Chapter Twenty Nine

Chapter 29

Rosalie's POV -

My hands were sweaty and my breath was hitching, and I willed myself to put one leg forward and then the other. Everything in me was numb. I couldn't cry, or yell or scream or even ask for help.

I must have just looked like an emotionless robot as I continued to register in my brain how to walk. If walking was hard, then talking was definitely a mission. I ignored everyone around me and just kept putting one foot forward, never looking back.

I couldn't believe this was happening. This wasn't real. It couldn't be. I should have known though. I should have known that I wasn't the happy-go-lucky girl that had everything go her way.

I should have known that something like this was going to happen. Because, I had a pretty good run, nothing bad going on in my life.

And now? I was asking myself how to breathe. How to walk. How to say something, because at this point, I definitely needed help.

The worst thing imaginable was happening. And when you see it in movies, you think 'how sad, but everything will be okay in the end'. But I couldn't think that.

Because I didn't know. I had no idea how to continue my life from this point. I wished I could have another sort of pain being inflicted on me now.

Having my father whipping me would have been a breeze compared to this whole burning through my heart.

I should have known.

48 Hours Earlier

"Rose!" Adam grinned like the Cheshire cat, his arms open wide, ready to embrace me in a hug.

I, on the other hand, had one hand placed on my hip while the other was placed on the doorframe as I raised my brows curtly, waiting for a reaction.

"Okay..." Adam muttered awkwardly, placing his hands down. "I thought when you called to hang out, you actually wanted to hang out. Not give me that look."

"I've gotten a lot of crap for hanging out with you today." I stated brusquely.

Okay, so wrong choice of words, but whatever. I hadn't gotten a lot of crap, per se. But I did suffer an endless amount of questions. And guess what they were? Ding-ding! Right, the infinite question of: Any plans for today?

I was seriously considering ripping my hair out from both frustration and embarrassment. I couldn't believe I had lashed out for no reason! Most of them really don't know me and for those who actually may have wanted to approach me in the near-distant future, I'm sure their new plan was to retreat whenever they were within my presence.

And honestly? I don't blame them. I acted crazy and on impulse, and in a prestigious school like that where everyone was wildly mature (except for Nate and at times the twins), I probably must have looked like a ridiculous outsider on scholarship. Which, is exactly what I kind of was. But, I didn't have to act it.

"Crap? Why?" I fought a smile as Adam's voice went pitchy.

Yep, he was definitely nervous.

"You never received a phone call from Chloe? Or Camilla? Or received a few hits from Chris?" I prompted.

Adam's expression turned knowing and I knew straight away he knew what I was talking about.

"I lied for a good reason!" He yelped, startling me.

"Mmm," I mumbled sarcastically. "I'm sure you did."

He had the rare look of sincere annoyance plastered onto his features and I kind of felt bad for him. This guy was good. He was more than good, he was absolutely amazing. He helped me through thick and thin, and here I was, ostracizing him about a teeny, tiny lie. Who knows, perhaps it was a white lie?

"Do you uh, want to come in?" I mumbled, fumbling with getting my finger out of a whole where it had gotten caught.

In the process of trying to remove my finger, I almost tripped over, if it hadn't been for Adam's quick reflexes, I definetly would have been groaning from pain. Adam caught me around the waist, his hands wrapping around me as he steadied my body.

I began to laugh as I watched the amused glint in Adam's eye, but a shadow from afar stopped me from bursting into laughter. I saw Nate standing at the door of the main house, looking at the embrace Adam had me in, complete and utter anger radiating in his eyes.

He was definetly pissed off. As quick as I could, I brought my hands to Adam's and removed them from my waist, all while I kept my eyes on Nate, as if I were watching his every movement, afraid of what he might do.

"Nate-" I began, but as usual, he cut me off.

"Don't mind me," He said icily. "Just came to get something. Go back to whatever you were doing."

"Nate-"

"I'll see you later, Rose." He spoke with finality, shutting the door of the main house loudly.

I felt a little sick, like any hunger or thoughts about anything had now been placed in the back of my mind where my brain didn't venture to, and now it solely focused on getting Nate to believe that in that moment where he saw Adam with his arms around my waist, it was completely innocent.

"Um, will you excuse me for a moment," I mumbled numbly, walking towards the main house.

Adam poked out his arm, blocking me from my path.

