleep over at Adam's place tonight. He's taking us rock climbing tomorrow before summer ends."

These boys, despite always seeing Adam, still enjoyed sleeping over at his place and having outings with him. I guess he was the first person that made them enjoy their childhood after we moved to Brooklyn, so I understood why they always wanted to be around him.

In saying that, they still adored Nate. He was their role model; they all looked up to him.

"What time is he picking you up?" I asked.

Adam had moved closer to Manhattan a few months after graduation since he changed jobs and Chloe - like me - was attending NYU so it made sense for her to move in with him.

"After dinner. School starts next week and he said tomorrow is the only time he has free."

I nodded and they sat on their stools and watched me cook while Nate went for a shower. Around a half hour later, I set the pot down on the kitchen table and all my guys looked at it hungrily.

"So tomorrow, I was thinking that we should all get together for our dinners. Everyone is going to be pretty busy with college when summer is over so we may as well go now." Nate commented after moaning on about how delicious the food was.

'Our dinners' was basically when everyone came together for a family gathering at a restaurant. It was me and my boys, Adam and Chloe, Cam, Chris and their daughter, Scarlett, Brandon and his girlfriend, Ash, Emily and their son, Hayden and Melanie. So it was a total of seventeen of us, and we always felt sorry for whichever restaurant we ended up going to.

Well, I did. Nate would always laugh at them.

"We'll just meet you there then. We'll grab some clothes with us and meet you tomorrow." Jace piped in.

I agreed and we finished up their meals, the boys bickering about all the food going so quickly. Adam came right on time and picked up the boys.

"Come in!" I scowled, urging him to sit for a while.

"I can't! Chloe has been at home for longer than she should have been. She'll kill me if I'm any later." He argued.

"Why didn't you bring her with you?"

"Uh... um, she felt sick." He replied, a look of confusion crossing his features.

"If she's sick then why are you allowing three boys to sleep over?" I asked, crossing my arms on my chest in a motherly manner.

"Who are you, my mother?" Adam said, rolling his eyes.

I would have replied with something like 'I wish I was a mother' but Nate was standing behind me and I didn't want him to feel like I wanted our relationship to move too quickly or else he'd probably run scared.

"How about you come over tomorrow?" I asked.

"After dinner?"

I nodded.

"I'll have to see."

Before I could protest anymore, he shut the door and yelled at my brothers to run into the escalator before I unleashed my wrath.

I rolled my eyes and turned around, facing an amused Nate.

I walked over to him and he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Looks like it's you and me tonight. I can feel the sexual tension." He said smugly.

I looked up at him and laughed.

"I feel nothing." I joked.

"If you feel nothing, then you're probably a robot or something." He shrugged.

Yep, over two years, Nate's narcissism only grew. It was a wonder his head could fit through the door. But of course, he didn't just think highly of himself, he thought highly of me too.

I cleaned up the dishes (still amazed by the dishwasher) and wiped down the bench top clean. When I finished, I had a quick shower and changed into my pyjamas, walking over to the lounge room where Nate was lying down, patting the seat next to him.

"It's your turn this week." He put his arm around me, pulling me towards him as I lay next to him.

"What did you pick last week?" I asked.

"Don't know, wasn't paying much attention to the movie." He asked, smirking suggestively at me.

I ducked my head in embarrassment as my cheeks reddened.

Nate and I still kept our Saturday night movie traditions. Some Saturday's we would actually watch the movie and other times... well Nate kept me occupied in another way. Except last week, I was the one who actually started kissing Nate first, which resulted in a lot of clothing removal and making out. We hadn't been naked though; I still stood by my decision of waiting until marriage.

"No need to be embarrassed, babe. I don't blame you for wanting me." He smirked.

I racked through my brain for a retort and fell short, opting for a quick 'shut up'.

Nate laughed and kissed my temple.

"I think it's cute that you love me." He grinned.

I rolled my eyes and took the remote off of him, searching through the saved movies on the smart TV.

"What genre do you feel like watching?" I asked him, skipping the sci-fi section.

"Whatever you feel like. I had my turn two weeks in a row; it's only fair you get whatever you want." One of the rare sweet Nate moments.

"You wouldn't object if I wanted to watch The Notebook?" I asked him, watching his expression from the corner of my eye.

His expression remained neutral and he shrugged.

"All yours tonight."

Wow, I really did get free range.

I hit the romantic comedy section, not really in the mood to cry and be teased by Nate. I settled for Jerry Maguire, putting the remote down and snuggling into Nate.

He kissed my forehead and circled his arm around my waist.

"I love you." He murmurmed affectionately.

That kind of moment was rare for Nate. The moment where he would look at me like I was some golden prize, like I was just it.

I smiled at him and leaned up to meet my lips with his.

"I love you, too."

He leaned back down and kissed me and from that moment, I knew we'd probably just catch quick glimpses of the movie.

***

My eyes fleeted open and I shut them again, wishing that I hadn't woken up at all. The years hadn't been good for me, I cherished my sleep. Especially during summer where I didn't have to live on a supply of coffee to keep me up, finishing off last minute college assignments.

This year would be my last year anyway, and after that, I was on my own.

Nate, however, skipped the whole college experience and whatnot, opening up a gym with his brothers. They ran programs and had elite boxers attending regularly. It was a very successful business. Hence Nate owning a penthouse.

