Chapter Twenty Eight

Chapter 28

Rosalie's POV -

Once the door had opened, I could of felt like looking at myself and giving me a look that just said 'how stupid can you be?' Because really, I was so, incredibly stupid. I had a bunch of ideas, swirling in my mind as to what Nate could get me. And what might be in a garage.

But, I had essentially missed the complete obvious. It was a garage. And what gets placed into a garage?

"You got me a car?" I asked incredulously, my eyes widening.

"Yeah," Nate smirked; acting like a car was the most nonchalant present. "But I have to teach you how to drive first so you can't exactly use it yet."

"You got me a car?" I repeated, grinning like the joker.

"Electric blue 2013 model of the Mazda6." He nodded, grinning proudly. "This baby is equipped with a standard 3.7 litre, V6, 272 horsepower engine that can achieve 18-mpg in the city and 27-mpg on the highway. It's a sports car so if I ever wanted to take it for a spin, I wouldn't look too girly."

If I was able to form coherent words, I would thank Nate immensely, right after I would tell him that everything that he had just said was basically gibberish to me. I didn't even have my license and he expected me to understand everything he just said?

"It's a car!" I exclaimed, pointing dumbly at the blue vehicle in front of me.

Although I couldn't exactly appreciate the whole horsepower and V-whatever thing that Nate had explained so proudly, I definitely appreciated the fact that Nate had gotten me a car.

"Are you blind?" He scoffed.

I fought the urge to roll my eyes - and that's only because he had just given me a present - Nate was still going on about the whole blind thing?

"Bullshit!" I heard a deep male voice yell, startling me.

"I come back from college and barely get a hello and you get her a car?" The same voice yelled.

I turned around and saw a guy that looked about twenty, his features wildly resembling Nate's. He had Nate's brown hair and eyes and looked to be just a bit shorter than Nate. And of course, just like every Sanders family member, he was unbelievably attractive.

"Brandon, when I came to visit you in California you barely even spared a glance in my direction." Nate smirked.

Brandon yelled and attempted to say something, but it seemed that he was in a state of shock and he had become tongue-tied.

"I bought you a boat!" He finally yelled.

You know all those times where I'm thankful that I didn't have something in my mouth so I wouldn't have spat it out from shock? Well this time, I wasn't so lucky. I was so shocked from the fact that Brandon bought his brother a boat that the water I had currently been drinking was on the concrete of the garage floor.

I felt my cheeks heat up into flames as the two brothers stopped arguing and faced my direction, both sharing the same smirk. Finally, I looked up to meet Nate's gaze who was laughing at me in amusement.

"He bought you a boat?" I asked incredulously.

Was I just that pathetic or was it really ostentatious to buy someone a boat?

"Not really a boat," Nate mused. "More like a yacht."

And this time, I was allowed to be thankful that I had set my glass of water down.

"A yacht?" I exclaimed loudly.

"Why is she so shocked?" Brandon frowned, turning to his brother and speaking about me as if I wasn't right in front of him.

"She used to be poor." Nate shrugged, answering casually.

Was that true? I never actually thought of myself being not poor. I just thought that I was now under the care of a wealthy family but it never changed my personal wealth in having zero money that belonged to me. Sure I had a bank account where I received more money than what I needed but it wasn't my money so therefore, I never considered myself as being... rich.

I frowned at Nate, looking at him in thought. Did he not understand that none of his family's money was mine? Or... was it that he was embarrassed to tell his brother that he was dating someone who could barely afford to put a roof over her head.

"So you haven't given her extravagant gifts yet?" Brandon asked, oblivious to my thoughtful stare.

"What kind of gift do you call this then?" I answered, cutting Nate off from whatever response he was about to give.

"She speaks." Brandon smirked.

"Brandon, this is Rose, my girlfriend. Rose, Brandon." Nate introduced us, rolling his eyes in the process.

"Nice to finally meet you," He smirked, nodding his head towards Nate for whatever reason.

Nate just chuckled and nodded his head in response, walking over towards me and wrapping a firm arm around my waist.

"I told you she was hot." He smirked proudly.

Brandon nodded again, his eyes on me intently. I suddenly felt small and timid under his gaze, so I averted my eyes beside me to Nate.

"You called me hot?" I asked Nate, raising my brows.

"Well I couldn't exactly call you beautiful. I do have pride you know." He muttered softly so his brother wouldn't hear.