"Leave him, he's pissed that he saw me, he's pissed that you like me, and he's pissed that I was touching you, even if it was completely innocent. Let him cool off and approach him after." Adam reasoned.

I so desperately wanted to walk into the main house and assure Nate that the moment he saw me and Adam in was innocent, that there was nothing to it, that Adam couldn't just merely let me fall to the floor. I wanted to let him know that he was my boyfriend and I harboured no romantic feelings towards Adam. But, Adam was right.

If I approached Nate now and tried to reason with him, he probably wouldn't even let me get in a word before he said something himself which would tick me off. And then both of us would be unhappy with each other and I didn't want that. So instead, I nodded my head and walked back into the pool house with Adam.

He shut the door and led me towards the couch and turned the TV on.

"Oh, come on, don't look so glum!" Adam commented with a grin, randomly jumping on the couch Tom Cruise style.

"I barely get to see you now and when I do, you're yearning to be with your other half!" He continued when I didn't reply.

Repressing a sigh, I turned to him and made an effort to smile.

"I'm not yearning for Nate to be with me right now," I muttered embarrassingly. "I just don't want him to be angry with me."

"I'm in the same boat!" He grinned, like he was proud. "Chloe is pissed with me. Like I was surprised she didn't build a portal to travel through my phone and rip my head off."

Oh, right. His other half was currently angry with him as well. Oh well, at least I wasn't alone in the miserableness. Except... Adam didn't look miserable; he was actually looking far from it, like he was pleased to have gotten into a fight with Chloe.

"Adam," I spoke sceptically, "What was your reason for lying to Chloe?"

He grinned like the Cheshire cat and suddenly looked amused, glad that I had asked him the question. He jumped into a sitting position next to me on the couch, his eyes gleaming with proudness.

"I wanted to see if she would get jealous!" He burst with excitement.

I'm not a violent person, except at that very moment, I had no control over how my hand had reacted. I slapped Adam, hard mind you, on the arm and he flinched slightly. I don't know if I actually had hurt him or he was just humouring me, but I felt like I needed to let that out.

"You idiot!" I yelled. "She loves you and you just let her get angry with you?"

He didn't seem fazed by my outburst.

"Yep!" The fool was still grinning.

Frowning, I sighed in exasperation, wanting to bang my head against something. Maybe the wall... or maybe Nate's chest. They would both have the same effect.

"She wasn't even angry at you from jealousy," I told him knowingly. "She was angry that you had lied about what you were doing."

"So she's keeping tabs on me." Still grinning.

"No," I replied sharply. "She asked me what I was doing today and I told her I had plans with you. No jealousy, no keeping tabs on you."

His face transformed into one full of smugness into one with complete fear.

"Shit! So she's pissed for no good reason!" He announced, getting up with a startle.

I was going to tell him that there shouldn't ever even be a reason to have your partner pissed at you, but he looked like he had more troubled problems.

"I need to call her!" He was walking around quickly, worrisome written all over his face.

If he wasn't so freaked out, I would have laughed in amusement, but despite how stupid he was, I still kind of felt bad for him.

"Well call her!" I yelled, struggling not to laugh.

He nodded his head and pulled out his phone.

"Right!"

He pulled out his phone and was about to start dialling before the boys came out, rushing from the games room, running towards Adam.

"You're here!" The twins yelled, wrapping their arms around his legs.

And just like the goldfish he was, he completely forgot about his worries for getting Chloe to forgive him and threw his phone onto the couch, embracing the twins in a hug.

"My favourite boys!" Adam grinned, tousling their hair.

"Hey, Adam." Jace greeted.

I could tell that Jace wanted to envelop Adam into a hug as well, but with puberty and all that hitting him, he probably didn't want to seem like a 'loser'.

"Jace!" Adam greeted in delight. "Hug me!"

I could tell that Adam was thinking the exact same thing as me about Jace, and he was just teasing.

"No thanks." Jace replied coolly.

Adam smirked mischievously and put the twins down slowly, before taking a huge leap and grabbing Jace, bear-tackling him to the ground. I don't think Adam realised he was probably a half-breed of a giant, because my God, he was really tall. Like even a little taller than Nate and he was already tall enough. Adam had just totally forgotten about getting Chloe to forgive him but as Adam focused more of his attention onto the boys, my anxiety in regards to Nate grew.

I finally snapped and decided to text him, at lease he wouldn't be physically talking to me, right? It would just be a message, nothing he could get too angry about.