I didn't completely rely on him though; I was employed as a part time worker with a catering business. And, I painted many artworks which would sell for around $5,000 each.

Anyway, so well, college was pretty busy for me. Which is why I hoped to always wake up at around noon during the summer but every day, I still happened to wake up at 8:30am.

I groaned and rubbed my free hand over my face, feeling restless.

The rest of my almost-naked body was in the arms of Nate, who seemed like he never wanted to let go. I think after 'watching' the movie last night, we continued things in bed and well, I was awake in my underwear. Seemed like things between us were getting even more heated each time.

"Nate." I mumbled, shaking him softly.

His eyes opened slowly and frowned.

"If it's any earlier than eight, I may just have to kill you." He grumbled, pulling me on top of him.

"It isn't." I grinned. "I just wanted to be set free."

He shut his eyes for a while and I thought he had fallen asleep, before opening them again.

"Yeah," He mumbled, his voice hoarse and nervous. "You should go brush your hair or something. I ran my hands through them too much last night, it seems like an animal died in it or something."

I rolled my eyes and tried to get off of him, but he pulled me back to him and crashed his lips onto mine, wasting no time in igniting last night's passion.

"Nate," I muttered, trying to stop the kissing. "I need to get up."

He suddenly had a nervous expression cross his features, but it was quickly covered with his usual confidence.

"Go brush the hair, babe." He smirked.

I rolled off of our bed and made my way to the ensuite.

"It doesn't look that bad," I called, making a face at my messy hair through the mirror.

"I exaggerate, babe. That's my thing. Just brush it anyway."

I rolled my eyes and picked up my brush, looking in the mirror to undo all of the tough, knotty spots. Something gleamed in my reflection and I squinted, looking for the shiny glow.

And that's when I felt it. I knew that I had felt different some way, like there was an addition to me or something. I dropped the brush and my mouth gaped open.

Sitting on my engagement finger was a diamond ring. I picked up my left hand, resting it on my right while I examined the gorgeous ring. The band held tiny, circular diamonds and sitting right in the centre was a big, circular diamond cut. It looked... wow. It was definitely expensive. And gorgeous. It was beautiful.

But then...

I was so caught up in the actual ring, that I forgot the significance of it. It was a diamond ring. And it was on my engagement finger.

I saw Nate standing behind me in my reflection and I turned around quickly. He was leaning against the door frame with his arms crossed against his chest, that trademark smirk sitting on his face.

"So, uh, marry me?" He asked.

I didn't get the speech. Not the one where he would say that I made him a better person, that I understood him and we were individually perfect for each other. He didn't get down on one knee or plan some extravagant way to propose. But, even though I didn't get any of these things, it was all so obvious.

The look in his eyes told me he loved me; that I did make him a better person and we were perfect for each other. And the whole getting down on one knee thing? The way he was standing suited him so much better.

This, for us, was the best proposal ever.

"Yes." I grinned, unable to stop my eyes from blurring. "Yes. Yes. Yes."

I kept saying it over and over again, my eyes filling with tears. Nate's smirk turned into an all-out grin as he left his stance and pulled me to him, crushing his lips onto mine.

Six Months Later

Considering the circumstances, I never, ever thought I would be getting married someday. If you would have told me a few years ago I'd be living in a penthouse with my fiancé, attending regular college classes I probably would have laughed in your face... and then cried at the mean joke. But I was stronger now. And certain events in my life were certainly different.

But today, well it was it. It was my wedding day.

Even if I had managed to come to terms with having a wedding, I'd probably assume it would be held in a recreation centre. But no.

Nate didn't have any interest in the wedding details like I did, but my choice on venue was something like the beach.

It was only one sunny morning where I had classes off and Nate was at work where Cam and Chloe appeared at my door, carrying a bunch of bridal magazines.

And at seeing one photo, I had my heart set on the Plaza for my venue. It was farfetched, I knew that. I even watched Bride Wars to get a gist of how it looked.

But, I had my heart set on it, even though I was on a five year waiting list.

But, one beautiful phone call had changed it all and my wedding was held in the Plaza.

"Rose, what time is Nate supposed to be at the alter?" Cam called, fixing the last touch-ups on her makeup.

"I told him to be there at six thirty but you never really know with him," I chuckled.

She snickered and adjusted her bridesmaid dress.

"That's in a half hour. You better put your dress on." She told me, turning to her daughter, Scarlett, to fix her worn out ringlets.

"He'll probably end up being late anyway," I joked.

"Dress. Now." She instructed, narrowing her eyes at me.

I shook my head in amusement at how easily motherhood was for her. I walked into my bridal room and undid all of the French buttons on my dress, dropping it carefully on the floor, in a doughnut shape.

I stepped in the middle of the circle and bent down, picking up the dress with me while looking in the mirror to make sure I had my sexy underwear in place properly before I lifted the dress up.

When the dress was covering me, I called in Chloe to help with the French buttons and making sure the rest of the dress was sitting on me right. And only then could I actually see how much of a bride I looked today.

My dress was - by orders of Cam and Chloe - a designer dress. I think his name was David Tutera or something. Nonetheless, the guy had made a gorgeous dress.