"What's so bad about beautiful?" I frowned.

He kissed my temple and shrugged.

"Kind of girly. It's not a word a guy uses to describe a girl."

I nodded apprehensively and turned back to Brandon who was admiring the car, walking around it and randomly whistling.

Suddenly, Nate sighed loudly, looking frustrated.

"Stop making me feel guilty!" He abruptly yelled at me. "I didn't do anything wrong!"

Both Brandon and I frowned at Nate, wondering what the hell he was going on about.

"Fine! Brandon, this girl here, Rose, she is beautiful. Absolutely stunning." He said loudly.

Brandon stood in his place, not moving an inch, his mouth gaped open with an amused twinkle gleaming in his eyes.

"Never thought I'd hear you say that about a girl." Brandon smirked teasingly.

"Stop acting like Dad." Nate muttered, averting his gaze.

"Since when did you go all soft?" Brandon laughed.

This was Nate soft? Randomly telling me he loved me and then not letting me say it back. Snapping at me over the phone because I was worried that he was in a jail cell. Telling me to shut up all the time. That was supposed to be Nate when he was soft?

"And anyway," Brandon continued, sitting on the hood of the car. "You're worse than dad."

"I haven't surpassed the master." Nate said, and then smirked evilly. "Yet."

"C'mon, you were the one that relentlessly teased dad when he bought mum a flower on Valentine's Day." Brandon pointed, laughing in memory.

Nate teased his father for getting his mother a flower? I looked up at Nate in shock, but I kind of should have expected it. I mean, Nate was pretty distant with his feelings sometimes.

"That's because dad was being soft on mum." Nate shrugged nonchalantly.

"Just like you're soft with Rose?" Brandon smiled smugly.

This time, both Nate and I scoffed simultaneously. We looked at each other and Nate rolled his eyes, turning back to a smug looking Brandon.

"I am not soft on her." Nate stated defensively.

If I knew how to raise one eyebrow, now would definitely be the time to do so. Not because I didn't believe Nate, but because he was so adamant on getting his brother to believe him. Why was it so important that in front of Ash and Brandon, Nate had to be not so attached with me? Not that it bothered me, but it was curiosity.

"Rose, come here." Brandon said, using his index finger to point for me to come to him.

Hesitantly, I left Nate's slung arm and walked over to Brandon. He stared at me intently before quickly snapping out of whatever daze he was in, a smirk replacing the lost distant look he had. His head started coming towards mine and before I could protest, his mouth was near my ear.

"If you can get Nate to give you his car keys right now, I will never prank you."

"Prank me?" I asked confusedly.

"I'm a compulsive prankster, but if you could get Nate's prized possession, you will never have to worry about being my victim."

"His car keys?"

"I know Nate is soft on you, I want to see just how soft he is on you." Brandon mused.

Now I was curious. If Brandon is saying that Nate's prized possession were his car keys, if I could get that off of him, would that mean that he definetly did care about me? I wasn't scared that he didn't love me or anything because... well, duh; look at what we've been through. But I just want to know how far I could get with him.

I smirked amusedly to myself and muttered a quick 'deal' to Brandon before walking back to Nate. The first thing I did was wrap my arms around his neck and embraced him in a long hug before I stepped on my toes and kissed Nate softly on the lips.

"Thank you for the present." I smiled. "I love it."

Nate looked flustered and confused at the same time, making his hardened mask façade fade into a cute little boy.

"What did Brandon tell you?" He asked suspiciously.

I followed Nate's suspicious gaze to Brandon who stood in his spot, crossing his arms with a plastered smirk.

"He asked me to sell him the car. I obviously said no." I replied, quickly coming up with a lie.

I was thankful when Nate didn't suspect anything, instead he yelled at Brandon for asking me to sell him my car. I could see that Brandon fought to look shameless rather than burst out laughing.

Suddenly, I did a little bob-jump thing in my place, as if I had just remembered something.

"I just remembered that I left my wallet in your car, I have a card in there that I really need. Can I have your keys?" I asked naturally, as if I didn't have a motive during the part of asking him for his keys.

"No." Nate scoffed, as if it were the most ridiculous question.

"Why not?" I frowned, pulling an innocent look.

"No one touches my keys. I can't believe I haven't told you that rule before." He commented, no traces of suspicion on his face.

"But, it's just keys." I shrugged.

"Keys that unlock the beautiful machine that has number one priority in my life." He said quickly, narrowing his eyes at my lacking interest and care for his keys.