Finally I decided on a short and sweet text.

Me: Hi :)

My reply came too quick.

Nate: I hate texts.

I felt myself sigh. Not from relief, but from exasperation.

Me: Are you angry with me?

Nate: Yes.

Me: Can we talk about it?

Nate: No.

I frowned.

Me: Why not?

Nate: Don't need to justify myself to you.

Now the sinking feeling was back. Why wasn't Nate listening to me?

Me: Please? You can't just hate me.

Nate: I can try.

I felt my eyes begin to water and I felt like ripping my hair out. My heart was beating a mile per second and I needed something right now. A stress ball. A sound-proof room. Something. I was just about to send another text message before another came to me.

Nate: You must be doing something to me if I felt guilty sending that message. I don't hate you, I'm not going to try and hate you. I'm still very much in love with you. But you're not off the hook yet. I'll talk to you later.

And that's all I needed for everything building within me to gleefully implore out of my system. It really was like a ton of bricks being lifted from my shoulders.

Me: I love you. See you soon :)

I smiled goofily at my screen before my phone was suddenly ripped out of my hands.

"If I'm without my other half, then you should be too." Adam frowned, however an amused smile played on his lips.

I nodded, feeling like I could agree to anything. Nate didn't hate me. He was going to talk to me. Now that I thought about it, it seemed pretty juvenile to think that he would hate me without explanation.

I think, at that moment, I was definition for feeling on top of the World.

44 Hours Earlier

"You're kicking me out?" Adam asked, putting on an act of sadness.

In reality, I saw that he texted Chloe and she wanted to see him; I was merely helping out cupid.

"Yes, now leave." I smirked.

"That guy has really changed you." Adam frowned, tilting his head as if he were examining me.

With Adam saying that, it kind of struck me. I've definitely noticed the changes within me. I wasn't exactly the damsel in distress anymore; I've grown stronger, more confident and well, free. And it may have been with the turn of events of not having so much stress on me anymore, or it may be because of Nate, but I definitely liked my change.

I know that Nate has noticed my change too; he told me so when we were at Six Flags. But I guess when you don't see someone for a long time; you can easily pinpoint the changes.

"Do you hate the change?" I asked Adam after a moment of silence.

"No," He smirked, that same examining expression still glued to his face. "I think it suits you."

"Most people don't like change. Especially within other people." I pointed out.

"I know, and it's true. If someone changes, it should be for the better. They could have an improved attitude or something. But for the worse? It's terrible. It makes you think 'how could I have ever liked this person'. But you, you changed for the better. You're stronger, a better aura."

I smiled and felt, well, sort of touched. Even though that sounded extra corny and cheesy.

"Aura?" I laughed.

"Well, I'm no Adrian Ivashkov, but yeah."

Rolling my eyes, I proceeded to push Adam out of my front door, all the way to his car.

"Thanks for coming today." I smiled. "I really needed your presence."

I was really grateful to have Adam in my life. Although everyone in my life seems to carry that teasing aspect within them, Adam was just different. He made everything somehow better. Like a big brother brushing away all your worries.

"The pleasure was all mine." He smiled in return, and carried me into a big bear hug that I couldn't seem to escape from.

I giggled, slapping his shoulder.

"Adam, let go of me!" I shrieked loudly.

He continued to chuckle, and in that moment he reminded me exactly like a bear. One of those cute bears that go to the picnic to steal honey.

"You've had your hands on my girlfriend enough for today. Let go." Uh oh.

Nate was home.

Immediately, I was dropped and I turned around to see a scowling Nate. His fists were clenched and I swear, his look could have killed. I turned back to Adam and saw him facing Nate with a blank stare. He wasn't being rude or anything, just showing no emotion... which, yeah, could be considered rude.

Adam rolled his eyes, and then turned back to me, embracing me in a quick hug before getting into his car.

"I'll see you on Wednesday." He smiled.

"What's Wednesday?" I asked, confused.

"We're going to the mall. All of us. That includes you, Nate. No matter how much you hate me."

Nate opened his mouth to retort, but Adam was already speeding out of the driveway. When his car was out of sight, I plucked up the courage to turn around and face Nate. His eyes were on me the entire time.

"Nate-"

"I get it. I caught you guys both in inconvenient moments. He's like a brother. You only love me." He spoke emotionlessly.