The white gown was strapless; a sweetheart cut glimmering in crystals on the edge of the heart-shaped cut. The seaming created a stellar silhouette through the bust, waist and hips, the material clinging to my body tightly. The overlay of the dress was lace, adding an opulent feel to it. The skirt, which was a subtle mermaid style, fluted from me at the end of my clinginess and formed a fluid, lace-edged hemline that trickled to a trailing train.

My hair was put in a wedding styled low, loose bun - very similar to Kirsten Stewart's hairstyle on her wedding day in Twilight.

I wore a pair of Swarovski teardrop earrings that perfectly suited the dress and matched it with a scrolling cut out bracelet that sat on my thin wrist.

My engagement ring was sitting on my finger which would be replaced today with a wedding ring.

My makeup was light as usual, Nate complaints about how he hated makeup kind of hinted at me to be soft with it.

My phone, sitting on the dressing table started buzzing really loudly and I looked over at it, surprised when Nate's name appeared on my screen.

I suddenly felt nervous, feeling that in an hour, he'd be my husband.

"H-hello?" I answered.

Were we even allowed to be speaking? What kind of tradition was this?

"Babe, I'm going to the alter now. The guests are here so there's no point in wasting time. Everyone's ready. So, hurry up, yeah?" He spoke.

He was already there?!

"How long do you need?"

"Well, I'm kind of already there. I'm so bored. Chris is waiting behind the doors for the bridesmaids so I can only really make conversation with the minister. And my parents. But my mum's crying too much, and my dad's comforting her."

"Nate, I can't just come down now-"

"Please? Come on, I've been waiting for almost three years for this moment. You're going to make me wait longer?" He whined.

I smiled ruefully and shook my head, even though he couldn't see me.

"Exactly, you've been waiting for a long time - you should be patient enough to wait a half hour and-"

"A half hour?! Are you kidding?"

I rolled my eyes and chuckled. Trust Nate to be complaining about this sort of thing on the most important day of our lives.

"Nate, I'll be down as soon as I can." I laughed.

"Rose-"

"I'll be the one in white," I sang before hanging up quickly.

I set the phone down and couldn't tear away from the stupid grin sitting on my face. I was no longer stuck in the honeymoon phase; I didn't know why I felt so love-struck. Maybe it was because it was my wedding day and honeymoon phase or not, I was happily committing myself to an eternal life with the man I loved.

"Nate?" Chloe asked, watching my smile fight in amusement.

"Yep. He wants me to come down now." I replied.

"Is he that eager to speed up the process for tonight?" She joked.

I blushed and shook my head. I guess it was kind of inevitable for everyone to know that Nate and I would be consummating our marriage tonight. Everyone knows that you make love on your wedding night and sex was a normal human-nature sort of thing, but it still felt awkward knowing that everyone would know our plans for tonight.

"No. He said he's bored." I replied, trying to keep composed.

I was nineteen and still blushing about the idea of sex. Whether it was innocence or immaturity, it was just plain annoying.

"Aw, we have the blushing bride." Chloe cooed.

I ignored her with an eye roll and stood up in my gown.

"Rose," Cam said, poking her head into the doorway, "It's time. Everyone is ready and we're not really doing anything. Let's go."

My heart stopped beating at 'it's time'.

I was nervous, to say the least. I think my stomach's reaction to hearing Nate confess his love for me seemed like a little flutter compared to my nervousness at the moment.

It wasn't like I was having cold feet or anything, but the last time I was put in front of a large crowd on show; I tripped over my own feet while collecting my diploma.

I stood up and nodded, holding my pastel coloured bouquet and making sure my veil was set in place.

My bridesmaids, Cam and Chloe, were walking down with Chris, Ash and Brandon. Cam's daughter and Ash's son were our flower boy and girl. I also had Adam walking my boys down the aisle to take their seats in the front row.

I couldn't form any more words anymore, despite how much I had wanted to say. I felt like everything was happening way too quickly - not in the cold feet way - but in the sense that the events of today flew by. I wanted to drink every moment in because I would never have a day like this again. But now, I didn't even know how I had managed to walk on my own two feet.

The girls established their positions and walked in front of me, while I lingered in tow.

This was it.

It was the only thought that I had registered.

Although Nate and I were practically a married couple, this would be tying the knot. This was me giving my all to him.

I wanted to drink every feature in as I walked to the hall. I wanted to remember my thoughts and feelings and just be content.

But even my delirious happiness couldn't overcome the complete and utter nervousness spreading through me.

We reached the empty hall where we would organise ourselves behind the door to start walking down the aisle and everyone stopped before opening the door.

Chris, the best man, and Ash and Brandon being the groomsmen had joined us at the front and found their partners. They turned around and looked at me, all sharing the same expression of wonder.

"Congratulations, Rose." Chris smiled.

My brothers walked over to me and all hugged me, while Adam kissed me quickly on the cheek.

"You look gorgeous," He murmured, smiling at me in a brotherly way.

I returned his smile with a nervous one and stood at the front of the line.

"Relax Rose, Nate isn't even nervous. You have nothing to worry about." Ashton said, noticing my state.

"What if I fall over?" I asked.

I didn't have a father to walk me down the aisle. I had asked my brothers to all walk me down, since they mattered most, but they all refused, saying the moment should be about me with no one else in the picture.

So, I was on my own.

And most likely to break my neck while I walked down.

"Okay. Let's do this." Adam grinned, opening the door.

