Chapter 11

Piper was right, we got there in no time. She took the back roads, where there were less cars and no traffic lights to keep stopping us all the time, and by doing this we got there quicker.

"Crap. The guitars" I said as realisation struck me as I climbed out of the jeep.

"Don't worry Lila, we put them in the back while you were busy" Piper said smiling. She knew how the band needed their own instruments, as we didn't play as good without our own. I nodded, feeling relieved.

"Lila!" two voices shouted as we got our guitars out of the trunk. I turned towards the entrance of P3, and there stood Amy and Justin waiting patiently. Amy had her guitar case slung around her back and was grinning at me.

"Hey guys!" I shouted back as a finally managed to get my case out of the trunk and slung it around my back, just like Amy. The rest of my band were already at the entrance waiting for Piper to open up. I made my way over to them and was instantly encased in a giant hug, which I returned as I recognised Amy because of her coconut smelling shampoo.

"Come on lets go inside. We need to practice and that" Justin said, feeling awkward. So I decided to make it worse by hugging him as well. I grabbed him into a big hug which made him go stiff at first but then he hugged me back, tapping my back after a few seconds to let me know he was feeling awkward. Not wanting to push my luck I backed off.

I linked my arm with Amy's and we walked through the entrance and down the two sets of stairs to find everyone already on the stage setting up. We jogged down the last few steps and made our way over to the stage. Piper was behind the bar stocking up on the drinks and packets of chips and nuts.

By the time we got to the stage everyone was ready and waiting for us. Amy, Justin and I hurriedly got up onto the stage. Justin made his way over to the drums and started warming up by hitting the skins and creating a random tune, Amy took out her guitar and started playing. She tuned some of her strings as they were a bit off. While I waited for everyone to be ready I took out my guitar, laying my case on the floor in front of me and started strumming some chords and matching my voice to the sound. After about one minute I heard the noise around me stop, letting me know that everyone was ready, so I stopped and placed my guitar on the stands we had in front of the drum set.

"Okay so what's the order of the songs we're playing tonight?" I asked my band mates. But looked at Wyatt and Chris the most, as they helped me form the band and always had a say in what we did.

"I was thinking we should do the Paramore song first, and then yours" Wyatt suggested, and I nodded. That sounded like a good idea.

"Okay guys so lets start with Paramore and then move onto mine" I said to everyone else.

"Crush first?" Amy asked. I nodded, "-then we do speak now and long live?" she finished and I nodded each time, thinking that was a great idea. She gave me a thumbs up and I nodded, first to her and Chris then Wyatt. This is signal I gave to each of my band members to let them know I was ready.

The microphone was in between them. I had Chris next to me on my left and Melinda on the far end, with Wyatt standing on my right. Justin was on the drum set behind me and I heard him click his sticks together. Once. Twice. Three times. Then Wyatt, Melinda and Chris started playing. I started singing. Luckily my voice was good and matched Hayley's voice really well, although I wasn't as good as her.

After we finished that song we moved onto my songs. Playing Speak Now first. My band members were really good, and half way through Piper started clapping along and so did Melinda, who had come with us. This made me grin which is hard to do while singing. Thankfully we finished the song soon after so I started to giggle and Melinda joined in with me. I could hear her while I was on the stage even though she was all the way by the bar. Again Justin tapped his sticks together three times, letting my band know when to start.