"Are you being sarcastic?"

I couldn't tell.

"Yes. And no. Listen, I know you love him-"

"But not how I love you." I argued.

I just had to have Nate understand that he was the person that I was in love with. I may love Adam, but it was completely brotherly, just how I loved Jace, Liam and Mike.

"I'm just jealous." He shrugged. "The guy that I detest had his hands on you. Like a filthy rat running all over prestigious pearls. I'm jealous, and I got angry."

Wow. That was all I could think. Nate just continued to surprise me. I never, ever thought that this talk would have been as easy as it seemed to be going. This was so unlike Nate.

"I'm not apologizing to you, though." He said, smugness radiating from him.

Okay, so that was very much like him.

38 Hours Earlier

Incessant knocking on the front door awoke me, making me automatically hate the person who was knocking on the door. Except for Hayden. And Melanie. I wasn't allowed to hate my sort-of in laws, they were just too nice.

It was four freaking o'clock in the morning. It wasn't even natural for anyone to be awake at this time! As usual, I had my mini pyjama shorts on with a singlet, so I quickly grabbed my satin robe and tied it around my waist, grumbling to myself as I walked from my bedroom to the front door.

My money was on Nate being at the door. He always did stupid things like this. But when I reached the front, I realised, Nate had an even stupider brother. Well, brothers. Ashton and Brandon were standing at my door, grinning mischievously.

I opened the door, trying to put on a nice face, but I probably ended up looking like an idiot. When I was thinking of curses and I tried to mask niceness, it never worked out.

"Hello boys." I mumbled, monotone.

"Hi!" They grinned, greeting me simultaneously.

They just stood there, grinning like crazy as they watched me scrutinize them.

"Can I help you?" I asked, oh so desperate that they'd say no and let me go get my precious sleep.

I hadn't fallen asleep until three in the morning because Nate didn't get out of my bed till that time. Instead, we laid in my bed, just talking. And then when he started to feel sleepy, he said he was going to the main house to go to sleep. I subtly suggested that he just spend the night in my bed. He just chuckled and then mumbled something about how his bed was more comfortable and that I was welcome to go crawl into his bed.

So, I basically had one hours' worth of sleep before continuous banging started on my door.

"We were bored." They continued to speak in synchronisation.

"And how can I help you?" I replied dryly.

They hesitated for a moment before Ashton nudged Brandon.

"She won't get offended. She's cool. Just ask her." Ashton subtly (sense the sarcasm) whispered to Brandon.

Tell me what?

"We- uh... we wanted to play in your games room."

"This isn't my property. You can come in at any time and you guys all have keys. You didn't need to wake me up." I groaned.

I should have probably mentioned that they have an even bigger games room in their main house. Why weren't they there instead?

"Nate sort of threated to chop off our di-" A nudge from Ashton made Brandon change his choice of word; "our private parts off if we ever came in here without your permission." Brandon smiled sheepishly.

"But it's okay for you to wake me up at four in the morning?" I grumbled.

They looked at each other with confusion.

"It's four in the morning?" Ashton asked.

"When the hell did it get to four?" Brandon frowned.

I was so going to kill them when I was sane and properly awake.

"Ashton, Brandon, it is four in the morning." I emphasized.

I felt like screaming. Or crying. Or both.

"Oh, well then, I'll see you tomorrow. I told Emily I would be at her house by twelve, I guess we lost track of time." Ashton shrugged, walking away.

"Lost track of time doing what?" I asked Brandon as Ash walked away.

"We were skydiving." He replied nonchalantly.

If it was anyone else saying that to me, I would have laughed and never believed them. But these guys were the Sanders boys. They were capable of anything.

Even if it was skydiving in the middle of the night.

30 Hours Earlier

"You look tired." Nate commented when we walked into History.

I only saw him this morning today, but because I had awoken, I wasn't exactly really tired. But now, as fourth period started, I was struggling keeping my eyes open.

"Your fault." I grumbled, sliding my feet to my seat.

He chuckled and pulled out his seat next to me.

"My brothers woke you up at four in the morning and you're blaming me?" He asked.

Brandon must have told Nate about his mistake this morning. I think it sounded better coming from him rather than me snitching on the boys. I found it cute that Nate's older brothers were a little intimidated by him.

"If you hadn't kept me up till three, I would have been more prepared." I replied.

"Prepared for my brothers to be knocking on your front door at four in the morning?" He raised an eyebrow.