"Please?" I asked, my face close enough so that my breath tickled his face.

Before Nate could react, I wrapped my arms around his neck and began toying with the hair at the nape of his neck.

"Please?" I repeated again, pressing my body against his as I let my fingers play with his unnaturally soft hair.

Nate just stood frozen, staring at me in pure shock, conflicting emotions on his face.

"Rose..."

I plucked up the courage to stand on my toes again and pressed my lips softly against his. I could feel the lust in Nate's lips, he clearly wanted to make the kiss deeper, but I pulled away too soon.

"I really need my wallet." I widened my eyes to give off an innocent look.

I watched in amusement as he had an internal battle with himself, random emotions coming up onto his flawless features and thank God, suspicion was never evident. Finally, I recognised the feature of Nate giving in and I grinned happily.

"Fine." He groaned, reaching into his pockets and handing me his keys.

I did an internal happy dance, and turned around, smirking at a shock-stricken Brandon.

"I once offered you twenty thousand dollars just to borrow your car and you declined. And she barely seduces you and you give her your keys!" Brandon shouted in astonishment.

I laughed and rolled my eyes at his dramatics.

"Unless you put on a dress and look like Rose, you're never getting my car." Nate smirked.

"You are so soft on her!" Brandon exclaimed loudly. "All the boys are going to have a fieldtrip with teasing you for this."

I thought I would see regret cross Nate's features, or something along those lines, but I was really surprised when I looked up and found that he probably looked like he couldn't care less.

"Maybe so," Nate shrugged, a smug smile reaching his lips. "But at the end of the day, I'm the one with the girl."

***

"Can I take it off now?" I pleaded again.

"You're more impatient than your brothers." Nate grumbled.

"I feel like I've had this on for two hours!" I exclaimed.

"It's been two minutes," He said, deadpanned.

After Nate had kicked Brandon out of the garage, he explained to me that he bribed some guy into giving me my license but that he wouldn't let me on the road by myself until I learnt how to drive. Apparently, he was going to take me for lessons.

Nate and I, in one car, while he tried to teach me how to drive. With his impatience, I don't know how soon it would be until he would give up on me and just call an instructor. Which, by the way, I happened to suggest before he gave me a blank look and told me to shut up.

And now, he told me it was time to show me present number two, and for this, he was dead set on blindfolding me.

"Are we there yet?" I complained.

"Yep. Now, you can take it off." I could hear the smirk in his voice.

Quickly, I pulled my hand up and ripped the blindfold off, before a gasp escaped my lips.

Nate had... well; I was standing in a room. It wasn't in the pool house because I would have known if there were other trick rooms or anything. But from where I was standing, this room was just outside of the pool house, almost an extension room, or a really big shed. Except, this was no shed at all.

Nate had built me an art room. It was absolutely, amazingly gorgeous. This room had see-through windows, giving a view that overlooked the small waterfall in the garden that Melanie had worked so hard on. The other side of the wall had a view that overlooked the pool. And inside the room, well, it was my dream.

There were countless of canvases set up everywhere, paper also hung on boards, surrounded by paint palettes that contained every singly colour. The floors were big, shiny white tiles, reflecting everything that was gorgeously sitting in the room.

"Remember that lesson we had in Art?" Nate's soft voice spoke, so close to me. "Well, you told me that this was your favourite thing to do if you ever had time. And now you have time. So I've provided a space for you."

I wanted to reply but you know those moments where you open your mouth up to speak but all that comes out is a small squeaky sound, resulting from your speechlessness? Yeah, you could pretty much sum up my actions into that category.

Nate's smirk was full of amusement as he watched me examine the room; the long paint brushes, the bunch of aprons that were hung, thousands of papers lined up behind each other, colour pastel, the canvases ranging from different sizes.

"I love you so much." I murmured, smiling at Nate.

He looked taken aback, his smirk turning into an outstretched grin.

"Good job, you actually sounded sincere this time." Nate remarked.

I frowned, and turned to face him.

"Sincere?" I questioned.

"Come on, as if I'd believe that someone could actually love me, the way you do. Have you met me?" He raised his brows, pointing towards him.

I couldn't believe that the cocky and arrogant jerk that I grew to love was doubtful about himself. Nate had... insecurities? I was so shocked I actually began to laugh. Nate scowled at me, and I stopped immediately, realising that he was actually trying to have a serious conversation. And then, I felt a pang in my chest.

