Chapter 29

Note: Okay sorry everyone kind of a boring chapter i'm finding it hard to introduce things but don't worry it will be soon. And just a reminder that I'm from England, I looked up the place used below on the web but I don't know how long it would take to get there from San Fransico so once again sorry if the timing wouldn't be right.  Also I need a name for the band that consists of Lila, Chris, Wyatt, Amy and Justin. I would be grateful if someone could help, so either comment on the end of this chapter along with your thoughts or drop me a message. Enjoy my lovelies. Laura X

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My room was where I was able to escape. I didn't dare venture out in case Wyatt was nearby, I didn't particularly want him to know that he was right. I also didn't dare venture out in case Chris was there. Seeing as how Coop had confirmed we both had feelings for each other without us telling the other that it was right. Then again I'm sure that because I ran out of the room it pretty much confirmed what Coop had said. So I stayed holed up in my room until someone called me down for food.

Meanwhile I decided to do something to take my mind off what had happened. I had thought about reading so I made my way to the small cabinet next to my wardrobe which housed all of the books we could squish in there without damaging them. There were about six shelves filled with books, and the rest were boxed up in the attic, as I only kept my favourites in my room. Even when I was six I loved to read, and in moving from my house to the Manor I had brought about four medium cardboard boxes full of books, belonging to me and some of my mom's that I might've possibly liked in the future. From there my obsession with books got worse until at one point I bought five books each week for four months, even if I hadn't read any of the previous books. Oh well I read them in the end once Piper and Leo stopped giving me pocket money for the remainder of the year.

My fingertips skimmed across the books until I decided to read a vampire love story and I had one particular book in mind. Biting my lip I searched for it but couldn't find it. Where could it be? It was classed as my favourites and so I knew it wouldn't be in the attic. I pulled all of the books off the particular shelf that I knew it would be on until finally it felt onto the pile. Rolling my eyes I picked it up and settled it on my bed before placing each book back in neatly. Typical how the one book I was looking for would be underneath all of the others.

When I had finished placing the books back I sank onto my bed, leaned against my pillows, and held the book in front of me. The edge of the pages were starting to yellow with age but the picture of the characters on the front was still the same, maybe just a little bit faded. The Vampire Diaries, Volume I sat on my lap with Elena, Stefan and Damon looking at me from the grass they were lying down on. I turned the cover over and flipped to Chapter 1 of 'The Awakening'. I wanted to forget about my life and become engrossed in someone else's problems for a while, until I was needed again.

I had read just over 150 pages before the bedroom door creaked open and in came Melinda and Amy.

"Hey Lila, Mom told me to come get you. The food's ready" she said smiling slightly. I grinned at her and saw that Amy was standing uncomfortably behind her.

"Thanks Mel" I said, sliding my silver bookmark into the pages and letting the wolf charm hang over the binding. I left it on my bed while I joined my two friends over by the door. Melinda smiled at me but Amy ignored me. I frowned but shrugged it off. Melinda walked in front of us with Amy in the middle and me at the end while we walked down the corridor. By the time we had reached the stairs Amy and Melinda were walking side by side. I must admit I felt slightly left out but then again they had hung out a lot today due to the disappearing acts I had pulled. They were probably getting fed up with me but I really wasn't in the mood to worry about such things.