I completely ignored his remark because I was too enthralled by his one eyebrow thing. He noticed me watching, and chuckled, pressing a kiss to my forehead.

"Someday," His smiled, his eyes boring into mine, "I will teach you how to raise an eyebrow. And it till look sexy."

I felt myself blush under his gaze. I don't know how long we stayed staring at each other, but the teacher walking into class interrupted us, and that's when we both realised that nearly the whole class had been watching our little exchange.

I blushed from all the attention and prayed that the teacher would make an announcement so that everyone would turn away.

"Has he told you he loves you?" A girl named Angela asked.

This was a first. No one other than our group of five ever asked or commented on my relationship with Nate.

"Yes." I replied. "Why?"

"Because it is so obvious. I have never seen him look at a girl the way he does you. You're pretty lucky; girls have wanted him since forever." She smiled.

"Lucky me, I have him now." I replied softly.

"How did you win him over?" She asked curiously.

"It's a long story. Maybe one day, I'll write a book about it." I joked.

"It would be one awesome book."

28 Hours Earlier

"Boys, it's twelve o'clock. You have school tomorrow, go to bed." I groaned for the millionth time.

I didn't really mind if they went to sleep now or not, it was just that I was so tired and I wouldn't allow myself to go to sleep if they weren't in bed. It was one of my many OCD traits.

"But I'm not tired." Liam shrugged.

"Well I am." I told him, stretching to reach the remote from out of his grasp.

"Then you go to bed." Mike replied smugly.

"If you go to bed, I'll take you to the cinemas." I bribed, knowing it would work.

The twins simultaneously rolled their eyes and both flicked their hair from out of their eyes, turning their heads towards me.

"You do realise we could go to the main house cinemas whenever we wanted to, right?" Mike smirked.

"No, you cannot, because you never ended up finishing your homework today." I scolded.

After everything these boys have been through, I wanted them to enjoy the newfound more-or-less wealth. I wanted them to be happy. But not spoiled. I needed them to continue to maintain the same behaviour they have exhibited since birth. This meant I would still receive smartass comments and witty phrases. I'd also have to endure battling with them over many things.

Such as going to bed.

"It's not even due tomorrow." Liam shrugged.

Sometimes I felt like I was battling with a teenager and not two five year old twins. It was amusing.

"You both sit at your desk and finish your homework or you go to bed. But you will not sit down at twelve o'clock and watch TV. Choose." I stated firmly.

"Ooh." They rolled their eyes. "An ultimatum."

Ultimatum? Seriously? They were five! Where on Earth did they learn to speak like this!?

"Fine. You are both banned from the games room for a week." I crossed my arms over my chest, showing definiteness.

They both shot up from the couch and ran to their rooms, shouting a loud goodnight.

I smirked in achievement and locked the front door, and all the windows before curling up into bed.

18 Hours Earlier

I walked down the school hallway and made a right turn to the Library. It was lunch time now, but I preferred to finish off my essay instead so I would be able to go to my art sanctuary when I was home. We received our midterm results back today and I was pleased to know that I scored within the top twenty percent of my cohort.

The only problem was, I didn't know what to do when I finished school. And if I found a dream profession, I couldn't exactly go to college and study there when I had my brothers to look after. I could go to community college, that would be easier, but even so, I didn't know what I wanted to do.

So, all I would do is continue to study hard, finish all assignments and homework on time, and keep my head above water, getting good results.

Nate received his results too. He didn't do too well. But it was written across his face, he couldn't care less. I asked him why he didn't study, because I knew that he would do well if he had just studied, but he never did so. He shrugged and said that what he wanted to do when he got out of this 'hell-hole' had nothing to do with these subjects. But he didn't tell me what he wanted to do.

I found an empty table at the back of the Library and went straight to it, setting down my laptop and my books. My phone in my pocket began to vibrate and I saw that it was Nate calling me.

"Hey," I answered.

"Where are you?" Straight to the point.

"I'm finishing off my essay so I have time to go to the mall with everyone." I replied.

"We're not actually going, are we?" He asked.

"Well everyone is going. Chris, the twins, Adam, even your brothers. And my boys want to go so I'm going to take them." I said.

"Fine, you go. I'm not coming." He muttered curtly.

"Well, why not?" I asked.

"Do I really need to tell you?"

"Please?"