I watched as they all walked down the aisle, making sure no one could see me. The Bridal Chorus began playing and I literally had to take in one moment to just make sure I was okay to walk.

I sucked in a huge breath and the workers muttered a good luck to me and then opened the double doors, allowing me to make my opening of my grand entrance.

As soon as the doors were open, it was like a confident woman had possessed my body, allowing me to walk swiftly down the aisle.

But I ignored that. I ignored it all, not even looking at the long planned arrangement of the flowers around of the Victorian styled, gorgeous room we were in.

My eyes were only on Nate's.

A hundred thoughts swept through me with every step I took.

I grinned broadly at him, his eyes screaming out his love for me while appreciating my dress code. My brain jumped back into the past as flashing memories swept before my eyes.

When I crashed into Nate in the hallway.

Knocking on my door to do our history assignment.

Helping me stand in heels when I tried on a dress.

Our time at the beach house.

Showing up after being evicted.

Confessing his love in the ice cream shop.

Kicking me out of his car.

Apologising profusely after our big fight.

Saving me from my parents.

Prom and Graduation.

Moving out of the pool house and into a penthouse.

His proposal.

And now, this. Our wedding.

Nate, being Nate, looked amazing. His hair was styled messily and he wore a crooked grin. Almost a smirk but not quite a smile.

He wore a black dress jacket with his bow tie unmade and slung around his collar. His white dress shirt was buttoned up and crisp white, his black pants tailored to fit him exactly right.

And just like Prom, despite being his own wedding, Nate was wearing a pair of flip flops instead of stellar Italian shoes. He seemed impatient with my long walk, probably regretting hiring such a big room. He took a few steps towards me and took my hand.

I placed my right hand in his palm while I handed Adam my bouquet. Nate lifted my veil from my face and leaned in for a quick kiss.

We walked towards the minister and in true Nate fashion, he slung his arm around my shoulder casually, as if he weren't about to commit himself to me.

"If you look about, " The minister began, "you will readily see what an extraordinary gathering we are. We all come from so many different times and places and moment from the lives of Nate, Rosalie and their family and friends. On this night, the story that we celebrate is the story of two amazing people who love each other, Nate and Rosalie. Tonight, you stand side by side as each other's best and truest friend and so it is we who are your family and friends in the presence of God and with open hearts now bear witness as you pledge your lives to each other."

While the minister was addressing us, Nate leaned towards me, his breath hot on my skin.

"You look beautiful." He murmured, sending me a sidewards sheepish grin.

I smiled in acknowledgement and thanked him quickly, focusing my attention back on the minster.

"Rose, if you'd like to begin with the vows please."

Oh, God. I hated public speaking. I was kind of dreading this moment for a long time. What if I fumbled my words up? I didn't write my vows down because... well as cheesy as it sounded, I wanted it to come from the heart.

Nate let his arm go and instead laced our fingers together so we stood opposite each other. I cleared my throat and felt my face heat up.

"When I first met you, three years ago, in the school hallway on my first day of school, I would have never, ever believed that in just a few years' time, I'd be making you my husband. But somehow, we fell in love. Despite my baggage, you stuck by me all the time and you took care of me. I'm not only grateful, but I'm in awe. You are amazing. It's as simple as that. And I promise to be the same Rose you've loved until the day I die."

He muttered something about me sounding cheesy and I rolled my eyes, carrying on.

"I may not always have the patience, or the tolerance to keep you on your toes. I may not make you dinner every night without arguments and I cannot promise that you will not be annoyed by me. I will only promise that I will remain the same Rose you met from day one. The one you fell in love with."

And that was my end. Nate smiled at me in wonder but there was a teasing glint in his eyes. During the planning process of the wedding, I swore I wouldn't be cheesy in my vows. But I guess he was right in the end. I sounded like a cheese ball.

"Nate?" The minister spoke.

Nate had promised to be quick with his vow.

"I love you."

Three words; yet so, so powerful.

People began laughing and Nate turned towards them.

"What?" He asked. "It's all I need to say."

Their murmured chatter quietened down and the hall was silent again. Nate removed his gaze from the audience and fixed it back on me.

"I don't need some elaborate speech to show you how much I love you. You know it. I f*cking love you. Oh shit! Sorry." He muttered to the amused minister. "Anyway. Rose, you know me. I don't do well with expressing myself. But you... you've given me all I could ever need. You cook for me, you take care of me, and you understand me. And f*ck, I didn't want to turn this stupid vow thing into an elaborate speech but now I sound like a girl. Listen, I love you. You are... it. You're my perfect picture."

And with that, he wrapped his arms around my waist and brought me towards him, smashing his lips to mine in what had to be the most passionate and loving kiss I've ever received from him.

He didn't need a speech. That kiss... well it said everything. We pulled away and everyone was staring at us adoringly while the minister watched us pull apart with amusement.

"Carry on." Nate smirked, talking to the minster, while he entwined our fingers together again.

"As you gaze upon each other's hands, know that these are the hands that will hold your children. These are the hands that will hold your family as one and these are the hands when old and wrinkled will still reach out to you - will still comfort you in every touch. If we could have the rings please." The minister spoke and both Nate and I turned to pick up the rings.

Cam handed me the ring I had for Nate while Chris handed his to Nate.

