Chapter 23

Note: Hey guys, i know i said i would upload this like a week ago but i've been busy. So today i'm going to upload this chapter because i know you are all deprived of the Halliwells (I'm only joking). Just to let you know this will see a darker side to Chris and hopefully the feelings between Chris and Lila will start to emerge. Enjoy my lovelies.

--Laura

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Chris! Lila!" Melinda called as she walked into the kitchen. I gave her a bemused look because she had called out for no reason. We smiled at each other, before I got off my seat and hugged her. Wyatt followed in behind her and I hugged him too before he pulled away and joined Leo at the dining table while Melinda poured them both a glass of lemonade.

I took my seat again and waited for them to gulp down their drinks, as I knew they would want to fill us in on what had happened at school today. It was then that I also remembered about our intruder friend and realised we would have to tell them about that as well.

"So how was school?" I asked them when they didn't say anything. Wyatt shrugged and Melinda blushed. I narrowed my eyes, giving her the 'sister' look that we gave each other when we knew the other one was withholding vital gossip. Chris noticed because he turned in his seat to face Melinda, who was standing by the fridge. She turned blood red and I assumed that he had given her a look or wiggled his eyebrows.

"Mel spill the beans" I said and saw her lips narrow which was her way of telling us that she wasn't going to divulge anything. Rolling my eyes, as I knew what would get her to tell us, I said "-fine don't tell us, I'll just peer into your mind and see what secrets you're keeping from us, before running down the road with a megaphone and telling the whole world."

She gasped, looking horrified and I grinned evilly as she knew I would actually do that, especially if the information she was keeping from us would cause her harm. She frowned and pouted.

"Fine" she snapped, but I knew she didn't mean it. "-there's a new guy in my class" I grinned knowing that it had something to do with a boy. I knew her so well.

"And?" I asked, egging her on, needing more information. "-I need gossip Mel" I said and giggled at what I had said. Crap I hadn't meant to say that. The boys laughed with me and she shrugged seemingly unaffected.

"He's cute. That's it" she replied and I huffed.

"You like him. You wanna be his girlfriend" Chris teased her and she stuck her tongue out at him and turned away, but not before I saw the red spots appearing on her cheeks. I rolled my eyes at Chris who was making kissy noises, and making sexual remarks, considering his Dad was in the room with him.

"Jeez Christopher grow up will you. She's a girl, we're allowed to like guys you know. It's not all one-sided attraction, but then again that's all you know isn't it" he turned in his seat, glaring. I then knew that I went too far. Taunting him about that brought up memories from the past that always made him remember how far things had gone. I of all people should know how much it hurt him, jeez I had to be his rock after it happened, plus because of my bond with Chris, I literally knew his pain and anger and hatred over what had happened.

He jumped off the chair and walked out of the kitchen. I groaned and hung my head in my hands.

"Lila there was no need for that" Leo said. I suddenly felt like I wanted to throw a fire ball at someone. For the first time in my life I wanted to use my power to get rid of my frustration and make myself feel better. I gulped. Was I finally turning into that monster from my dream?