Chapter 14.

Stuffing a few books into my locker I try my best to draw no attention to myself.

Which isn't hard.

At some level, since because people just love to give me dirty looks and push me against lockers for fun.

But I meant in the sense of not drawing attention to myself so a certain person wouldn't notice me.

Slade.

Yes I was avoiding him.

I had no choice, I had to do it or else my life in school would be much worse than it already is.

And I honestly don't want to be more miserable than I already am, since technically Vanessa and Claire took the only happy thing that has ever happened to me in school.....Slade.

If they haven't yet, they will eventually.

So far I was doing great.

I spent the first two periods in the library finishing my book thankfully Slade didn't appear, the other 3 periods were classes I didn't have with him so it was easy running to class without bumping into him, then I was excused the next period to do principle assistant stuff with Mr.Altman, and there was just one period left.

I think I can make it, I think I can actually accomplish avoiding Slade Johnson for the whole entire day.

"Grace!" a familiar male voice calls.

I sigh.

Spoke too soon Grace.

I know, I know.

Pushing my glasses up with my finger I quickly shut my locker.

Ignoring his calls I pace towards my next class.

Clearly that isn't enough for Slade, nothing is ever enough.

So he chases after me.

Why can't he just understand?

I need space, right?

No, you want Slade to be with you not away from you. You're just making lame excuses just to not admit that you're scared of Vanessa and Claire.

Clearly he doesn't get that I don't want to speak to him!

Actually you do...but you just can't.

Hey, yeah you, no one asked, so can you shut up!

Well then, someone's on their period.

Ugh!

"Wait!" he demands.

I give up stopping in my tracks.

Thankfully the halls were getting cleared so there weren't a lot of students around.

He jogs over.

Placing an arm on my shoulder he spins me around looking upon my nervous face.

"Why have you been avoiding me?" he questions.

I stare down at my knotted hands, my palms already sweaty.

I chew on the inside of my lip thinking of a way to retort his current question.

He patiently waits for an answer without a word.

But I can tell he's eager to know.

Because his stare burns into my face.

And I'm becoming more of a nervous wreck.

This is so embarrassing.

I can't even answer a question, I literally look ed.