"Nate you'll go first. Repeat after me. With this ring, I thee wed."

Nate picked up my right hand and placed the ring on my finger. I wasn't even paying attention to the ring, my eyes were fixed on him and absorbing his every feature.

"I thee wed, with this ring." He smirked rebelliously.

Yeah, Nate was such a bad ass. He didn't copy the minister properly.

I held back my usual eye roll and smiled.

"Rosalie, your turn. With this ring, I thee wed."

I placed his ring on the finger, while I repeated after the minster accordingly.

"Since it is your intention to marry, join your right hands and declare your consent. Do you take Rosalie Turner to be your lawful wedded wife to have and behold from this day on, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, as long as you both shall live?"

"Hell yeah, I do." Nate grinned.

"Do you take Nate Sanders to be your lawful wedded husband, to have and behold from this day on, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, as long as you both shall live?"

"I do." I spoke with the utmost confidence.

"Family, friends, by the power vested in me, it is my honour and sweet delight to pronounce as and introduce for the very first time as husband and wife Mr. Nate and Rosalie Sanders. You may kiss the bride."

And Nate wasted no time in having his lips back onto mine, beseeching with complete and utter love. We pulled apart together and he rested his forehead on mine, kissing my lips again softly.

"Did you like my vow?" He asked, that same playful grin on his face.

"I loved it. It was so you." I laughed.

He winked at me and pecked me quickly.

"I'm so getting banged tonight." He smirked and before I could say anything, he laced our fingers together and raised them, unifying that we were now one.

Five Years Later

"Woah! Marriage really does make people pack on the pounds." Brandon smirked, walking inside my front door.

I glared at him and pushed him playfully.

"Shut up." I muttered. "I'll tell Nate to kill you."

He kept that same Sanders smirk on his face and shrugged.

"It's true, Rose. You used to be hot and now you're like, really fat. Is it the depression? Has it suddenly hit you that you're stuck with my brother for the rest of your life?" He feigned a sympathetic expression.

I narrowed my eyes at him and wished I had something near the door to throw at him.

"Shut up, Brandon. You should know better than to upset a pregnant woman." I muttered.

"Oh! You're pregnant! That makes sense..."

Instead of throwing something at him, Jace came to my rescue with a ball in his hand and pegged it at Brandon.

"Leave her alone, dude. She's not in the mood." Jace laughed.

"Aren't you supposed to be in class?"

"My classes don't start till eleven."

Brandon nodded and walked towards my living room where his nephews were watching TV. His nephews as in... my kids.

After the wedding and honeymoon, both Brandon and Ashton pulled me aside to tell me that Nate had wanted kids. Now. We never had the discussion since I was too afraid and Nate didn't seem like the type of guy who'd have a heart to heart so we were both oblivious with the topic. After finally bringing up the topic of children, Nate told me he indeed did want kids. He was twenty two and I was twenty, however that didn't stop us.

Completely (and stupidly) forgetting that twins ran in my family, I was surprised when I fell pregnant with two boys. Nine months later and I was the happiest mother in the world.

Nate and I had moved out of our penthouse and into a large one story home. The land was huge so we managed a playroom/cinema, five bedrooms and four bathrooms. And of course, Nate had built his mini gym behind the pool where he took his sons, Daniel and Andy, to train.

"Hey guys!" Brandon grinned, running into the room like the fun uncle he was.

Both boys took a few moments to turn around and nod at their uncle in acknowledgement.

Yep, they were so their dad.

Brandon turned around and smirked at me.

"It's as if I'm talking to Nate. They don't even pay attention." He complained, slumping onto the couch.

"They do pay attention, just not to bitches like you."

That didn't come from me.

I turned around and saw Nate standing in the hallway, his arms crossed over his chest, his body drenched in sweat.

"You're taking the day off? Nate, it's your turn today!" Brandon whined.

"I'm not staying the whole day! They're inducing Rose today, you really expect me to stay at work?"

"Didn't think a douche like you would actually care." Brandon shrugged.

The three Sanders brothers took turns every day on being manager. So Nate was only working two days a week, sometimes three. But it was ideal. And I still helped out in catering when I could, and I was also on contract with many businesses for artworks.

Together, we had an excellent income.

Jace was in college now too - so he had moved out of the house when he turned eighteen and took the twins with him to live in an apartment near campus. I didn't want them to go but Jace said it was time I had a proper life without having to take care of them.

I still saw them every day, though. I just missed them regardless.

"Mum, what's a douche?" Andy asked me.

I turned to Nate and Brandon and glared.

"So help me God, I will kill you if my boys turn out to swear as much as you two."

Nate smirked and feigned innocence.

"It's not my fault. They just look up to their dad so much."

And that's when I felt water. Water everywhere. It wasn't really water, but that didn't matter. It was just a liquid, gliding down my jeans and making a mess on the floor.

Oh God! I was three weeks early and they were only inducing me because I had another set of twins on the way. But this was natural. This was all happening natural, just like last time.

I felt myself grin broadly and then it turned to a grimace, memories of my painful birth rushing back to my. Daniel and Andy had really gotten me to work during their birth. I had prepared myself with reading books, attending classes, watching birthing videos... but nothing had prepared me for the world of pain I was in.

"Rose?" I could hear Nate's distant voice.