"Why do you want me to even come? I'll just be a burden, constantly complaining that I want to go home." He grumbled.

"Nate I don't think of you like that and you know it. I enjoy your presence. Please." I tried.

The line went silent for a few moments before he finally grumbled a quick 'fine'. I grinned gleefully and thanked him.

"It'll be fun, you watch!" I grinned.

"I hate phones. Bye." And with that, he hung up.

Eh, I was pretty used to having him hang up on me anyway.

I put my phone down and successfully finished off my essay, also having time to proof read it and edit it over twice. Once I was finished, I had ten minutes to spare so I grabbed my History book out and completed the homework, meaning that tonight I would only need to finish off my Legal homework and then I would be up to date with everything.

My phone vibrated next to me and I picked it up and noticed it was a text from Adam.

Adam: Which movie do you want to watch when we go to the mall?

Me: What are my options?

Adam: Hansel and Gretel? Flight? Les Miserables? A Good Day to Die Hard?

Me: Hansel and Gretel. The boys want to go see that.

Adam: Which boys? The Sanders or the Turners?

Me: Both.

Adam: Okay. See you tomorrow then.

And just on time, the bell rang.

10 Hours Earlier

I felt soft lips being pressed against my cheek slowly; sending tingles of excitement soar through me. I opened my eyes, and found that Nate had stayed the night with me.

"Morning, beautiful." He smiled.

He seemed to be in a good mood. Usually when I would say good morning to him, it was answered with a grumble of 'whatever' or 'really? Is it a good morning?' I lifted my body up to press my lips against his.

"Morning, handsome." I returned his smile.

Nate used his hands to press my shoulders back onto the mattress and laid me down flat before he proceeded to crush his lips against mine, kissing me both sensually and ferociously. I returned his kiss with as much passion as he, and his hands began to roam around, ranging from my almost-bare legs, to underneath my singlet. Just as his hands kept sliding up, someone clearing their throat made us spring apart.

We turned around and saw that Ashton and Brandon were standing at my door, both had their arms crossed against their chests as they smirked.

"Sorry for the interruption," Brandon laughed teasingly. "But we wanted to know what time you wanted us to be ready today?"

Oh, right. We were all going to the mall today. We organised that we'd come home from school, shower, change our clothes and meet in front of the cinemas at around four thirty.

"We're coming home after school, so get dressed when we come." Nate muttered, shooting a cold look towards his brothers.

"And," Nate continued. "I'm going to chop off both of your di-"

"Nate!" I scolded, my eyes widening.

"They came in without permission!" He cried.

"Actually," Ashton striked the Sanders smirk, "Jace let me in."

I just wanted the boys to leave. I felt so embarrassed that they had caught me and their brother making out in my bed. When things were getting heated too! Plus, I didn't have on much clothing, so Nate was covering me with his body since the blanket was on the floor.

"Leave. You got your response." Nate muttered brusquely.

"Actually," Brandon mused, tilting his head to the side. "I was beginning to enjoy the view."

"Out!" Nate roared angrily.

Both the brothers didn't seem fazed by Nate's anger, but Brandon's comment had me blushing in embarrassment, ducking my head. I heard the boy's chuckle before it soon turned into a distant sound.

"Do they always come in here?" Nate asked, pulling my body from under him.

"Not always. Sometimes they come and spend time with my boys in the games room, or they'll help them out with homework." I answered.

"But I'm here almost all the time, how come I never see them?" Nate frowned.

"When you're at the gym, most of the time. Or that one incident at four in the morning." Now that it had happened, it was actually funny that they had come knocking on my door at four.

"I'm still pissed at them for that you know." Nate said.

"For coming here at four?"

"No," He scoffed, rolling his eyes, "For not telling me that they were going skydiving. I would have gone with them."

2 Hours Earlier

"That movie was awe-some!" Liam grinned, jumping up and down in his spot.

I laughed at his eagerness and nodded my head.

"It was pretty good." I smiled.

"Oh please," Jace scoffed. "You and your boyfriend weren't even paying attention."

I blushed and rolled my eyes. At one point during the movie, Nate began roaming his hands around, sending tingles to burst through me. I tried to ignore him, knowing that he was doing it on purpose, and that we had people around us, and I continued to watch the movie. But, because Nate and I had grabbed a loveseat, he had abruptly scooped me up so that I was almost straddling him, and kissed me furiously.

