Chapter 48.

♡GRADUATION♡

"Thank you all for being here, staff, vice principals, teachers, deans, parents, students, and all who helped put this graduation ceremony together. You all did an amazing job to welcome the parents and class of 2016" Mr.Altman thanks.

I look to my left and see Claire smiling back at me.

Our cap and gowns are a sky blue, and she ofcourse took the time out to sparkle and sprinkle bottles of glitter onto her cap, in order to bling it up and make it her own so she could look unique.

And she did, her cap and outfit outstood the rest of us, she looked beautiful and literally shined.

She offered to do the same to my cap, but I said she should shine on her own, besides I wasn't going to look like the rest either.

I had my own unique touch, and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I place my hand in hers, she gives it a squeeze.

I search for Slade.

I smile watching the back of his head once I spot him.

We made it.

We really made.

He made it.

And I'm so glad he did.

I'm so glad I was able to be there for him, and motivate along with help him in everything.

Most of all, I'm glad we worked things out.

I could finally say my life was great and actually mean it.

"And now for our valedictorian, miss Grace Evans!" Mr.Altman's voice proudly announces.

People begin to clap as I stand up and start my way to the front.

Walking carefully I try my best to shake away the nerves.

Once I'm up on the stage I thank Mr.Altman for passing me the microphone.

For a split second my eyes fall on Slade, we instantly lock eyes and he gives me a reassuring smile.

That smile was enough to make me forget I was in front of a multitude of students, parents, and staff for a speech I had prepared.

And whom I personally didn't know how it would sound or if it would sound good enough to say in public.

I smile back hoping for the best.

"Thank you Mr.Altman and goodmorning to you all" I begin forcing a wider smile onto my face.

"My name is Grace Evans and I am honored to be named valecdicrian of Brookmen High for the class of 2016, this morning" I confess.

"It's an amazing privilege and I couldn't ask for anything better" I comment.

"First off I'll like to tell the class of 2016, that we finally made it!".

They cheer along proudly as the rest give us all a round of applause.

"And we couldn't have done this without our own dedication, hard work, support from our principal Mr.Altman, counselors, teachers, staff, family, and friends".

"So in this moment we thank and honor you all, because you are a huge part of our success today. We couldn't have done this without you".

The students clap and cheer on followed by the rest.

"I know for all of us who are graduating today have different goals set up and different paths that soon will be taken, but may this day and these words be with you at all times, as a motivation and positive memory/reminder wherever you go" I say in hope.