I presumed he was in the middle of grinning and grimacing as well. Last time, he was adamant on coming inside with me during the birth and I could imagine it was not a pretty picture. Despite how much he swore that it was the best experience, I couldn't believe he would want to come inside with me again.

I looked up and saw him smiling down at me; that rare, full toothed smile that made my heart stop for just one moment.

And then there was that oh so familiar pain.

"Nate!" I groaned, clutching my lower stomach. "It's happening. Oh God, Nate, we need to go!"

We had already planned that I was going to be induced tonight anyway, which was why we had our bags all ready and set up at the door. Except... I was supposed to have everyone come over today before I had the baby.

My brothers were still in school (I hoped) and my kids weren't with Adam and Chloe yet... I hadn't even been able to spend the day with Melanie and Hayden!

Nate bent down and wrapped his arms around my shoulder, supporting most of my weight.

"God, you weigh a ton! Have you been eating the babies or something?" He groaned, walking me towards the door while Jace and Brandon stared at me, shocked.

I doubt they've ever seen a woman's water break. Last time I had just woken up to Nate telling me my water had broken.

"Shut up!" I yelled, pulling the tops of his hair.

They always made fun of my weight while I was pregnant. I had Nate train me after having the boys to get me back to my original form but I knew they were anxious for me to be pregnant again so they could tease me.

Nate chuckled and removed my grasp from his hair.

"I'm only messing around, babe. Calm down." He laughed.

It's not that the contractions hurt a lot - it was just the idea of knowing how much they were going to hurt afterwards. I knew that in the end it'd all be worth it, but right now, all I could think about was having to squeeze two babies out of me.

Nate yelled out something to Jace and Brandon and led me to the car. He tried to buckle me in the front seat but I slapped his hand away, yelling I could do it on my own. He chuckled and slid into the front seat, Brandon coming out to hand us the hospital bags.

"Wait, wait. What about Daniel and Andy? I can't leave my kids by themselves!" I remembered.

God, I had forgotten my own kids. Well, they were noticeably quiet. I was the idiot - how could I leave my kids by themselves, regardless if they made their presence obvious or not?

"Relax, Rose," Brandon chuckled. "Jace is going to keep them with him until Adam comes by and can pick them up. They're in good hands."

I moaned loudly, both at the pain and the idea of my kids being left with their uncle.

"Please keep them safe." I begged.

He rolled his eyes and shut my door.

"Those boys are exactly like their dad. They can take care of themselves."

Worry etched onto my features and before I could protest, Nate was speeding down the road and on his way to the hospital.

"How are you feeling?" He asked, his brows creased in concern.

This was the only time he actually would show this kind of emotion - during my birthing.

"Good." I replied. "The contractions are frequent and longer so this is definitely it."

He nodded and gulped heavily.

"Is this different to when you had the Braxton Hicks?" He asked.

Nate, surprisingly, had read about pregnancy and birthing and the baby almost as much as I had. I had never known just how eager he was to have his own kids.

"Definitely." I nodded.

A few minutes later, and Nate had burst through the door in the hospital while I watched him through the front seat in the car. I only waited a few seconds before he ran back out the door with a wheelchair and helped me in.

The contractions were closer together now and lasted way longer, and much, much more painful.

"I hate you!" I cried. "I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you-"

"Come on, Rose." He had that Sanders smirk. "You enjoyed the sex just as much as I did."

Even though I was in the middle of labour, I still managed a blush. And then went back to yelling at him.

He went to the front desk and told the lady that I had scheduled an appointment to be induced tonight and instead was having the baby now. My private room was available and they wheeled me off towards it, calling my midwife all while I yelled at Nate.

They made me change into a white gown and lie down on the bed.

"Why?" I groaned. "Why can't we just be seahorses? Life would be much easier."

Nate frowned at me, a mix of confusion and amusement crossing his features.

"Because the male seahorse carries the baby." I explained.

He laughed loudly and sat on the bed next to me, kissing my temple.

"I love you." He smiled.

I was in no mood to tell him that even though he was causing me so much pain right now, I still loved him to death too.

The midwife came in and checked to see how many centimetres I had dilated, and was shocked when she saw I was ready.

This was a really quick labour.

"Okay, Rose, you're ten centimetres. I'm going to need you to start pushing." She spoke soothingly, yet there was authority in her voice.

She lifted my legs and put them in the leg holders.

"No!" I yelled. "I can't push."

My face was sweaty and tears were dropping endlessly down my face.

"Yes! Homerun!"

I turned to see Nate sitting on the chair beside the bed, a remote in his hand as he watched the Yankees baseball game on the TV.

I glared at him with all my might and he quickly turned the TV off, rushing to my side.

"F*ck, you're scary when you're pregnant." He muttered, taking a hold of my hand.

"Rose, I need you to start now. One, two, three! Push!"

With all my might, every strength that I had, I pushed. I pushed my heart out, wanting nothing more than for this pain to end and to hold my babies in my arms, their tiny fingers encircling around my finger.

"Good, you're doing well! The head is crowning." The midwife praised. "Again. One, two, three. Push!"

And I repeated it.

Again, and again until I heard that sweet, sweet sound of a babies cry.

"It's a boy." She smiled.

My heart stopped. I couldn't think of anything or anyone else except for this one child. My child. My beautiful boy who I carried in me.