The man that I love didn't actually believe he was capable of making someone fall for him?

"Are you joking?" I asked, completely confused.

Nate shot a scowl towards me and I breathed in a huge sigh.

He wasn't joking.

"Can you think of someone who you befriended and then rejected you?" I asked him, confidence seething through me.

"No, but-"

"So shut up." I was surprised by my sudden bluntness.

Yes, Nate was really rubbing off on me.

"Excuse me?" Nate asked in shock, a hint of amusement flashing like lights in his eyes.

"You're a wonderful person. You're capable of making anyone love you and the proof is standing before you. I love you, Nate. And not cause you provided me with a place to stay or that you bought me a car or that you're extremely hot and downright the most attractive person I have ever met, but because you're you."

Nate stayed silent for a while, just boring his eyes into mine, his lips pursed before he finally pulled them into his million dollar smirk.

"It's cause I'm hot," He winked.

Now that he was in his teasing mood again and I didn't have the upper hand, I felt embarrassed at what I said. I think the best scenario right now would be having the shiny white tiles remove themselves so that the floor could swallow me up.

"Shut up." I mumbled softly, averting me gaze to the floor.

He laughed and wrapped his arm around my neck, pulling me to him as he pressed a lingering kiss on my temple.

"So you like it?" He asked, his voice hopeful.

"I'm in love with it already," I grinned.

"More than me?" He smirked.

I faked a gasp and shook my head vigorously.

"Never!"

***

"Any plans for today?" Chloe slid beside me in the cafeteria.

"Yep." I grinned. "Adam's coming over."

"My Adam?" She asked in surprise.

Her Adam? What was that supposed to mean?

"If your Adam is Adam Fuller then yes, your Adam." I nodded.

She had a look of surprise and anger mixed together. Did she not want me to hang out with him?

"Chloe are you alright?"

She looked at me and the same mixtures of feelings were still evident on her face. I didn't exactly know how to feel at this point. She looked like she wanted to kill me with her eyes. At the moment, she was probably tearing my head off while laughing humorlessly.

"Oh, it's not you." Chloe immediately piped loudly, her squeaky voice making me jump a fraction. "It's just that he told me he had work all day when I suggested we hang out. I wouldn't have a problem with him being with you. But I do have a problem when someone lies to me."

I felt like I could breathe properly again. I had become so worried that Chloe would somehow be jealous and start a huge argument but after knowing her for five months, I should know that it really wasn't an act in her nature.

"Excuse me while I go and yell at him." Chloe said, sliding away from me.

I watched her retreating figure as she stood through the doorway of the cafeteria and pulled out her cell.

"Any plans for today?"

I hadn't even noticed Cam sit next to me, so I kind of choked on my food from surprise.

"Good grief, you're exactly like Chloe!" I exclaimed.

She gave me a look that I understood too well. It basically said 'you're a moron'.

"We are twins, you know." She laughed hesitantly.

I was about to explain myself and tell her that what I said isn't exactly what I meant. But then, that would just be too confusing to explain, so I would let Cam think I'm stupid.

"Anyhow, yes I do have plans; Adam is coming to hang out with me." I grinned.

She frowned immediately, and a look of suspicion crossed her features, before rage replaced them.

"But Chloe told me that Adam said he had work all day today!" She yelled.

It was like déjà vu all over again.

"Yes, I know and-"

Apparently pregnancy didn't do too well with patience, because Cam was already standing up.

"Excuse me while I go yell at him!" She muttered, already storming away with her phone in her hands, dialling furiously.

Okay, that was just freaky. She said the exact same thing as her sister!

So, once again, I sat at my table alone and continued to eat my lunch. This time, I actually noticed when Chris came my way and sat next to me, a grin outstretched onto his features.

"Any plans for today?"

So it wasn't just a twin thing? Seriously, was that the catch phrase of the century or what?

Instead of answering him like a normal human being, I stared at him flatly. This couldn't just be some coincidence. They had to have planned this or something because this kind of thing has never happened with them.

"Did I offend you or something?" He asked with a confused frown.

I sighed, giving up.

"No, you didn't offend me. And yes, I have plans with Adam today."

I swear if he said-

"But Cam told me that Chloe said Adam had work all day today!" He shouted.

Just as he was about to get up, I put my hand on his shoulder in an attempt to keep him sitting on the bench.

