Chapter 35- Part 1

Note: Okay chapter 35. I've had to split it into two parts again because this chapter was just over ten pages on Microsoft Word. The second part will be up soon, so enjoy the chapter my lovelies and let me know what you think at the end.

--Laura x

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was feeling slightly hungry by the time we approached the park. And it seemed that Melinda and Chris were hungry as well. I had heard their stomachs rumbling during the car ride. As Billie pulled into a parking space outside the park gates, I saw that Piper and Leo had arrived safely as Piper's car and Phoebe's car were parked in the spaces next to ours.

We all climbed out of the car. Chris and I got out of the doors at the back and Melinda waited for one of us to get out as she had been squished in between us. The three of us smiled at each other before following Billie and Amy through the gates and into the park. I looked at my watch and saw that the time was twenty minutes past twelve. It turns out that we had been in the shop for fifteen minutes, but it had taken us twenty minutes to drive down to the park, which apparently was the nearest one around.

Billie led us near to the play area as she said that's where Piper and everyone else were. When we were a few metres away I saw that she was correct. Around the play area were a number of metal benches, painted brown to fit in with the colours of the park. It was on these that our group had congregated to eat their food on.

"Billie, over here!" came Piper's voice from the other end of the play area, and up came her hand, waving us over.

We made our way over to where everyone was eating. Piper, Leo and Wyatt were sitting at one table, while Terri, Josh and Justin were sitting at another. Well this would be hard to pick where to sit, as I assumed that Melinda and Chris would sit with their family and Amy would probably sit with our friends. I was right. Chris and Melinda walked over to where Piper was sitting and Amy made for the table where our friends were sitting. I decided to follow her. She sat next to Terri so I sat on the end of the bench seat with them. This way I was looking at Justin and Josh but I would be able to watch my family, and see when they decided it was time to go.

I lifted the bag which held my food and placed it on my lap while I got everything out. Once everything was on the table in front of me I squished the bag underneath my legs and opened up the box which held my sandwiches. Josh had already finished eating and it made me uncomfortable when I saw he was watching me eat. Luckily though I'm a quick eater so I finished my sandwich in no time and took a sip of Pepsi before eating my chips.

When I had finished I saw that Wyatt, Chris and Melinda were getting up. Melinda motioned for me to follow when she saw me looking at them. I grinned and picked up my bottle of Pepsi, chocolate bar and bag of jewellery, before placing them on the table next to Piper. She nodded at me, showing that she would look after it before she finished off the last little bite of her sandwich.

I ran as fast as I could to catch up with the Halliwells who were already on one of the equipment. Chris grinned as I joined them and I knew that he had headed here on purpose as he knew I liked to climb. There was a small blue fence that circled the equipment, and by small I meant that it only came up to my hip. This particular piece of equipment was a climbing frame. There were three metal poles erected in a pyramid shape that joined at the top. Around the poles were strings of rope criss-crossing each other so that some made box shapes, others made triangular shapes, but it was just generally random. I had climbed something like this at the zoo when I was six and had found it hard as you had to twist your body to fit through the gaps, considering I was small enough to climb it at the time.