His cry was like music to my ears; the reality of my struggles appearing to me, my body telling me that every single type of pain I went through was worth it. I would do it a million times again just to hear that cry.

I looked towards Nate and he was glassy eyed, looking at his son and back at me like I was the most precious thing to him.

"You did well." He smiled, lifting my hand up to kiss it.

The midwife and nurse cleaned up my son and handed him to me, my maternal instincts immediately kicking in. I cried when he was in my arms, my heart aching at the thought of anything happening to this little boy.

And then, there was sudden pain.

I yelled loudly and my son was taken out of my arms, Nate taking a hold of him and handing him to the nurse.

"Looks like these twins will be minutes apart." She said, putting a new set of gloves back on and taking position.

"Rose, you'll have to start pushing." She told me, looking at me like I was some sort of soldier.

I shook my head vehemently, shutting my eyes.

"I can't push any more. I honestly can't" I cried.

"Rose, you need to-"

"Shut up, Nate!" I yelled, furious tears rolling down my cheeks.

I was just so tired. I couldn't imagine having to push out a second child right now. I was too exhausted, it was impossible.

"Rose-"

"Nate, I can't." I replied weakly.

"Hey, hey, look at me. Stop it. You're going to give birth and you're going to do it now because we have our child in there. You will do it and it will be painful, but I promise you it will all be worth it." He muttered quickly, kissing my hands.

"I can't do it, Nate. Please, you do it for me. Just have the baby for me."

He chuckled loudly and shook his head.

"I would never wish to do that. You're the mother." He grinned. "Suck it up, princess."

And that's when I heard a crack. It wasn't loud, and in the middle of my pain from the baby, the cries from my son, the midwife yelling and Nate's laugh, I had just barely heard the sound.

"Oh, f*ck!" Nate yelled, ripping his hand from out of my grasp and pressing it towards him.

...I think I may have just broken his hand.

"Rose, you need to push! This isn't healthy for the baby. Go!"

I looked towards Nate and he reluctantly walked to the other side of the bed so I could clasp his other hand during the process.

And then I did it all over again.

The pushing, and yelling and squeezing of Nate's hand. And when it was over, I remembered that it was all worth it. I heard the cry and without needing to be told, I knew I had just given birth to a baby girl.

"It's a girl!" The midwife announced proudly, handing her to the nurse to get her cleaned up.

I looked up at Nate and saw him wearing a dumbfounded expression. Nate had wanted me to give birth to boys when I had Andy and Daniel; however, he was desperate for a girl. And now that he had one, he couldn't be happier.

"It's a girl." He smiled, leaning down and meeting my lips with his.

"Thank you, Rose. Thank you so much." He muttered, leaning his forehead against mine.

I was about to reply when I felt a contraction. I screamed from the pain and the midwife turned around, frowning at me.

"Are you okay?" She asked, rushing over to me.

I shook my head fervently, knowing this pain all too well.

"There's another baby." I muttered, feeling myself give up from exhaustion.

Nate froze and looked down at me.

"But... they said we were having twins. Not triplets." He frowned.

"Nate, there's another baby along the w-" I was cut off by my own scream.

"Okay, okay, Rose, looks like there's another one that was hiding in the ultrasounds. Sorry, but we're going to have to do this again."

And after a lot of protesting, bantering, yelling, squeezing and pushing, I gave birth to another baby girl.

"Okay, enough!" Nate yelled when all the babies had been taken for cleaning. "This uterus is closed. No more babies. Finished for today." He spoke.

I laughed, using every ounce of energy left in me and shrugged.

"I can't believe we didn't know we were having triplets."

"I can't believe we have triplets! Rose, you're twenty five and I'm twenty seven. And we have five kids. Already. Oh God, I'm never going to sleep again." He began pacing around the room, running a hand through his hair.

"Well you worry about that while I sleep. I think I deserve it." I mumbled, already half asleep.

He rushed to my bed and stroked my hair.

"Thank you, Rose. And I'm sorry you had to experience that. I swear, five is enough. We don't need to have more."

I shrugged and gave him a half smile.

"I wouldn't mind doing this again some time."

And before Nate could protest, all lights were out.

***

"That's Savannah and that's Arielle but we haven't decided on his name yet." I heard Nate say in the midst of my awakening.

My eyes fluttered open and saw that my room was full. Like everyone was here.

The Sanders with their wives and kids, Adam with Chloe and their daughters, Cam and Chris with their kids, my two boys with Jace, Liam and Mike.

And then, what Nate was saying came back to me, and I frowned.

"They're here?" I asked. "Give them to me, please."

Everyone looked over at me and smiled.

I hadn't held any of my daughters yet. I was ecstatic learning the news of my daughters. I think it was every mothers dream to have a girl (or in my case, girls) to spend their time with.

Yeah, I had Nate and as much as I loved him, his guy-ish opinions were frustrating.

I noticed that his right hand had bandages around it and remembered how I had heard a crack during my birthing. Looks like I had actually caused some damage there.

"This is Savannah," Nate spoke, handing down my first daughter, "And this is Arielle. Look at them, Rose. They're beautiful. They look exactly like you. Gorgeous."

I smiled and pressed my palm against my nose to stop the tears. Nate noticed this and laughed, kissing me softly.

"Who decided on those names?" I asked, remembering the names he had just chosen.