"Don't bother trying to call him. Chloe and Cam are already on it." I informed him.

He scoffed and shook his head, softly removing my hand from his shoulder.

"Call him? I'm going down to the bastard's office and giving him a piece of my mind!"

And with that, he had stormed off in the direction of the student parking lot. I swear, if I had one more person ask me the same question-

"Any plans for today?"

"No! I have no plans!" I screamed in frustration.

The whole cafeteria went quiet and everyone's eyes were on mine. Even with a bunch of student wearing the same uniform, all staring at me, my gaze was able to take me to the tall figure of Nate who was looking at me with a smirk full of amusement as he was ordering his food.

"Um, I was asking him." A girl in front of me said, pointing to the guy beside her who was looking at me as if I had belonged in the mental institution.

I felt my face flame up as I watched everyone either smirk or frown at me. I ducked my head and wished that I had let my hair out today, just so I could have a curtain cover my embarrassed-stricken face.

Slowly, everyone went back to talking again and I cautiously lifted my head up, only to see Nate sitting opposite of me as he struggled not to laugh.

"So asking you about your plans for today is off the list, right?"

"That's because you already know what I'm doing today." I muttered.

His face hardened and he nodded, no hint of amusement left.

"Make sure you call me as soon as he leaves so I can come home."

I couldn't believe that Nate detested Adam so much that he refused to be on the same property as him, and instead he made plans to go to the gym with Ashton, Brandon and Chris until Adam left. I definitely wanted to make peace between the two, except the only problem was, I didn't exactly know how.

I already knew Nate wouldn't listen to me. I've kind of accepted that fact in our relationship, so I didn't know how I could lock them in a room together or anything without being in big trouble.

"And make sure he doesn't touch any of my stuff or else I'd have to burn it." He continued.

I nodded and continued to eat my lunch silently as Nate continued his listing of 'and make sure he doesn't...'

The bell rang and Nate and I parted our ways and went to class. I was supposed to have Chris with me during this lesson but since he ditched me to go beat up Adam, I was all alone.

I situated myself at the back of the class since I didn't really know everyone. Even though I had been at this school for five months, I never really became friends with anyone after finding my gang of four.

A guy named Mark smiled at me when he walked into class and sat in the seat next to me which was usually reserved by Chris.

I looked at him with suspicion as he turned his body to be facing mine. And I already knew what he was going to say before he opened his mouth.

"Any plans for today?"

Oh joy.

------------------------------------

Authors Note:

Hey hey! :D it's been a while *looks around shamefully*

BUT! I have an excuse! You know how I went on a holiday? Yeah...

Anyways, last chapter I said this was going to be a heavy chapter with a cliffhanger or something but because of the way last chapter ended, I couldn't do it this chapter.

I was supposed to upload Friday night but I made the mistake of watching The Vampire Diaries first. And if anyone watched it, they'd understand why I would be physically and emotionally unable to do anything afterwards. I fell asleep right after it finished because I was just that depressed. The moment still haunts me :'(

Anywho, because this is sorta late, I've put up a sneak peek of next chappie! :D

Here it is! :D

-----------------------------------

Chapter 29

Rosalie's POV -

My hands were sweaty and my breath was hitching, and I willed myself to put one leg forward and then the other. Everything in me was numb. I couldn't cry, or yell or scream or even ask for help.

I must have just looked like an emotionless robot as I continued to register in my brain how to walk. If walking was hard, then talking was definitely a mission. I ignored everyone around me and just kept putting one foot forward, never looking back.

I couldn't believe this was happening. This wasn't real. It couldn't be. I should have known though. I should have known that I wasn't the happy-go-lucky girl that had everything go her way.

I should have known that something like this was going to happen. Because, I had a pretty good run, nothing bad going on in my life.

And now? I was asking myself how to breathe. How to walk. How to say something, because at this point, I definitely needed help.

The worst thing imaginable was happening. And when you see it in movies, you think 'how sad, but everything will be okay in the end'. But I couldn't think that.

Because I didn't know. I had no idea how to continue my life from this point. I wished I could have another sort of pain being inflicted on me now.

Having my father whipping me would have been a breeze compared to this whole burning through my heart.

I should have known.

48 Hours Earlier

----------------------------------

Anyone have any guesses on what's happening? And this chapter was the last light hearted chapter, next chapter (as you can see) is getting back into the plot with a bang!

Vote, comment and fan.

Farewell xx