As soon as I had remembered exactly where we were and what we were doing, I pulled away and noticed that Jace had a sly grin.

"It happened once and it wasn't my fault." I grumbled.

"Hey, you kissed me back," Nate smirked.

He had his hand in mine, entwining our fingers and once in a while, using his thumb to brush over my skin.

"I did not!" I lied, feeling heat rising to my cheeks.

"Yeah, you did." Nate, Chris, Cam, Chloe, Adam, Brandon, Ashton and Emily all grinned, defying me simultaneously.

Had everyone seen my moment of weakness? How embarrassing.

"You're such a jerk." I muttered towards Nate.

He smirked and winked.

"I was just continuing what we were doing this morning."

And then the blush was back.

Once we finished from school, we all went home, showered and changed our clothes. Nate was in a pair of jeans and a black V-neck while I wore a plain black maxi dress with a light denim jacket. Nate had whistled when I came out of my room, smirking and saying that the dress clung to my body. The reason I wore a long dress was so no skin would show and now apparently, it had clung to my body.

Once we arrived, we agreed we would go straight to the cinemas and eat afterwards. It was now seven and we didn't want to stay too long. Plus, everyone still wanted to do shopping.

"Are we going to eat now?" Mike grumbled, holding his stomach dramatically.

"Yes, we're going to the food court." I replied.

Once we got there, we sought out a table that would fit twelve people. We didn't find anything, obviously, so we let the boys know what we wanted to eat and they went and made our orders while all the girls dragged the tables together.

"Rose," Liam whined. "I need to go to the bathroom."

That was why he was jumping up and down.

"Can't you hold it in?" I asked.

I received a flat look instead.

"I need to go too." Mike complained.

"Just take them, I'll stay here." Jace said.

I nodded and told the girls I was taking the boys to the bathroom. They nodded and I took the twins' hands and took them to the toilet. I didn't feel good about letting them go inside by themselves to the boy's toilet... I should have brought Jace to go inside with them...

"I'm not going to the girl's toilet!" Mike protested after I suggested it.

"Then you can go to the disabled ones." I stated.

They nodded and went to open the door, but it was locked.

"Rose," They whined. "We really, really need to go!" They continued to jump up and down.

"Fine." I mumbled. "Go to the boys toilets."

They grinned in achievement and went inside. It would be fine, anyway. I was standing right outside. And if I needed to check up on them, I had no problem with waltzing inside. I didn't care that people would scowl, they were my boys. I pulled out my phone and saw that I had a message from Nate.

Nate: Hurry up; your food will get cold.

Me: I'm waiting for the boys. I'll be there as soon as possible.

Nate: There's something wrong with Jace. He looks like he's seen a ghost.

I frowned. What would make Jace seem like he's seen a ghost?

Me: I'll be there soon.

I knocked on the door to the boys toilet, opening it slightly just so my voice could radiate.

"Boys?"

"Yeah?"

"Be quick, your food is getting cold."

"Almost finished."

I shut the door and stood back against the wall, anxiously waiting for them to come out. Finally, the door opened and Mike came through.

"Where's Liam?" I frowned.

"He already came out." He answered.

My heart stopped.

"No he didn't. Where is he?" I wasn't in the mood for their jokes.

"Rose, I'm not kidding! He should have been out two minutes ago."

Maybe he came out while I was texting Nate and didn't notice? I felt my heart race, and my palms became sweaty. Immediately, my eyes began to water.

"Michael," I stated, using his full name. "Do not joke around with me. Where is Liam?"

"I don't know!" He whined, becoming frustrated. "He told me he was coming out and I heard the door open! I thought he was with you."

There was sincerity in his voice. I always knew when they were mucking about, trying to play jokes on me. But this was no joke. Mike really didn't know where his brother was, and I didn't either. I grabbed Mike's hand and sauntered into the boy's bathroom, not a care in the world on who saw me. I called for Liam, shouting his name out loudly, even though it was a little space. I received no answer.

I exited the bathroom and began shouting Liam's name, hoping to God that he had just wandered off and that he'd return back to me.

I brought out my phone and called Nate, keeping my eyes on the surroundings at all times.

"Rose, where are you?" He answered.

"I-is Liam with you?" My voice was shaky.

"No. Why? Where is he?"

"Nate, please don't mess around with me right now." I was beginning to cry. "Is my brother with you?"