"Me." Nate said proudly, crossing his arms over his chest.

"We never even discussed those names."

"Babe, we didn't have to. I want those names, and we're having those names." He smirked.

"Nate!"

"Shh, you'll wake up the kids." He said, still smirking.

Before I could protest, I felt one of my girls stir in my arms and I was brought back to reality. This was the first time I was holding my girls. They slept in my arms peacefully and wiggled around. I felt my eyes begin to burn at knowing these were my kids. Mine.

"Where's my son?" I asked blinking back my tears.

He had been the first one I gave birth to and I held him, knowing that these kids were the greatest things in my life. It was now my job to protect them from everything.

"He's with me," Melanie - Nate's mother -

smiled, coming towards my bed and taking the girls off of me and handing me my son.

"Congratulations, b*tch." Hayden spoke, smiling at Nate.

"Mum, what's a bitch?" Daniel asked.

I narrowed my eyes at my father in law and he shrugged innocently, stepping back and blending in the crowd.

"His name is Isaac. Isaac Sanders. Sounds good." I murmured, looking at Nate.

He smiled down at me and nodded.

"I'll let you have that. Only because you just pushed three humans out of you. Under any other circumstances, I'd never let you choose." He agreed.

"Really? Because I'm pretty sure I can change the girls name as soon as I want. I like Renee. And Sienna. Lyndsy is pretty, too."

"We can leave those names for the other kids to come."

Nate had made it very clear that he wanted a big family.

"What?" I frowned, looking at him with a dumbfounded expression. "I thought we were stopping at five!"

He shrugged casually and sat on the edge of my bed, slinging his arm around my shoulder and kissed my temple.

"It's not my fault you enjoy the sex so much."

Before I could make my protests clear, everyone was shouting at Nate for using that sort of language around their kids. I had almost forgotten at what a large crowd I had.

"Oh, shut up!" He yelled. "All the kids are going to turn out like their fathers anyway; I wouldn't be surprised if they start swearing from now."

Everyone glared at him - well, more like the women, while the men just silently agreed.

"I'm doomed if any of our boys have my attitude. I can't handle having a conversation with my brothers, let alone someone exactly like me." Nate said, lying down on the bed next to me.

"They already have your attitude. I tried greeting Daniel and Andy this morning and they brushed me off. And look at the scowl on Isaac's face already. God help you, Rose. You married the wrong man." Brandon spoke with that Sanders smug look.

I looked over at Nate and mentally disagreed. He was so, so right. He balanced me perfectly and had turned around my life completely.

All it took was to bump into him in the school's hallway.

I looked at Daniel and Andy, who were quietly speaking with each other, and then at Isaac.

"I don't think so," I murmured, shaking my head. "He's not perfect but he's mine."

"Aw, don't go all soft on me now, Rose. I feel like you're expecting me to say something nice in return." Nate whined.

Everyone laughed, all in tune, and watched Nate and I banter in amusement.

This... well, this was perfection.

-----------------------------------

Authors Note:

This is it. The end. No more. Finished.

Depression begins.

Not really, but yeah, this is sad. You guys don't understand how sad I am for this story to be ending. That I don't have to stress over needing to update for all you guys.

But, everything needs an ending, right? I'm being so melodramatic right now lol, it's just a bittersweet moment. Happy that I'm finished, sad that its over.

School holidays are coming up soon, it's the last two weeks, and I'm so glad that STMF is finished because I have SOOO much work to do that I haven't even started. World class procrastinator right here :D

Monsters University came out in the movies and I want to watch it so bad!!! But I have to wait...

Okay, now back to the ending... There was a lot that happened.

The proposal? How'd you guys like it? It was sooo Nate, right?

And then the wedding? When Nate couldn't even hold on for a half hour to see Rose. The vows?

And after that was the kids and birthing part. I think that was my favourite part. I myself want to have twelve kids and I think I'm maternal already so yeah, writing that scene was my favourite part.

Anyone want to give their opinion on those parts?

Now to the spin off! So... The next story will be about Liam and Mikes life. There will always be Rose and Nate in it because I can't get enough of them but yeah :p

But this story won't be in Liam and Mikes POV, rather an outsider who meets the boys. And plus, Liam and Mike were practically raised with Nate and something tells me they will have his attitude...

I can tell you that it's not going to be a long story, maybe 100 pages on Wattpad, and it will be set in College rather than High School.

So... That's the spin off. Would you guys be interested in it?

Now... I just want to say thank you. Thank you guys so much for the votes, comments, reads, fans (or follows now) and yeah. Even all you silent readers out there, you guys are still thanked!

Seriously, without you, there is no me. Well, there is me... Just without STMF.

This would be the third story I complete, but this is the first to be on wattpad. Would you guys be interested in me putting up my previous ones?

Again, thank you so, so much. As a treat, I decided to put up a great photo. Thats Ian Somerhalder for you. You guys should all enjoy it XD

So I all urge you guys to read the VA series. So freakishly good it's unbelievable! Richelle Mead is an amazing author!

So... Back to the usual. I appreciate and love every comment to every single chapter. All the votes are appreciated and even the reads and fans.

Being the very last chapter, can everyone please comment? Just as an overall, what you thought of it sort of thing. Please?

Now for the last time...

Vote, comment, fan.

Farewell xx