If Liam was with them, I'd kill them. But I'd hug them before I did so. I needed my brother. I needed him here with me right now before I tore my hair out. I knew that Liam never wandered off, he may be playful and continuously argue with me, but he has never wandered off before, and that was why I was so worried. This was out of his character.

"Rose, he is not here. What's going on?" Now Nate's voice was shaking.

I didn't answer him and instead, began walking around anywhere that could have caught his attention.

"Liam!" I yelled.

No answer, just strange and curious looks from people walking passed.

"Excuse me, have you seen my brother?" Mike asked a couple who were watching us strangely. "He looks like me. Have you seen him?"

They both shook their heads and smiled sadly.

"Mike, was there anyone else in the bathroom?" I asked.

"Just one man." Mike shrugged.

"Did he say anything to you?"

"No. He just kept looking at us." Mike answered.

Oh God, I was so stupid! How could I have let them actually go inside the bathroom by themselves? Was I that stupid to believe that bad things didn't happen once you became wealthy?

I continued to run around, Mike struggling to keep up with me. I kept shouting for Liam but he never came. I wanted to sit down and cry, or yell, or something. But, I had to look for my brother. I heard loud footsteps running towards me and I saw that Nate and Jace were both running towards me, Jace's face completely pale, as if he knew that Liam was missing.

"N-Nate I need you to report this. Find a guard and tell them." I cried.

"Rose, I need to tell you something." Jace murmured, monotone.

I was going to let him speak; let him tell me whatever it was that he wanted to say. But another voice calling for my name had my attention in a fraction of a second. And then I proceeded to cry, happy tears. In a distance, I saw Liam. He was standing a long way away, but I could still see him. He was right there. But, instead of looking safe, he looked terrified, absolutely frightened.

And, so fast that I hadn't even noticed that it had happened, a man came behind Liam, covered his eyes and took him away. I would have seen it properly, if a crowd of high schoolers weren't walking by the exact same time as this incident happened.

Present

My hands were sweaty and my breath was hitching, and I willed myself to put one leg forward and then the other. Everything in me was numb. I couldn't cry, or yell or scream or even ask for help.

I must have just looked like an emotionless robot as I continued to register in my brain how to walk. If walking was hard, then talking was definitely a mission. I ignored everyone around me and just kept putting one foot forward, never looking back.

I couldn't believe this was happening. This wasn't real. It couldn't be. I should have known though. I should have known that I wasn't the happy-go-lucky girl that had everything go her way.

I should have known that something like this was going to happen. Because, I had a pretty good run, nothing bad going on in my life.

And now? I was asking myself how to breathe. How to walk. How to say something, because at this point, I definitely needed help.

The worst thing imaginable was happening. And when you see it in movies, you think 'how sad, but everything will be okay in the end'. But I couldn't think that.

Because I didn't know. I had no idea how to continue my life from this point. I wished I could have another sort of pain being inflicted on me now.

Having my father whipping me would have been a breeze compared to this whole burning through my heart.

I should have known.

"Rose!" I was finally shaken from my numb state as I looked at Jace.

Oh, right. He had something to tell me. I mumbled something incoherent, just so he knew that I had his attention. And then when I looked at him, properly, I noticed that he was crying. I never stopped looking for Liam. Nate had told the lady at the receptionist to call for Liam, and I had security guards looking for him everywhere, telling me that the police were on their way. But it was too late, he was already gone.

"Rose, I saw them. I saw mum and dad. They're here." Jace cried.

I wasn't shocked. How could I be? I had seen it myself.

Because the man that had kidnapped my brother was my estranged father.

----------------------------------

Authors Note:

It was really funny when I was reading the comments and mostly everyone assumed Nate would cheat or something... That's so cliche LOL! And did anyone expect this?

This was like fifteen pages on word! I reckon it's too long and should be split into two parts but then it would ruin the flow of the whole '... Hours Earlier' approach.

This chapter is on time :D one week! Legend or what?

So, her parents are back. Liam is gone. Pretty heavy...

What do you guys think will happen next? I don't actually have an exact answer for that (just an idea) so your ideas are appreciated or else I'll be stuck on writers block :( so please let me know what you think will happen so it can strike an update!

I'm babysitting at the moment...

OHH and, did anyone watch the vampire diaries? Officially the saddest episode ever, in the history of shows. Nina Dobrev is an amazing actress.

Vote, comment and fan.

Farewell xx